Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Enduro Bronco bumper fitment help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2021, 09:28 AM   #1

Default Enduro Bronco bumper fitment help

can't raise the height of the body anymore at the rear as the body posts are at their maximum height. The front could go two holes higher but the truck is sitting about level now. I also like the ride height anyway.

What's the best way to mount these bumpers?

1. Some how fabricate a bumper drop down for the front and a bigger drop down and extension for the rear?

2. Somehow mount the bumpers directly to the bod?

3. Other? Something I've completely over looked? 😂

Also, is there a converter from square Traxxas bumper posts to round ones?

Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2021, 10:28 AM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Enduro Bronco bumper fitment help

Bumpers are always best mounted to frame. That way they act as armor, which they are. If just a light plastic bumper for looks, you could just glue it on the body I suppose. Certainly bending some metal to serve as a bumper mount is a good option. Should be able to do that with simple tools.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Know anyone with a 3D printer and the ability to draw parts?

I came across this same issue on my Enduro. I found SSD low-profile bumpers for the SCX-10ii that I really liked, but the mount would not work with the Enduro chassis. I drew up the bumper mount in Fusion 360 and printed it, easy-peasy.

If this is not an option, recommend finding an aluminum bumper mount for the Enduro, and modifying it to accept they Bronco bumper.

Here is what I did for my Enduro, the bumper starts on post #16:

GreatScott's Element Kit
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #4

I've actually recently bought a 3D printer and learning just the printing side of things. Harder than I expected!

I've yet to try any CAD software to design something but a drop down mount and slightly longer posts (and are round rather than Traxxas square).

It's suprising there isn't any off the shelf solutions.

If I could mount the body higher the bumpers would work, apart from been square posts and rear too short but then you end up with a silly looking jacked up body.

I like my truck bodies low and low suspension!

Any suggestions on a newbie friendly CAD software?

I'll also read your thread. Cheers.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:42 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka View Post
I've actually recently bought a 3D printer and learning just the printing side of things. Harder than I expected!
The learning curve is pretty steep, and can be a hobby all on its own. Knowing this, I basically dedicated about a month to just learning how to print. This also includes all of the research I did on the whole process.

Quote:
I've yet to try any CAD software to design something but a drop down mount and slightly longer posts (and are round rather than Traxxas square).

It's suprising there isn't any off the shelf solutions.
I have three big drawers with all different kinds of RC parts for problems like yours. I'd dig through the drawers to try to find a part that was close to what I needed, and modify it from there. Or I'd bend up some aluminum to make the part I needed. Now, I just design up and print what I need/want, and haven't needed to dig through those drawers at all. Now, the only time I use the aluminum is when I need to strengthen a part.

When you start doing custom mods, a lot of times there are not off-the-shelf solutions for what you are trying to do. That is just the nature of the hobby, that SSD bumper on my Enduro is a perfect example.

Quote:
Any suggestions on a newbie friendly CAD software?

I'll also read your thread. Cheers.
I like Fusion 360. It is free to us hobbyist, its powerful, and not terribly hard to learn. I have bought a couple of books on it, and took the time to do the lessons in them. I likely touch about 10-20% of this software's capability, but it does what I need it to do, and I normally learn something with every part I design.

I did splurge and buy good slicer software, I paid $150 for Simplify 3D, and it has been worth every penny. It automatically corrects a lot of the issues that other people have with Cura, and other free slicers.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumpers, enduro, trx4 bronco

Enduro Bronco bumper fitment help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perfect bumper fitment Exiwolfman Axial SCX10 II 2 02-13-2018 05:17 PM
Bumper Fitment Options Thread mobgma Traxxas TRX-4 37 09-07-2017 09:35 PM
SSD SCX10 Bumper Fitment OurJK Vaterra Ascender 2 07-15-2016 12:19 PM
Gelande winch bumper fitment? George014 Axial SCX-10 1 08-16-2012 08:37 AM
bronco body fitment question Gr00v3 General Crawlers 5 02-04-2008 06:19 PM