Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Where to get springs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2016, 12:58 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Where to get springs?

Hey guys,

I need some springs to tune my pro-line powerstroke "scalers". Now I've found plenty for springs on RPP, but I'm a lil' unsure where the supplied information is taking the measurements from. I know that the springs I'm looking for have to be 12mm I.D, and that I'd like to have them in 20mm, 70mm, and maybe 90mm in length. Odd colours don't scare me I'll just hit them with some spray paint.

I'm going off of what my caliper says about my scaler springs, a spring with 14mm O.D should have an I.D of about 12mm, if the spring material is 1mm.

The reason for this^^ is that I decided to put on of the pro-line bronco wraith bodies on my BMRC IF/IR suspension wraith...wrexo...what ever you like to call it, and there is now no room for the larger SCT powerstrokes I had on it before, well no room in the front, there is still loads of room for them in the rear, but having 2 different O.D shocks bothers me when I look at it. I also started thinking it was time to move my shocks into the stock location on the exo a-arms, instead of having them mounted outboard where the lower eye holes were getting ground to pieces.

So please let me know what you guys have on hand, so I may order what I need.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Where to get springs?

Vaterra Ascender shock springs are same or very close diameter and are sold in three packs short upper springs and longer bottom springs for two stage setup. They come in pack with soft, medium and firm springs.

Upper Shock Spring Set Soft, Medium, Hard (2): ASN (VTR233029), the color code is just a dab of paint on the end of the springs, all springs are black.
Upper Shock Spring Set Soft, Medium, Hard (2): ASN | HorizonHobby
This Upper Shock Spring Set is a direct fit replacement part for the Vaterra Ascender. Include 3 different firmness to fine tune performance.
2 Soft (Yellow)
2 Medium (silver)
2 Firm (green)

Lower Shock Spring Set Soft, Medium, Hard (2): ASN (VTR233030)
Lower Shock Spring Set Soft, Medium, Hard (2): ASN | HorizonHobby
Lower Shock Spring Set is a direct fit replacement part for the Vaterra Ascender. Include 3 different firmness to fine tune performance.
2 Soft (Yellow)
2 Medium (silver)
2 Firm (green)

Proline sells a repair kit for the Scaler (90-95mm) shocks and they come with dual stage and single stage springs, but no assortment available like for the PowerStrokes. These springs are all grey.
https://www.prolineracing.com/powerstroke-shocks/

Axial also sells different rate upper and lower springs for Axial SCX10, (Deadbolt are single stage long springs), they are also color coded with little paint on end of spring, all springs are grey.
Axial springs here:
Axial Racing - Axial SCX10 Honcho 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR

Losi Mini-T,

AE 1/18 scale cars and trucks springs may be proper size.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:40 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Where to get springs?

Probably best to ditch the dual stage and get some longer single stage springs for the prolines.
triggerhapy is offline   Reply With Quote

Where to get springs? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
oil shocks w/leaf springs (no coil springs) VR6 BeelzeDub G-Made Sawback 9 05-18-2016 07:52 AM
Schock-Setup - why run internal springs, or no springs? Turbo-s Axial XR10 3 02-10-2012 09:16 AM
Custom Deaver Springs or ARB OMU springs Agama Chit Chat 8 08-08-2011 01:31 PM
Axial springs vs Losi springs question PowerCrazy General Crawlers 19 05-24-2011 05:51 PM