These last few years have gone so fast,
I feel like I haven't gone too far,
Any funding I get just don't last,
I have an addiction to feed,
It's not crack, speed or weed,
It's the burning desire
A bigass fire
To build a truck for me.

I can't afford the $20 for a star due to my low income and high insurance bill. Diesel for my car is also a high price to pay. Here is a funny(I guess if you call acidtrip art funny) picture i did in MSpaint.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I'll take anything, but I'd really like the Nigeria money because this beast needs a new rearend (exploded the Dana 60 gear set through the cover):

Or a couple bucks to keep diesel in my old girl:
camel_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:25 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

I think I should win, because I have a AX-10 coming and a Da' Bull will look great with a Axial green color matching with the truck. Plus with my Mamba and Crawlmaster I should have a awesome comp-winning truck. Thanks for the chance.
CarbonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
Been here since 05 and never won anything?

Can you prove it. (yes I'm asking the impossible, I know)
I will have to sort through all the giveaways I have entered and post them for ya I guess!!! Would you want that in a PM or in this thread?
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #65

i dont have a star because i have no moneyright now mainly because i owe parents money and putting money into my truck. Right now anything sounds good because beggers can't be chosers.
Crazy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

I would take any thing.

axles or any thing for my ranger bulid or something to get my poor ranger..I dont have the cash to do crap with..Most of my money is goin towrd my s-dime and i am saving for school and to inshure my truck..
I will post a pic of a bronco i drew tomaro
mudhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

I would like to win your leftover parts. I am building some crawler's from scratch and every little piece helps. I deserve it because......

I was once a young boy that got into RC at the ripe age of 11. As an intelligent fifth grader, I decided that it was all about the buggy's and an RC10B2 was forever mine!!!
Much much later in life (6th grade), I decided that RC was for the dorks and that I was all about football. Sold all my gear and bought a pigskin. After being too fat and not fast enough, I decided I was too good for football. After searching for the next best thing and came across skateboarding. Well, after fully mastering skateboarding by my sophmore year of high school....

....I decided that it was time to find some other sport to dominate. So, I thought, snowboarders look like a bunch of pansy asses, I bet that is easy. So, after many years of training, I finally mastered the backcountry, and learned all of the secrets of how to not get caught in an avalanche....

.....and eventually tired of bitchslapping the locals at their own game. So, once again, I continued my life quest of total sport domination. This time I thought, If lame boy Travis Pastrana can backflip a dirtbike, than I should be able to do one while on my cell phone. So, after training as hard as physically possible for a superhuman like myself, I mastered the double backflip!!!

So, at just the young age of 21, I had mastered every sport that I had ever set out to.....except for one that I had left unfinished in middle school so many years ago........

Last edited by 4xFord; 10-24-2007 at 09:20 PM.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:44 AM   #68
RCC Addict

OK ... well I guess i'll be changing my post around a bit. I did like what I have, but for some reason I feel its going to be X'ed out.. LOL.

What I would like to win and why:

Well I currently have a Bender SW3 on order should be arriving today (oct 23rd), so I don't really need a SW3 chassis. However, if I had to pick something to win I think it would have to be the new TCS X-Trail chassis. Just finished reading through that thread and that is one amazing looking chassis. Why I would like to win it, well so I can be among the first bunch of guys in Canada to show off the chassis. It would be nice to showcase another great TCS product up here in the great white north ! eh !

a Joke:

How are women and tornadoes alike?
They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.

... ummmm I dunno. The only 1:1 rig that I own is my 2002 GMC Sonoma and my r/c crawler is in pieces. I do have some photos of my Futaba Fx10 however

I should post that for all the kiddies on here .... lol.

Last edited by Nerve; 10-24-2007 at 07:03 AM. Reason: changed what i wrote...
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #69
RCC Addict

How about a cool picture that I took all by myself?

PaulEZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #70
RCC Addict

i would like a star here is my short poem why i do not have one, thanks for the chance!

