Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RC Rock Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #41
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
I'm not a fan, though I bet SEMA likes it. Rock Racing makes for lots of broken parts. The other thing that is horribly wrong with it is it gives the idea that doing that on the trail is OK. When it is definitely not. If younger guys getting into the sport start doing that on the trail then the trails WILL BE CLOSED. Once a trail is closed the chances for it to be opened again are pretty much 1 in a million. I'm guessing you guys are involved in the fight to keep trails open. Here in the west we are fighting to keep trails open. The Rubicon is in danger of being closed along with numerous other not so famous trails. The liberals out here are just going nuts sueing countys to close trails. The Rubicon is in danger because of people with no respect for the environment and parties at Little Sluice. People go up there wheel into the sluice box and stay for 3-4 days. Leaving there trash and shit literally everywhere. Thats what caused the closure last season. With so many people not packing out what they pack in it leaves a mess that the greenies just love to see. At the last FOTR meeting I went to they talked about education. How can you educate people in an individual setting. There's no way. So the solution they came up with is CLOSURE. it's way cheaper to put up a gate than spending millions trying to teach a bunch of drunks with too much money for gas & beer. Sorry I'm rambling but I want to bring my son out there when he's older and teach him the right way and if people get the wrong impression about wheeling and start doing it without respect that won't happen.

I agree 100% with ya. I don't care for the rock racing in 1:1. It just gives bad rap for the everyday common wheelers like you and me. People see it on T.V. and say "damn those guys are nuts,they flat out tear shit up, the rigs and trails . I don't like it but I can't help to think this "rock racing" WILL eventually cause several trail closures nation wide. Even if the comps are on privately owned land,it still gives bad rap for the common wheelers.

In the RC scale of it though,I see no harm in doing burnouts in the weeds,rocks and piles of playsand you buy at home depot in the backyard coarses. Everyone knows you can do a burnout on a weed all day long with your RC and you WILL NOT KILL IT. The good Lord knows I can't even kill them with "weed killer" from home depot. You might tear the leafs up a little but they'll grow back in a day or two. You might be able to create a small rut or two in the dirt on your coarse but it ain't even close enough to even worry about createing a land slide or anything,just hit it with a small wrake once or twice and your good as new. The playsand,well,you might disperse it around enough to make it disapeare eventually. When it's dry the wind will blow it away and when it's wet the rain will wash it away so whats the difference,it will get gone anywho.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
I agree 100% with ya. I don't care for the rock racing in 1:1. It just gives bad rap for the everyday common wheelers like you and me. People see it on T.V. and say "damn those guys are nuts,they flat out tear shit up, the rigs and trails . I don't like it but I can't help to think this "rock racing" WILL eventually cause several trail closures nation wide. Even if the comps are on privately owned land,it still gives bad rap for the common wheelers.

In the RC scale of it though,I see no harm in doing burnouts in the weeds,rocks and piles of playsand you buy at home depot in the backyard coarses. Everyone knows you can do a burnout on a weed all day long with your RC and you WILL NOT KILL IT. The good Lord knows I can't even kill them with "weed killer" from home depot. You might tear the leafs up a little but they'll grow back in a day or two. You might be able to create a small rut or two in the dirt on your coarse but it ain't even close enough to even worry about createing a land slide or anything,just hit it with a small wrake once or twice and your good as new. The playsand,well,you might disperse it around enough to make it disapeare eventually. When it's dry the wind will blow it away and when it's wet the rain will wash it away so whats the difference,it will get gone anywho.
that's like saying monster truck rallys make people drive over cars in their lifted F250s
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_J
that's like saying monster truck rallys make people drive over cars in their lifted F250s

Thats actually true. I've seen plenty of burned out, stolen cars out on the trails and people trying to crawl over them.
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamF
Thats actually true. I've seen plenty of burned out, stolen cars out on the trails and people trying to crawl over them.
that IS true I've done it well tried. I just pushed the car.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Yous guys are funny as shit>>:smile:
lukedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

whats funny about keeping trails open? I just don't want a bunch of assholes ****ing it up for the responsible 4 wheelers. If you want to hall ass offroad race baja or keep it on the course. Bottomline
Old 05-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #47
RSI
Rock Crawler

hey man this is about copying them with rc's o i dont think you have to worry about us ruining your little trails....
RSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:52 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

