Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New On The Forum (( Texx ))

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

hey texx, that's cool you have a hot machine. I have one too that i am building a crawler out of. you can click the link in my signature to see it.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

HO HO HOTRODZACH ....the guy are very hard towards a so beautiful body, does not destroy it, please.:-( I paid mine $5.00 and I have to place the electronics of the new-bright at interior (9.6v) ..( just electronics ) and that functions very well. I have the proportional trottle and the controller NB and ALL FUNCTION WELL… why throw it not not. never. ...I like it too much. I have fun with from time to time, it is strong and very quickly..... GARDE CE CORPS ... KEEP THIS BODY ..
texx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Some photographs for you ....HOTRODZACH... of my BUBBA.... If I find another BUBBA, I converts it in the kind of your. I have to look at your HUMMER/BUBBA. ...........VERY VERY INTERESTING .......

http://www.putfile.com/blackfly1900/images/23988

Last edited by texx; 10-03-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

The body on yours looks cool, but mine was broken and faded, so i didn't like it too much. If you ever get another one, it would be cool for you to make it into a crawler too.

I like how you put electronics from a new bright crawler in it, that's what i need to do to mine.
-Dalton
Old 09-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Hello ...HOTRODZACH ...to install the complete electronics of the NEW-BRIGHT in the bubba is very easy. You buys a newbright for some dollards ( $25.00 USA ) and you takes the electronic box, it is not so large. There are 3 double cable on this box, 2 for the 2 engines and 1 for the steering, marks and cuts them close to the engines. You takes the late cable of the NEWBRIGHT and you welds it with the cable of the engine BUBBA , then you takes the wire NEWBRIGHT steering and you with the wire motor-steering BUBBA welds it, is not useful of the wire of the motor front NEWBRIGHT , you will have the proportionel trottle, it is very pleasant, that functions with a battery ( 9.6v ) and I never had of disorder with these modifications. Do not forget to weld your antenna you should be able to make this modification without problems....

Last edited by texx; 10-03-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Hello,
I have to lengthen the footing of my SCORPION…
Overall length #### 13 inches #### ( with his large tires ),
And I have to move back the shocks of 1/4 inch.
Now it raises the foot of 6 inches.
Is this well for a SCORPION 1:18 and which keeps its pace stock… or almost ?????
THANK

JOB # 4

To soften my tires a little more with my exacto or my dremel ..... ( if possible )

http://www.putfile.com/blackfly1900/images/24483

Last edited by texx; 10-03-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:24 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

The scorpion looks cool, and the xacto knife works great for cutting tires.
-Dalton
Old 09-22-2006, 11:41 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

i use my dremmel to cut the treads on the tire. you can also use snips and nail clippers. using an xacto is dangerous.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by texx
HELLO ........................
This morning, I made some plans for my JEEP-NYLINT, and I show you some photographs .....

http://www.putfile.com/blackfly1900/images/24700

.It is only the beginning and this project will take form in the weeks to come.

There will be a window with the back and I will change his color.

THANK...:-P
that is a cool idea there texx.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

That does look awesome texx. I never thought to put an actual roof and rear window on one.

And using the xacto knife isn't too dangerous if you know how to use it. it makes the cleanest cut i think. The nail clippers work good too. the dremel tends to take too long to get it right.
-Dalton
Old 09-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

HELLO.. .. Thank you ...TWISTED ..and.. HOTRODZACH ... for your councils, and your comments,
This afternoon, I am to practise on another set of tires (which are harder than those of my scorpion but which are similar)
I have some to cut one to the manner of TWISTED, after the cut, I have it to find rather impressive (the tire)
I go dicider if I cut mine in this way .

###########. I have another subject for you..#################

This subject has you it already be on the forum ?
You will find me odd,......................:-?

By studying the shocks, I had an idea and I explain it to you ...

I wanted to find the means of lengthening the way of the shock, and I succeeded partly.
If somebody finds the means of installing it, it would be perfect.
The problem, is that the small screw which is located at interior shock stopped on the screw which maintains the shock on the frame.
And so that the shock works well, is needed that this small screw travels straight in its goes and come.
It is necessary to find a system to make hold the shock places from there but without placing the screw and the small adaptor of black plastic in the hole of the shock.
With this system, the shock opens of 1/2 inch more and that results in a good difference on the cable
This idea is it good. ?????

I have to lengthen the shock enterior of 1/2 inch and I maintained it with a threaded screw of the 2 ends, and then,
I have to tighten the screw of reserve/adjustment and all functions well.

((((( Can that it function? )))))

Here some photographs of the SHOCK and the TIRE .... THANK ........

http://www.putfile.com/blackfly1900/images/24700

Last edited by texx; 10-03-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:31 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

ok texx, i had a bit of a time trying to figure out what you were talking about.thank god for pics. lol.....

correct me if iam wrong but your problem is you made the shock longer and on compresion the screw comes out and hits the shock mount ,correct ?

your on the rite track but a longer shock isnt what ya need. you can get more travel by simply relocating the shock.leaning the tops in will help the suspension.try moving the shocks around and see what ya like. remember there is such a thing as to much flex.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by texx
According to you TWISTED, if I more cable wants, I would be better to change the shocks. At present I have six inches of cable, is this sufficient for 1:18 ? .............[/IMG]

thats more then enough. thats more flex then mine.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

HELLO ........TRICKEDOUTNYLINT06.........
I made some modification since I have my SCORPION......
/To cut the springs of the shock / to lengthen the footing / to change the tires / and I am at present to reflect on the cut of my tires… ( TWISTED-METHOD ) all probably) and that should soften them still more.
And I seek a method to have even more cable without changing the aspect of the SCORPION too much

. I will take video when these modifications are to finish.
I will test the steering-motor at the same time and the decisions will be caught after. all these tests.
And I will try to find truths beautiful rocks and not of the CRUSHED ROCK :-P :-P
I am in a hurry well to test it on the rock
And meanwhile I have to begin the transformation from my JEEP-NYLINT but I does not want to go too quickly,

I wants to make a success of it.[IMG]http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/

[/IMG]

Good day ....TRICKEDOUTNYLINT06

Last edited by texx; 01-09-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

texx flip your tires areound so the "V" points up. you will get more traction on rocks that way.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Texx, he means flip the tires the other way, so the tire tread is pointing the opposite way, like this:
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:33 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

My GOD whom I have of misery with my English and my translator. Thank you TRICKEDOUTNYLINT06 , you arrived in good time, :-P I believed that TWISTED wanted that I cut my tires a little more ...I believed that word FLIP wanted to say to cut , ( ERROR ERROR ):-( :-( , I will place them in the good direction, thank you still ,....... if I cut my 4 tires as that on which I have to practise it will be well ??? ... How made you to place a so large photograph on the forum ? THANK YOU Merçi à vous ... vous etes tres gentil .....
Old 09-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

thanks trickedoutnylint06,that it exactly what i ment.

also texx, do you hav any wd40 ? if you do ,spray it on the rubber of your tires over a weeks period. this will soften up therubber compund a bit.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:49 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

hey texx, your cut is fine.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

For you TWISTED,....TRICKEDOUTNYLINT06 ...and other members of the forum .....................
For the updates, it will be necessary to wait a little.
I made large purchases the latter two months
and it will be necessary that I release a little.
I am initial with regard to electronics and the mechanics of the r/c,
That made approximately 10 months that I am interested has this hobby and for 10 months, I have made progress,
And I thank those which have to help me and which still helps me
I would like to install a kit-steering r/c and also to have the proportionel-trottle but I will wait a little and your councils will be well appreciated in that time .
I will call upon the experts who are numerous on this forum .
It is necessary for me well to study this crawler on the ground before transforming it complete.
. MY CURRENCY = TO MAKE MY POSSIBLE

TWISTED .... and .... TRICKEDOUTNYLINT06
THANK YOU for your last councils........... I LIKE THIS FORUM