Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axle problems and suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #1

Smile Axle problems and suggestions

Hey everyone, I have an old Rcp Wreckluse tube chassis that I have put together with a styrene interior and it's looking great. The only thing is it is quite heavy and with a Holmes hobbies high torque motor in it it's a little hard on the drive train without a slipper. With I can't seem to tighten the slipper enough, so it ends up way to loose.

I run rc4wd trex60 axles and have had to replace the xvd's far to many times, and when they break I have had to replace them entirely. I also run a stock axial scx10 tranny. I am hoping to replace the axles and run a tranny with no slipper. I want to have a "weak point" on the cvd/xvd and be able to just replace the pins when they break. Does anyone have some recommendations for axles with not so pricey cvd's and a exceptional steering angle. Possibly more beefy pins? Or any thoughts in general on my situation?

Thanks for the read!
OKT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axle problems and suggestions

Depending on your esc you can cut back the punch and turn on ramping breaking to save the drive train. Alternatively robinson racing makes the gen 3 slipper clutch that is beefier. Takes some time to break in but it's Basicaly made from real break pad material.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:49 AM   #3

Yea that would work if its strong enough. I'll give it a go. Any suggestions for axles with good steering angle scx10 width. Preferably alu.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:41 AM   #4

I have two Luses. one sits on scx1 axles and the other on scx2 axles. both with brushless 21.5 Novak / Roc 2300 with no Problems.
66Bullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

the og scx10 axles with the xr mod using axial universals is probably the strongest set up i say probably cause the scx10 ii axles also uses the same basic universal joint style shafts out of the box and have way more better options for knuckles and accesories im still not.sold on the gears yet but thats just me i havent eaten any yet so time will tell
ether set up sill be better in my opinion but ive never used rc4wd axles so i dont have anything to compair to ive just read there not very strong
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

My vote is Sxc10II axles. While there is nothing wrong with the og Scx10 axles, they are an old design and parts avalibility is starting to dry up. The 10II axles also have and advantage of being high pinion,(better driveshaft angles) and having better steering angle compared to the stock og's. They also have a much smaller pumpkin than the Og, and lower gear ratio.
I have beat the snot out of mine under my 10 lb Bronco including brushless power on 3s, and they are holding up without issue.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:56 AM   #7

Yea I think I'm gonna swap the axles over to scx10 axles. Not sure if I'll go for the extra speed axles and run a 4w steer of do the xr mod with the scx2 axles. I run a 4w steer set up now, but it's just for the steering angle, if I can get a good steering angle with the XR mod I might go for that. The I'll change out the slipper.
This is the slipper I'm looking at, is it the right one for the scx10 tranny?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/robinso...rp1557/p604972

I'll upload some pics of my rig when I get home Monday.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:57 AM   #8

https://www.amainhobbies.com/robinso...16139?v=402344 there is also this one.

Tags
axle, heavy rig, slipper clutch

Axle problems and suggestions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axle suggestions for narrow width. snowmanf General Crawlers 4 10-15-2010 05:54 PM
Slash Shock Cap Problems...Suggestions? txrenegade Non Crawler RC's 22 04-06-2009 02:16 PM
axle problems bigorange General Crawlers 31 03-08-2007 01:27 PM