Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Opinions on new ride choice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Opinions on new ride choice.

Hey guys looking for first hand experience of a few vehicles and which would be better for durablity on the trails. My choices of vehicles are the axial wraith which I have owned one previously and enjoyed pretty good, axial honcho, vaterra ascender blazer, rc4wd trail finder 2.
EMUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Opinions on new ride choice.

In my opinion, grab something axial. The wraith or scx10 will both treat you fine, and have the biggest chance of anywhere actually stocking replacement parts. Out of the box durability kind of sucks on my TF2, And any other parts for it have to come off the internet. For what I use it for I wish I would have just bought a 2 speed for the scx, and called it done.
twofastoocatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the opinion and advice. I right now am leaning toward the vaterra blazer. Have you had any hands on with a vaterra?
Old 11-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

No, and not a lot of people have. They're quite new yet and haven't had time to be "proven". If you're only looking for reinforcement on your own opinion, I can't help you there. But if you want the most run time, least down time, and best aftermarket support out of probably any crawler, it's gotta be an axial. Not taking anything away from vaterra, but I'd highly doubt if you broke a steering knuckle, or drive shaft, you'd be able to get parts for it the same day. I know if I break anything on my wraith, there's 2 hobby shops in town that carry parts for axial. Honestly I wouldn't have bought my TF2 had I have realized I'd be waiting up to 2 weeks for parts out of the states, every time something breaks.
twofastoocatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #5
RCC Addict

One more vote for Axial. Pick up a Power Wagon or other scx10. I got a used Honcho and can't get enough of it. I've owned all kinds of rc types and brands over the last 25 years and can honestly say that this is my favorite to date!

Sent from the outer limits using alien technology
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

For out of the box durabilty its hard to beat axial. I also have 2 TF2's and a Gelande2 and both have also been relatively trouble free, but they are not what i would consider a basher. They are more scale, hard bodied, and all metal parts.

I would say a poison spider wraith, or the new wraith with the whole body on it. For SCX10's I would go with the g6 or deadbolt. The powerwagon looks too much like a cheap basic lexan shell IMO.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I have decided on a wraith now I have owned one before and like stated parts are available basically any time needed. One question to go rear steer on a wraith can I keep the rear and just change the tubes to steering knuckles and chubs?
Old 11-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMUTT View Post
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I have decided on a wraith now I have owned one before and like stated parts are available basically any time needed. One question to go rear steer on a wraith can I keep the rear and just change the tubes to steering knuckles and chubs?
For rear steer you would need the dogbones and stubs, or universals, as the wraith has straight rear axle shafts. You would also need the, bearings, c-hubs, knuckles, steering links, a servo mount, a servo, and a servo spliter. Plus a controller that can change the type of rear steer if desired. I personally wouldnt bother with rear steer. Its not needed and not sure if its legal if you wanted to run in any events. I would spend the money on upgrades instead.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #9

scx 10&Axial are the best, i really want to get a wraith, have been thinking about the blue poison sypder one. i have a couple scx10s tho and they are practical indestructible stock they just need metal links and servo upgrading if you like to get crazy, if you are smart and take it easy you probably dont even need upgrades, and they really dont break.
Deathsycthe02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Opinions on new ride choice. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LR3 Ride height photo check - opinions needed! Arctic Fire Axial SCX-10 14 12-24-2011 05:52 AM
A better choice ?? luv2ridemx Electronics 3 04-09-2011 03:35 PM
Best choice of the three? CarbonShadow Axial AX-10 Scorpion 25 06-12-2008 11:05 AM
Best Choice??? BWhittier1 Electronics 11 02-19-2008 06:05 PM
Tx Rx of Choice chivas72 Electronics 1 01-04-2007 03:07 PM