An original poem by Brandon Wilcox (noob_superman on rccrawler.com)

"i did not buy a star
cause i would rather buy a car
all my money is better spent
not on the stupid internet"
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #71

Default i would like a star

i also would want a star and heres my short story why you should buy me one.

well once apone a time there was a yound lad called max (thats me :-P) who lived in jolly old england, at the young age a 16 he had no job, no money (not even enough for a star :-() and a crappy rig. one day max logged onto rccrawler.com and stumbled across this thread were Double J was giving away free stars and junk young max's face lite up with a chance of winning a shiny star and entered hoping that Double J would pick him.... The End

well there you go thats my story and its a true one you know
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

I had something here about wanting another crawler for my kids... but I'd like to remove myself.

I'd like something to go to Trikster. If its a random # thing.. send it to him.

He was a huge help to me when I started here and it sucks what happened to him
Attached Images

Last edited by gstealer; 10-23-2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Remove myself from the contest basically
gstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:57 PM   #73
RCC Addict

If I was to choose something to win, I would choose a tuber (love the Scorpion tuber like JIA's) to go with my TLT axles.

Since you gave an option of a sad story... My apartment burnt down last month. There was not one fire, but TWO over two days. Ended up gutting 4 units and severly smoke damaging 2 more, displacing a total of 6 families. I have not crawled since August, have a TLT kit at home, want to hit the rocks, don't have a frame/tuber... Only thing I have is a Tamiya F150 and one battery...

So this doesn't sound like a fake story, here is a link to proof. http://www.kcra.com/news/14056529/de...subid=10100243 Watch the video. I am trying to get the news footage of my interview...
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Da bull cause a have a spare TLT.

Sad story.
I set me crawler down by the car while loading up my stuff.
It had gotten wet during a trail run, but nothing out of the ordinary.
All of a sudden it started driving away, it went about 5 feet and was squashed by a truck (F-350). I was like WTF I had my head in the car loading equip. and turned around when I heard the crunch. There it was looking much like a squashed spider.......

I figure the on off switch got water in it and made contact.
Then it was just a matter of it deciding to run off and play in the street.

But on the upside it gives me an excuse to build a new one.
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Don't have a star yet. I got into RC and crawling about 4 months ago. I got a WK and chopped up aluminum and built a crawler.
I work with honey bees all summer for a living and it has been good to me until all our bees started dying. Colony collapse disorder it's called. Less bees means less honey means less money.
Long story short, winter"s gonna suck and gotta find something else soon. I was gonna get a star but it's tight now. Was gonna get a new chassis too or a tuber. Oh well. Maybe next year:-(
Aw hell I just found this site not too long ago and it's basically the only site I'm on besides ORCRC. Gotta get a star soon anyway or I'll feel guilty. Not that much!
Anything cool would be cool
solomon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #76

I would like to win something... well, because who he heck doesn't?
CorneLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

This is great.... OK being as no one has asked fot the 3oz wheel weights or stickers, hell even the $5-$10 dollars would be worth it you can count me in .

As for the star, mailed my payment in and waiting for Jason to say he received it. I don't have any of your products, but a great deal of your advice from all the reading I've done. Still having issues posting pics, and my 3yr old daughter draws better than I do unless you count stick people. As for a funny joke or story,

There once was a man from Nantuckit,
Who's ......................

Wait, may not bet the cleanest story to tell.

All-in-all thanks for involving the non-star members .

Last edited by jagg; 10-22-2007 at 05:16 PM.
jagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

well here is a sad story

I HAVE NEVER EVEN OWNED A PRODUCT OTHER then one servo! :-(

i just traded my scalers for onroad cars
and i would like to get a new chassis either scale or comp dont matter to me

but the bnib tlt needs to be used!!!

Thanks for the chance
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

hey DJ... i think it would be great to win due to the fact that i dont have any of your products.... so anything would be awesome...

oh and i live in a van down by the river..!!! (chris farley:SNL)
LOL

thanks double J
blakeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #80
Rock Stacker

i need a trailbeater so i can put my scale detail skills to the test. need to build a scaler! wwii style. hook it up! thanks!

Last edited by zukmike; 02-29-2008 at 08:15 AM.
zukmike is offline   Reply With Quote