Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: cross rc experts please also im new

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2021, 07:23 PM   #21

Default Re: cross rc experts please also im new

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
"....So this will be my first RC car and probably last...... which is ok because I only want one...."

LOL.....If we all had a nickel for every time we each said this. Trust us, you'll be laughing at this too down the road a bit as you try to find room in your house for your "next" rig.
naw I tend to only get one of things that im interested in so im pretty confident that this will be my only truck and like i said if i want something different to play with i just grab one of my buddies 3 rc's '
Tinyfarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2021, 03:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I run a trx4, a couple capras, a bomber, sportsman and pro cars and I've had a pile of scx10.2s. I'm probably a bit of an axial fanboi but they make what I want and if they don't the aftermarket does.

You can do whatever you like, I've only been doing this for 35 years so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. I just gave you my hands on assessment and experience. It seems those that are into them really love them and tend to overlook/ignore or just plain deny issues. The skid plate and link mount setup is a huge one, so are the axle shafts & gears. The s-ocks are trash but that's not a big deal since they get replaced most of the time anyway
Wait in here you said the skid plate and link mount setup is a huge one? I think the skid plate is an improvement no .... I got the g2 traanny so i will stick with stock out of the gate and make sure it is setup properly to see how it holds up . i will have the steering limiters and i will sertup my end points properly so we shall see if I have all those problems.. But I would like to know what this skid plate problem is ?
Old 01-26-2021, 05:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinyfarts View Post

Here is my issues with other rc cars // the body is just a shell. I really like the detail of cross that no other brand has to my knowledge
the axial wraith I think it was kinda caught my eye but again hollow shell ..
You can buy a hard body shell for any model and customize.

Better to choose the best platform and then buy a hardbody you like for it in my view.

I went Axial scx10ii raw builders kit and then killer body lc70 hard body for my recent build. That way I have the detailed body I wanted plus proven base with loads of after market support.
SkidderUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:01 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

If you're only planning on ever buying one get a vanquish vs4-10 pro or ultra. This is the best kit on the market as far as durability, capability, and scale looks go. The Cross-RC stuff looks good, but it's going to be a lot to keep up with and parts are harder to come across than the other mainstream brands. Buy once, cry once.
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:09 AM   #25
RCC Addict

from what I gather he already bought it. I think he's looking for affirmation that he made a good choice, not reasons why he didn't lol.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:29 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
from what I gather he already bought it. I think he's looking for affirmation that he made a good choice, not reasons why he didn't lol.
BIG oof
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Ah missed that, fair enough.
SkidderUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismotuningrocks View Post
If you're only planning on ever buying one get a vanquish vs4-10 pro or ultra. This is the best kit on the market as far as durability, capability, and scale looks go. The Cross-RC stuff looks good, but it's going to be a lot to keep up with and parts are harder to come across than the other mainstream brands. Buy once, cry once.

I saw the vanquish .. I really dont like the look of it arent those the ones that kinda look like a g wagon ?
Old 01-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidderUK View Post
You can buy a hard body shell for any model and customize.

Better to choose the best platform and then buy a hardbody you like for it in my view.

I went Axial scx10ii raw builders kit and then killer body lc70 hard body for my recent build. That way I have the detailed body I wanted plus proven base with loads of after market support.
do you have any pictures? of this axial scx10ii with hard body on it ?
Old 01-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #30

Quote:

umm not once did i ask if i made a good choice I was asking questions about it but ppl decide to come in here and constantly tell me ive made the wrong choice instead of ansering my questions .. like the answer to what kind of tires should i get should not be this rc sucks get an axial or trx4, I also have not bought it yet I have my cart ready they are not in stock at the moment though
Old 01-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
umm not once did i ask if i made a good choice I was asking questions about it but ppl decide to come in here and constantly tell me ive made the wrong choice instead of ansering my questions .. like the answer to what kind of tires should i get should not be this rc sucks get an axial or trx4, I also have not bought it yet I have my cart ready they are not in stock at the moment though
My bad, made some assumptions. Usually when someone gets fairly defensive over criticism it is related to a desire to be affirmed/right/those kinds of things.

You did ask some very basic/pointed questions at the beginning (a few that could be answered with some thread digging) but I can answer a few of them with opinion/assumption/fact jumbled together lol:

1. why does he have dual shocks? So it looks more fancy. You want to dampen movement, not cause it to cease altogether.
2. how is the rear frame metal? or is that paint. paint over metal. unless you mean the bed cage thing, that is plastic
3. the wheel hex nuts are they wheel spacers to widen the stance? I was wondering when I saw them for sale also then I seen them on this guys build yes those are wider wheel hexes. I run them on both of my rigs. Downside is they come loose a lot and I've bent the pins several times on the 3s rig. Upside is stance is cool.
Here they are for sale https://www.crossrc.us/shop/sg-4-sr-4-hex-hub-4-count/
4. skidplate looks aftermarket it is

Now the cpl question I have left are
RC4wd mudslingers VS SS boggers Boggers if you are into scale, the mudslingers are not as scale. Personally I'd skip both and go with 1.9 Interco TSLs
I will be mostly rocks and streams not as much mud but will see some . generally ill be doing everything with it but again im set on the look. They actually suck in mud even though they are sold as a mud tire, unless you cut some of the lugs out. They get packed and turn into glorified drag slicks. But they do shine on rocks with the right foam.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
To me, from an outsider, they are just trying to help you buy a good truck. You can build an SCX10ii or Trail King for right at the same price which is not only full of aftermarket support, but a proven platform. I'm not saying the Cross RC sucks, but rather saying, why not get a proven platform?

Not sure if that $549.99 price is RTR or kit, but willing to guess it's a kit just by judging off of other Cross RC prices. That's a pretty pricey kit IMO.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 01-26-2021 at 01:27 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:26 PM   #33
RCC Addict

How are you an outsider SLN? You are a forum member with an opinion. Makes you an insider I think lol.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
How are you an outsider SLN? You are a forum member with an opinion. Makes you an insider I think lol.
I say that because I have no experience with Cross RC.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #35
RCC Addict

I think only a handful in this thread do, which makes it even more amusing.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:35 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It really does
Old 01-26-2021, 01:37 PM   #37

Quote:
My bad, made some assumptions. Usually when someone gets fairly defensive over criticism it is related to a desire to be affirmed/right/those kinds of things.

You did ask some very basic/pointed questions at the beginning (a few that could be answered with some thread digging) but I can answer a few of them with opinion/assumption/fact jumbled together lol:

1. why does he have dual shocks? So it looks more fancy. You want to dampen movement, not cause it to cease altogether.
2. how is the rear frame metal? or is that paint. paint over metal. unless you mean the bed cage thing, that is plastic
3. the wheel hex nuts are they wheel spacers to widen the stance? I was wondering when I saw them for sale also then I seen them on this guys build yes those are wider wheel hexes. I run them on both of my rigs. Downside is they come loose a lot and I've bent the pins several times on the 3s rig. Upside is stance is cool.
Here they are for sale https://www.crossrc.us/shop/sg-4-sr-4-hex-hub-4-count/
4. skidplate looks aftermarket it is

Now the cpl question I have left are
RC4wd mudslingers VS SS boggers Boggers if you are into scale, the mudslingers are not as scale. Personally I'd skip both and go with 1.9 Interco TSLs
I will be mostly rocks and streams not as much mud but will see some . generally ill be doing everything with it but again im set on the look. They actually suck in mud even though they are sold as a mud tire, unless you cut some of the lugs out. They get packed and turn into glorified drag slicks. But they do shine on rocks with the right foam.

yes by the time my thread was posted i had found most of those answers elsewhere but i could do no digging as i was not fully approved on the forum so I got most of my answers from bcrcgaming or aussy rc
And with the tires I could see that it kinda happens on my YJ too gotta get those girls spinning to keep the treads clear and thats probably not a good thing on rc I could see that. Thanks for the feedback no matter how much i look at the axail wraith or the traxxas that stuff just seems cheap to me . my friend has a traxxas and is contantly breaking stuff so much so he doesnt even play with his rc's anymore ,, plus I always have the weird off/high priced taste
Old 01-26-2021, 01:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
To me, from an outsider, they are just trying to help you buy a good truck. You can build an SCX10ii or Trail King for right at the same price which is not only full of aftermarket support, but a proven platform. I'm not saying the Cross RC sucks, but rather saying, why not get a proven platform?

Not sure if that $549.99 price is RTR or kit, but willing to guess it's a kit just by judging off of other Cross RC prices. That's a pretty pricey kit IMO.

549 is kit because im new to the hobby and literally need everything ie kit , esc/ servo .. and i live in the middle of nowhere so i need doubles to minimize downtime . my initail kit quote is something like 1k CAD .. then another 200 for batts charger and transmitter
Old 01-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
549 is kit because im new to the hobby and literally need everything ie kit , esc/ servo .. and i live in the middle of nowhere so i need doubles to minimize downtime . my initail kit quote is something like 1k CAD .. then another 200 for batts charger and transmitter
You lost me. You are spending $549 on a kit because you are new to the hobby? I've been in the hobby for years and have never spent that much on a chassis kit. I'd take that money and get a VS4-10 or build something.

Don't really understand?
Old 01-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Wait in here you said the skid plate and link mount setup is a huge one? I think the skid plate is an improvement no .... I got the g2 traanny so i will stick with stock out of the gate and make sure it is setup properly to see how it holds up . i will have the steering limiters and i will sertup my end points properly so we shall see if I have all those problems.. But I would like to know what this skid plate problem is ?

The G2 skid at least keeps the tabs from bending and catching on everything but the geometry is still absolutely terrible. Vertical separation is important at the axle and chassis.

Quote:
Indeed, lots of people have opinions and few have real experience. I have both but my experience isn't a positive one because I've grown accustomed to rigs that trend towards performance and durability vs looks and scale.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

cross rc experts please also im new - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need the help of the Yeti Experts.... BlownChevelle Axial Yeti 6 07-10-2015 11:53 AM
one more question for the experts JIMMYBOB General Crawlers 22 01-09-2007 04:46 PM
Any servo experts here????? Ren92 General Crawlers 10 03-23-2004 08:31 AM