Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GIVE AWAY "What the Heck"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 01:43 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post

THIS IS OPEN TO EVERYONE... BUT non Star holding members need to post a SHORT story or poem to why they do not have a star, if you do anything else your post will be deleted.
A SHORT story here might be awful hard, but I'll try. THIS is why I'm not a star-holding member.

My parents are both handicapped. Mom is in much worse health than dad, (her doctors say she doesn't have much longer.) and they need help to do, well, anything. Six months ago my folks, my wife, and I all bought a house together in the hopes that paying one set of bills would be cheaper than two, plus rent. (We were wrong)

Two years ago, I quit my job as an ASE-certified auto tech to take over my mom's job in the family insurance business, because NO ONE else in the family knows how to run a computer.

I make $150 a week working there, because that's all they can afford to pay me. I do some mechanic work on the side and whatever odd jobs I can find, but that never amounts to much, $50 here and there, at most.

My Wife has no job, because she stays home to take care of our two daughters, Etania and Elaina, and my mom and Dad when I'm not around. (We just had Elaina, a little over a month ago.)

I've managed to build my crawler on what little is left from my week's pay after the kids have all the stuff they need, the cars and Dog have been fed, and my Wife's needs have been taken care of. (If it weren't for her, I wouldn't even HAVE a crawler. She got me my WK as a father's day present, took three months to pay it off on lay-away at the LHS)

If there's something I want/need, I usually just go without. (I've been shaving with the same Disposable razor for Six months.)

So to pay for a star here is just, well, at the bottom of my list, if ya know what I mean.

Now, on to the rest of it:

Tell me what you would like to win and why:
I'd like a trail beater chassis, since I can't afford one, and because the stock Wheely King chassis is a complete piece of for crawling. It wil be going under THIS!

My AMC Gremlin Trail Rig!!!!

Why you deserve to win:

Because I've never won anything off this site (or anywhere else, for that matter, other than a few show trophies for my static models)

And PROVE it:

I don't have a star, therefore I can't enter any of the giveaways here?

A spectacular picture of your rig, 1:1 or other.

Ask and Ye Shall receive:
My Big Bad Blue 1969 AMC Javelin SST, 390, 400hp, 475 lb. ft. 70,000 original miles. One of 497 Built in this color, Just a little over 100 still known to exist. There isn't a Mustang in 50 miles that'll race me in this anymore. I'm really praying that something happens soon so I don't have to sell it.

My '62 Chevy 1/2-ton Longbox project, 283, Duntov Cam, 650 Double-pumper, 3-on-the-tree, someday it'll be Chopped 4", Channeled, flamed over black primer, have suicide doors, flamethrower exhaust, and an old Coors Keg in the bed for a gas tank.

My dad's '77 Lincoln Continental, "The Pimpmobile" that I built for him five years ago. 460 Big Block, Lowered, 2000-watt stereo, color-change sparkle window tint, side trim shaved, Underglow Neon (red). (Keep in mind my dad is 62 years old, is an old hippie, wears a Cowboy hat and boots, has long hair down to the middle of his back, and just generally looks like Kid Rock... 40 years later. he drives around in this thing blasting Hank Williams Music at full volume.)

A Funny story:

Can't think of a story right now, but how's this:

This sticker is stuck to the glovebox door of my '62 Chevy:

okay, that's all I got. I hope this was enough to win me a trail beater. But if Not, I'd gladly accept a Green star.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2007, 02:46 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I would love to win any of your custom "DoubleJ" chassis,cause they look and perform well.
BaddClod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:15 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

I would like something for free to help me get more people in my area crawling, So far there is me. I do manage to come first in every comp tho!! Comps that I set myself and judge myself,lol
Probably not gonna win but "What the Heck"

Give it away double J
littleskull99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:28 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

I would like a star.

Twinkle twinkle little star how i wonder where you are up above in this thread so high everyone has one why dont I?

why cause i dont have one and well i dont know what else to say except everyone else has one.

JOke:Q. HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY?

A. "You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming."

Last edited by chev12olet; 10-20-2007 at 04:32 AM.
chev12olet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

JJ,
I would take the Trailbeater...because I don't have one????
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Talking

I wish, I wish I had a star. Not a pickle from a jar. Or perhaps a nice new chassis. No more Nylint, somethin' classy!
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

My favorite picture of my Super:

SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

I need a star,
becuase I spent all my money on my RC car,
Now I am broke,
and this really isn't a joke,
So help me out and get me a star,
This way I can continue to spend money on my rc car.
curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Hmm what do I really need? I need a chassis that will destroy the other drivers in Las Vegas. I would want some equipment to help step up the game of the sincity rc crawlers and promote the sport in LV. I'm building a 2.2 TLT and will start on a scaler 2.2 when I get more axles.
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Default Thanks for the chance

The reason I don't have a star is because I put all of my money into my rc's. As a freshman in high school there are many other "things" I could have spent my money on but I decided not to. I would love to support the forum but I need the money to finish my rc truck, and when I finish that I have to save my money so I can buy a real car next year when I turn 16.
I chose to show a picture of a car I drew that I am very proud of. I have loved mustangs as long as I can remember and I love drawing them. My plan is to go to school to be a car designer. My dream job would be designing cars for Ford. Thanks. I do not have a fancy scanner so I just took a picture of it with my camera. Sorry if I was just supposed to write a story and not put a picture in, but I was a little confused

Last edited by NoblesvilleKid; 10-20-2007 at 01:16 PM.
NoblesvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #51
RCC Addict

I want some turkey bacon becasue my wife says my colesterol and blood pressure is way too high for the good stuff!!!

Well maybe I deserve to win becasue I have four rigs and none of them are running right now, talk about sad!

Actually I'd love to have anything cool for my FJ scaler that I just can't seem to finish:

Oh no, not another FJ....
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

I'd take anything cuz I've never won any thing. I have a TLT that could use a new chassis to try out though.
RaleighRCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Well, Double J, if I were to win (haven't won anything yet), I would pick the left over parts. I am sure even your left overs would make my crawler crawl better!! I am out of jokes that wouldn't be be deleted on here! I can't draw. And my wife won't let me use the digital camera. Never the less win or lose you and your hard work rock and I am greatfull for all you do for this site and our hobby.
navycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #54
Trying to have Fun Again

Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #55
RCC Addict

I could use any left over parts because I haven't had a real crawler yet, only because no one will hire a kid to work..and my parents have a hard time paying the bills (have like 50.00 left when its all said and done) and whatever I get usually goes into my beater truck or fourwheeler for racing..So I want to build a real crawler, not a nylint. I only have a tube frame and revolver and it's taken me almost a year to get them :-(

please help!!

Last edited by trickedoutTLT06; 10-20-2007 at 07:00 PM.
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

I need to win, I need something to get me started on a new crawler...the wife and I are expecting a new crawler early December and I've got to get started on building him(yes it's a boy) his own crawler...maybe, just maybe if I get started on something now I might have it dialed in by the time he's old enough to start crawling!

Oh ya, and thanks for the chance Double J!!!
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #57

OK well as for one of your products, I have a Vertical Smile Chassi I bought used. And so far it's great(havn't finished it yet) And as for another one of your products I'm already looking into building another Crawler when this one is done, so my son and I can crawl togeather.

Now on to why I don't have a star yet, see Just be for I got on this sight, I took anew job for better money. Well that only lasted for about 6 weeks than I got let go. So now I'm on Unenjoyment do to there not being vary many jobs here in Michigan. I tryed to better my faimly and ended up going the wrong way. So I'm unemployed and trying to do my best to keep from loosing my mind. And building RC's keeps my mind busy. Even though I don't have the funds to invest into it. I'm a machinist by trade so I tend to build alot of my own stuff. Well here is a pic of my on going prodject..

nick_n_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Well I want to win anything to help me along in this fun crawling scene. That way I have more money to fix my 1:1 and get to some sweet RC crawling spots!

This is when I rolled it a few years ago. Thats all fixxed but I got to fix the track bar bracket and gusset the front axle.
Doodoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #59

I would like to win a trail beater so I can build a scale rig similar to my 1:1. I think I deserve to win because I rarely win anything and it would be awesome to finally win something for a chance. Here is a pic of my '84 Ex-military Blazer:
Attached Images

blasterak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Why not? A comp tuber, (stinkbug) would be nice, just because I don't feel like buying a chassis for my upcoming 2.2 build.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote