Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed Mad Torque and Max Stone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #1

Default Exceed Mad Torque and Max Stone

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.
I'm looking for feedback from those of you who have had these, 4x4s or the 6x6. I'm curious about the Redcat crawlers as well as I understand the two have shared designs. Strengths and/or weaknesses. I won't be competing or anything hardcore. So what are your experiences with these? Thank you. Great forum here!

Last edited by Brettl; 05-26-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Brettl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Exceed Mad Torque and Max Stone

You get what you pay for, but they are worth the money. Lots of fun and parts are available. I have a Maxstone 10 and if I break something in the driveline, I hear AX10 parts fit. Many of them are dual motor and I don't like that cause it's not scale and you see one axle pulling and the other stalling. I have both the Maxstone and the Redcat RS10 and I prefer my Maxstone. It's what, $135 RTR? I paid $125, but that company has been raising prices and the Maxstone is still a deal but some of the larger 1/8 scale cars I want are now well over $300, not going there... My suggestion is an Axial, I own 2, but have not driven them yet I admit. But if going cheap, I would buy the Maxstone again. Very slow but very high torque and crawling ability. If it's your first crawler, don't hesitate, get the Maxstone instead of waiting. So what if you break something, you can always buy cheap parts or Axial parts. I am a gentle adult user, so I have not broken anything on my cheap cars that have not broken on name brands as well.
shahram72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I too have axial, redcat, and Maxstone 10. I like them all for different reasons but I have the most fun and play the most with the Maxstone. I have replaced much of it with Axial upgrade parts when something breaks, but I'm not nice to it at all. I feel like they are a great value and starting point.
mowheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you get a maxstone 10 it wont be long before its pretty much an ax10 from what understand. I have been bashing on an old ax10 scorpion for years and only replaced drive shafts from breakages. But the maxstone maybe the better start value since most rigs end up being mostly aftermarket parts anyway.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Would love to see details of your Maxstone, mowheelin! I have not broken mine but I have not driven it more than 15 times anyway. I'm going to make it a Silverado redneck truck soon in Candy Apple Green to match the aluminum bits. Axial is much better, but the MAxstone is what got me into crawling and now I own it and TWO Axial cars!
shahram72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

IMO even if you just goofing around with these, avoid the redcat. Also instead of the max stone, I would go with the mad torque...better axles. Or just bite the bullet and go with an axial product.

Ok disregard my statement.....still avoid the Redcat. But I recommended the Mad Torque, it is a lot better then the max stone but it's 1/8 scale. If you want 1/10 the max stone is fine. Or like I said spend a little more for an axial

Last edited by Wade; 06-01-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I call it the GMax. Has Max axles, driveshafts, links, radio, wheels, and rear shocks, all in a Gmade chassis. Holmes 13t 5pole motor (not sure which one that is but very efficient) Holmes BRXL (waterproof) Savox waterproof servo and RC4WD R1 trans. Twin 3s lipo 1.3mah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mowheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

There always seems to be quite a few exceed haters and axial promoters but have friends who've bought scx10s,ax10s, and max stones. I watched both the exceed and axial trucks have similar problems stock. All end up replacing the same parts and most parts are compatible between all the trucks. In stock form exceeds come with a lot more metal on them especially the links which seems to be the first thing to be changed in all my buddies axials. One friend has $1200 into his scx and can't crawl as easily as a very lightly modded $300 max stone.
I just got a mad torque after a lot of research and debating the issue. I want to have the best crawlability so I went with moa. I've reduced the length and width so it sits at 1/10 scale now. Imho get the exceed it's a cheaper base to build off and can be a great crawler.
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:08 AM   #9

Hi I'm new to this moa crawler I just got it and I was wondering were I can get axle parts for it and if there is any that will interchange with it. It's a exceed mad torque
Kcrowe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:26 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

The mad torque, is pretty good! I also had the 1/8 max stone was ok to. I miss them and will be getting another sometime soon.

The steering alloy knuckles form a scx10 are a direct bolt on. For the mad torque.

Also get the rear steering kit for it also, even if you dont use all of it, the tie rod beef's up the rear axle a bunch.
sawback is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artr, crawler, crawling, rtr

Exceed Mad Torque and Max Stone - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exceed 1/16 Max Stone? TheCrunge Newbie General 7 04-10-2013 01:47 PM
Exceed max stone 8 96transam General Crawlers 5 09-03-2012 10:49 PM
Exceed Max Stone 1/8 PONYBOY87LX General Crawlers 4 01-02-2012 05:49 PM
exceed max torque or mad crawler?? dylanjnt Newbie General 6 12-29-2011 06:37 PM