Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Esc

MMP is a good esc. I would like it, if you have the castle link you can set a throttle curve for better low speed control. The HW wp 1080 is only $40, the 80$ one i was referring to is the castle sw4, most of the castle ones are obout the same if you stick with brushed motors, as far as I know. Some have a stronger drag brake.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Didnt get a vid today, sorry guys. Although i got my new driveshafts in today. While i was piddlin n puttin them in, i tryed a 3s on my xl5. It lit up green til i either turned the wheels or squeezed the trigger. If i can run 3s on my xl5, how do i set it up to do so?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

It should be good to go, do you have the XL5HV from the TRX4? Mine could go from 2-3s no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Didnt get a vid today, sorry guys. Although i got my new driveshafts in today. While i was piddlin n puttin them in, i tryed a 3s on my xl5. It lit up green til i either turned the wheels or squeezed the trigger. If i can run 3s on my xl5, how do i set it up to do so?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #24
RCC Addict

No, mines not the HV. Thats y i was sayin it wont work in 3s. I know the HV version will

Old 09-15-2018, 05:57 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Ok, I still believe it could.
But I may be wrong.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:32 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimdogg View Post
Ok, I still believe it could.
But I may be wrong.

the XL-5 is NOT 3s compatible.
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:45 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
the XL-5 is NOT 3s compatible.
I've never tried it, but I posted a link to a thread full of people who have

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:25 AM   #28
RCC Addict

I tryd it on 3s n the light just blinks. I happen to find an el cheapo esc i had got in a lot of parts. It works ok. Definantly has more wheel speed now. But the esc has a glitch in it. It wants to jump every once in a while without touchin the throttle. So im still in market for n esc. Im beginning to wonder if the xl5 ive got isnt in trainin mode. Thought bout that after i swapped them out smh

Old 09-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Well you certainly can't go wrong with the Hobbywing 1080.
Or if you want to stay with Traxxas, the XL5HV is actually pretty nice honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
I tryd it on 3s n the light just blinks. I happen to find an el cheapo esc i had got in a lot of parts. It works ok. Definantly has more wheel speed now. But the esc has a glitch in it. It wants to jump every once in a while without touchin the throttle. So im still in market for n esc. Im beginning to wonder if the xl5 ive got isnt in trainin mode. Thought bout that after i swapped them out smh

Old 09-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimdogg View Post
Well you certainly can't go wrong with the Hobbywing 1080.
Or if you want to stay with Traxxas, the XL5HV is actually pretty nice honestly.

Think im goina try n get my hands on the mmp if its still available next week. If not, ill go with the HW1080. Goina try this el cheapo out after work n see how it does for now. Need to go scout out some good spot to go crawl at now. Theres an ok spot at the concrete plant i work at, but it get old after awhile lol

Old 09-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good.
If you're interested, I have the XL5HV from my TRX that I'd be willing to part with cheaply.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

I went from stock axial electronics to an HW1080 and was blown away by the performance difference. Then I paid 30$ more and was extra blown away by a Castle Mamba X Micro and its performance difference. Those are both two very reasonable price points with very noticeable improvements. The XL-5 series is absolute shit IMO and I would never recommend them to anyone. Im sure some people have good luck, but I havent had a single Traxxas electronics piece, be it esc, receiver, or servo that hasnt failed.
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
I went from stock axial electronics to an HW1080 and was blown away by the performance difference. Then I paid 30$ more and was extra blown away by a Castle Mamba X Micro and its performance difference. Those are both two very reasonable price points with very noticeable improvements. The XL-5 series is absolute shit IMO and I would never recommend them to anyone. Im sure some people have good luck, but I havent had a single Traxxas electronics piece, be it esc, receiver, or servo that hasnt failed.
So far i havent had a problem with any traxxas electronics other than stripping gears in a servo. I did find my problem on my esc last nite. I guess i changed the settings w/out knowin it. It was sat to training mode. I changed it n it came alive lol. The only reason i ditched the traxxas electronics was wen i upgraded my p4de. I put a HW sc8wp esc n a goolrc 2150kv BL motor in it. Now that thing will scat! I think its as fast as my erbe, if not faster lol

Esc - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which ESC Brake/Reverse Type Setting on my Mamba Max ESC? b00st3d Venom Creeper 3 01-24-2010 04:34 PM
RX pack & ESC, remove the red wire or leave the ESC switch off BenW Electronics 5 02-23-2005 06:25 PM