Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: ESC and Motor Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #1

Default ESC and Motor Help

Im a newbie to this hobby so i need a little help. i purchased a scx-10 honcho used. It works as should but I think it has the wrong motor and esc for crawling. When climbing and lightly pulling receiver trigger it stalls out. making you pull trigger more and when you do it gives it too much power and eliminates crawling and turns into a stadium truck. The ESC s a Duratrax ELEMENT by castle 3900kv, and the motor is a brushless(TRAXXAS ) motor
please help guys. what do i need to replace this stuff
zombie121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ESC and Motor Help

A brushed motor or Sensored bl motor and esc..

A good combo a lot of guys run is a HH brxl and a 35t torquemaster pro motor. I have come to like a HH 16t crawlmaster pro more.. better low end smooth crawling and better top end for wheel speed.

You can pm me with any additional questions if you would like. I'm goin to go look up that esc and see if maybe it runs brushed motors as well.

EDIT: ok after a quick look, it seems the esc you have is no different then a sidewinder esc, so basically the same esc that comes in a scx to begin with(ae-2) or what not.. with a castle link, you can switch it to brushed motor and setup the rest of the needed programming. Such as Lipo cut off, drag brake, etc..
So that saves ya some money. Now you can get a good brushed motor and start to really enjoy ur rig!

I only bounce in and out of this section, so if you do have questions. Feel free to shoot me a pm.

Last edited by winnerone23; 02-17-2014 at 10:41 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote

ESC and Motor Help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sidewinder esc and 5700 motor or Traxxas vxl 3s esc with brushless motor? THE CRAWLER KING Newbie General 6 08-22-2010 07:10 AM
single motor esc or dual motor esc jwo Electronics 0 01-20-2010 11:42 PM