Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

View Poll Results: Do we need a Barrage, Outback, and RGT sub-forum?
Yes 69 81.18%
No 13 15.29%
Don't care 3 3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Poll: Do we need a Barrage, Outback, and RGT sub-forum?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Poll: Do we need a Barrage, Outback, and RGT sub-forum?

I considered putting this in the suggestions sub-forum, but figured no one would see it to vote, which is kinda the point. ;)

As you may know, these inexpensive (~$150), 1/12-scale, 250mm-wheelbase crawlers are produced by at least 3 companies, and are available all over the world. They're not only gaining popularity (see links below including one 30-page thread), but also improving in design at a rapid rate (the manufacturers must be reading the forums!). They're already onto version 3 which boasts CV front axles, CMS, panhard mounts, proper separated electronics, metal links, 390 motor, outboarded shocks and 4-link suspension (to cure torque twist), scale axles, overdrive-capable differentials, oil-filled shocks, LED light kit, metal hollow balls for rod-ends, and there are a HUGE variety of bodies (195mm-width; think CC01) that fit.

NOTE: Please use the YES/NO/DON'T-CARE and VOTE buttons above (in your web browser) to cast your vote. If you're using Tapatalk, you can either open this page in a web browser or else write: "My vote is: [yes/no/don't care]" in a comment/post and we'll tally it up.

First-sighting:
1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

Version 3:
RGT RC4 Ver.3 Bowler (aka FTX/HSP/Barrage)

Bodies that fit are listed in the first post here:
Hillbilly's barrage upgrade bible!

Another good thread:
Best First Upgrades - ECX Barrage

Search for yourself:
https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...Arccrawler.com
Version 3 (RGT "Bowler" model 137300) pics:

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 05-27-2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Updates and clarifications
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Poll: Do we need a Barrage, FTX, and RGT sub-forum?

Yes please.
Here in the UK the FTX Outlaw is very popular and there's a few Brits on these forums

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Poll: Do we need a Barrage, FTX, and RGT sub-forum?

yes.

And one other word baroncho (barrage with scx10/clone axles). I'm building one which I just did a big update tonight on my build. Also mewalsh100 built one. I know he loves it and its fun to drive.
Cheap, easy to build, easy to modify. Don't let the ecx/rgt/ftx hold it back its a great rig and very versatile.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Poll: Do we need a Barrage, Outback, and RGT sub-forum?

If Pro-line thought enough of it to build a body for it, I'd think a forum section would be a logical choice.

Sumo Clear Body
for ECX Barrage, FTX Outback and 10” (254mm) Wheelbase Scale Crawlers

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

don't forget the MST Jimny hardbody but we could go on forever about bodies that fit...

YES! this is a super capable and affordable rig! PERFECT for a first crawler, or even good for something to just tinker with even if you are experienced.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

YES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

When are we going to get a subforum for subforums that need subforums? This site is already a clusterfawk so NO, we do not need to add to the clutter of junk 15 people (at the time of this post) care about. If anything I'd say we need to do like mr president is doing. Add one, take away two.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Add one, take away two.
I'll trade the general Traxxas, Kyosho, Cliff Climber, Venom, XTM, Yeti XL sections and condense all the Tamiya sections into 1 for a Barrage section.

I don't particularly care if the Barrage gets its own section but I'm all for wiping out a bunch of sub-forums.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I'll trade the general Traxxas, Kyosho, Cliff Climber, Venom, XTM, Yeti XL sections and condense all the Tamiya sections into 1 for a Barrage section.

I don't particularly care if the Barrage gets its own section but I'm all for wiping out a bunch of sub-forums.
Looks like we need another poll to see what we could do away with
Perhaps as this hobby evolves then this site could match that perhaps? Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:37 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Yes, it should have it's own sub-forum and the older forums are good for the information contained within them.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:54 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
When are we going to get a subforum for subforums that need subforums? This site is already a clusterfawk so NO, we do not need to add to the clutter of junk 15 people (at the time of this post) care about. If anything I'd say we need to do like mr president is doing. Add one, take away two.

This is 2018. Quit being so insensitive to other makes and model. Jeez, open your eyes already.

calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

You'd think we were talking about the 10 commandments or the amendments to the constitution or something...

Change is GOOD!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
This is 2018. Quit being so insensitive to other makes and model. Jeez, open your eyes already.

Nuts & nipples, nothing else is sensetive.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Nuts & nipples, nothing else is sensetive.
That's funny
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
What do you have against being organized and making stuff easy to find? Do you have ADD like me?!?

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 05-24-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
What do you have against being organized and making stuff easy to find? Do you have ADD like me?!?
Every time a new model pops up it does not automatically deserve it's own section. There are already easily double the needed sections screwing the place up as is.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Every time a new model pops up it does not automatically deserve it's own section. There are already easily double the needed sections screwing the place up as is.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but ya know, if you don't want to read a sub-forum (such as the hopefully soon-to-be Barrage forum), you could just avoid clicking on it; just a thought. ;)

Or is it the scrolling that bothers you? They have these new kinds of mice with scroll wheels... maybe you've seen them. ROTFL Seriously though, if you're on a laptop you could try learning about touchpad gestures, but smart fellow that you are you probably know about them already.

In my web browser I use bookmarks, and on my phone I only subscribe to the sub-forums I'm interested in using Tapatalk so I don't get overwhelmed by the 100+ daily thread updates regarding things I couldn't care less about.

...attempting to bring order to chaos; I'm open to other ideas about how to do this, like maybe an archive section for older, inactive models...
Old 05-30-2018, 06:23 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

These little rigs deserve there own section, or atleast combine it with the Losi MRC section, as they seem to be getting more popular. As for getting rid of sections, be careful. However, moving some sections to an archive might be the right idea. maybe, move the very old and inactive sections like the cliffclimber, clodbuster, and the xtm crawler to a subsection called archive where people who still have them can still write about it in the hopes of finding help and show off their rig.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

First-posting just to chime in! My thoughts as a newcomer to the forum whose been creeping pretty much daily for 6-8 weeks as I research my first crawler:

1. Yes, the ecx barrage and its variants seem (from my observation of forum discussion) to deserve their own section but
2. Generally, the forum sections need to be cleaned up! There is a ton of duplication having both "brand" subforums and model subforums, as well as the "Scale" subforums (microscale, 1.55, 1.9, 2.2, etc.) While the "scale rigs" group seems to be mostly dedicated to custom-built rigs, I've encountered some pretty useful threads about specific models in those sections as well.
3. In light of that, I'd suggest an ECX/FTX/RGT brand forum (that applies to both the 1/12 and 1/24 barrage and barrage variants). I feel this way because from what I can see, these weird 1/12 in-betweeners really can't be described by any of the existing scale subforums.. so we see threads popping up in a lot of different places.

IMO, either the model-specific subforums need to be merged into the brand forums or vice versa. There is a ton of awesome info on this site but sometimes it is so cluttered I wouldn't possibly know where to look without google!
jwwolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:51 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I think the poll should have an #4 option for the people that agree the traxxas sections should be banned and locked! So all the newbs stay on traxxas web forum and stop asking the same qestions about locking the diffs !
sawback is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barrage, bowler, ftx, outback, rgt

Poll: Do we need a Barrage, Outback, and RGT sub-forum? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RGT RC4 Ver.3 Bowler (aka FTX/HSP/Barrage) honchojoe 1.9 Scale Rigs 61 06-11-2018 06:26 PM
1/24 rgt adventurer ecx barrage ftx outback mini ball bearing upgrade shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-09-2018 06:50 AM
MOD TEST RGT ADVENTURER ,FTX OUTBACK MINI , ECX BARRAGE 1/24 crawlers shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 01-27-2018 07:13 AM
Rgt adventurer ecx barrage ftx outback pinion gear mod shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 01-02-2018 08:24 PM