Default Rckjeep

Thanks for putting into better words what I was trying to say earlier. Anyone heard of "Tread Lightly?" We are fighting down here in Tucson to keep the Charaleau Gap trail open(which is one of Arizonas more popular trail), but we keep having full throttle drunk morons going through and trashing up the place. It has been closed once before and we were luckey to get it opened up again thanks to a lot of hard labor of some local clubs to fix the trail up again.

Thanks to the RC Sport we can do something like this without much damage to the environment and it can be fun. I think it will bring out more fabbing skills as people try to build an all-in-one vehicle that can handle slow crawling as well as speed, but seeing that video made me feel kind of queezy inside seeing large boulders tumbling out of the way. By the way, how did they pull this race off in California?
ECAMERON87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECAMERON87
By the way, how did they pull this race off in California?
The video I posted was in Utah, on privately owned land.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:51 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes it was on Avalanche Ranch owned by Steve Rumore but it could still give 4 wheelers a bad rap. But if there's a place to do it, it's on private land on a course. NO WHERE ELSE.

ECAMERON87
Wow I can't believe you guys got the trail reopened. that never happens here. The Rubicon closure was never meant to be permanant but after it closed trail use dropped which is good. But this year is a different story. Only time will tell. Hopefully the 12 feet of snow will deture some people right up to but not the weekend of the rig count.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
so why don't we try and get people to stop watching monster trucks? this probably has just as much impact on trail closures.

besides, my clod wieghs 10lbs. it's not like we;re trying to start up a 1:1 rock racing course. lets stick to RCs in the Tech section
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #52
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Oops, I was talking about the first video. It was in Colorado, not California. My bad
Old 05-13-2005, 12:13 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Yes it was on Avalanche Ranch owned by Steve Rumore .
No, the video I posted was at Area BFE in Moab Utah, owned by Jeremy Parriott and 7 others.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:

besides, my clod wieghs 10lbs. it's not like we;re trying to start up a 1:1 rock racing course. lets stick to RCs in the Tech section

I agree.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

Quote:
No, the video I posted was at Area BFE in Moab Utah, owned by Jeremy Parriott and 7 others.
I was referring to this one:

http://bfefilms.net/clips/rockrace.wmv

I thought it was California, then thought it was Colorado, but I'm sure you'll still say it is Utah. Either way I still stand corrected. Sorry!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:30 PM   #56
Rock Stacker

hell ill take a shot at it, y not. the only thing that can "break" is plastic and 5 bucks at the lhs or online. i will take a few vids and edit add some music and post it around the end of may . i like slw but with street racing and riding bikes, speedz just apart of me now.
AQTHF BIATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:02 AM   #57
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQTHF BIATCH
hell ill take a shot at it, y not. the only thing that can "break" is plastic and 5 bucks at the lhs or online. i will take a few vids and edit add some music and post it around the end of may . i like slw but with street racing and riding bikes, speedz just apart of me now.

well you need to reload, cause your shot missed you can break more things than just plastic
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

AQTHF BIATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #59
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:

No,it's not,your not getting my point. These "rock racing" rigs ARE on the same scale and,to the general public,look just like most trail rigs they see being trailored all over the country everyday. If Joe Shmoe down the street see's this rock racing on T.V. and sees the destruction they are doing,he's going to assume that most of these trail rigs being trailored around are or will do the same damage every weekend. Do they??????NO,you,me and all the fellow wheelers out there know better that we don't and rock racing is on private land. It's the general public that doesn't know thats voting to close the trails.

Compairing my Toyota to the Grave Digger,thats CRAZY. Everyone,even the dumbest individiual out there,can tell the difference and knows these "monster truck" rallys are held in arena's and are not hurting the mountains they go hikeing or camping on.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote