Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: engine sounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default engine sounds

This is absolutely ridiculous that I have spent 10 minutes scouring the internet for a simple .wav or .mp3 sound file of a v8 engine idling. Seriously, try and find one that is not a 5 second long startup or takeoff sound bit. Or one that's not corrupted with someone talking over it or other passerby motorists or something. All I'm looking for is a friggin sound wave of a v8 (hemi preferably) idling or idling with some throttle blips or driving offroad. Out of the entire internet I am flabergasted that this is an impossible find!
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: engine sounds

Just record your own. If you don't know anyone with a v8 just take a friend with you to the car dealership and test drive a truck and do your recording. Good luck .
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Maybe something in here will work.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=283281
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Post #1 and #27 may also give you what you want.

71 Nova with zz502
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Wow, you spent 10 whole minutes looking for something?? Good for you. Research is fun, isn't it?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsachs View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous that I have spent 10 minutes scouring the internet for a simple .wav or .mp3 sound file of a v8 engine idling. Seriously, try and find one that is not a 5 second long startup or takeoff sound bit. Or one that's not corrupted with someone talking over it or other passerby motorists or something. All I'm looking for is a friggin sound wave of a v8 (hemi preferably) idling or idling with some throttle blips or driving offroad. Out of the entire internet I am flabergasted that this is an impossible find!
Are you looking for a sound module to have real engine sound to coincide with motor rpm? This company has crawler/trail truck specific sound...but it's not cheap. Demos
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I don't have any recording devices to do my own, nothing on that nova site is what I'm looking for either. I still cannot believe a simple 3 minute v8 idle sound wave file does not exist on the internet. This is absolutely absurd. That website that mates the sound with your engine is awesome, you're pretty close to what I'm looking for but I just want a sound wave to loop and put on an ipod. I'm not crazy about listening to the frequency screech and electric whirs of my crawler.

Last edited by fatsachs; 01-11-2014 at 08:42 PM.
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

If you can't find a 3 minute clip, at least get a minute long clip and use audacity to create a 3 minute long looping clip. I am big into WWII and have created a bombing run with air raid siren, bombers, explosions etc. using audacity and overlapping the files, my point is that with a couple little clips and some patience you could make a 3 min clip, plus it is actually fun creating some clips. If you can't find what your looking for it might be worth a shot.

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #9
RCP CRAWLERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsachs View Post
I don't have any recording devices to do my own, nothing on that nova site is what I'm looking for either. I still cannot believe a simple 3 minute v8 idle sound wave file does not exist on the internet. This is absolutely absurd. That website that mates the sound with your engine is awesome, you're pretty close to what I'm looking for but I just want a sound wave to loop and put on an ipod. I'm not crazy about listening to the frequency screech and electric whirs of my crawler.

PM sent ...file created
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Easy!!! Go on magnaflow,bassani,flowmaster,borla websites.. They professional have sound clips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chesebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Wow, you spent 10 whole minutes looking for something?? Good for you. Research is fun, isn't it?
And to think it would be even easier and faster to search the internet if we didn't have to weed through useless posts like yours!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesebro View Post
Easy!!! Go on magnaflow,bassani,flowmaster,borla websites.. They professional have sound clips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great point!

You can also go on YouTube and rip the audio from there. There are websites that will do this for you.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

engine sounds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine Sounds For My Truck Alpha Male Electronics 13 05-27-2010 12:13 PM
Amazing Car and engine sounds....WITH MOUTH! EeePee Chit Chat 24 12-18-2009 02:52 PM
Crazy Finns Crashing - with pure engine sounds EeePee Chit Chat 28 11-14-2009 12:54 PM
Real engine sounds ? Blackvelvet Electronics 3 04-28-2009 12:38 AM
Real engine sounds for your scale rig!! JAM MaxAmps.com General Scale Talk 18 07-13-2008 06:06 PM