Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Adventures with Associated's CR-12...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #101

Default Re: Adventures with Associated's CR-12...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulchman View Post
Mr Highplainesdrifter. Could you please measure the axle width from outside hex to outside hex please sir?
I have a scale build that I'm trying to find the right rig to start with.
Again thanks for any and all help.
Wayne Phillips.
I have the Thunder Tiger Hilux version and the measurement from outer hex to outer hex is approx 155mm. Guessing it has the same width hexes as the CR12...
rustymidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2021, 10:56 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Rustymidget thank you sir for the info. That is too wide for what I need. My hard body I'm using has a 7.75 inch wheelbase and is 4.75 inches at the widest part of the body.
Again thanks for the help sir.
mulchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

That's going to be an interesting one to try and find, your almost down into the 1\24 scale stuff which is around 4" wide I think. You might be around dimensions of the WPL trucks (hilux, FJ40 etc) but you would have to check as I don't have one to make sure.

On another note I got my Thunder Tiger Hilux today! looks great (ordered in black just in case and it has the better looking axles) and battery was charged enough to give it little indoor test. Very impressed at the price, is it a scx10 or trx4? Obviously not but it is way better than toy grade (some of which cost the same as this). I think I'm going to play with gearing a bit to slow it down and swap tires around for now and see how it does, then maybe shock upgrade down rd.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:18 AM   #104

Yeah, they are not bad out the box tbh, particularly at some of the prices you can get them for now - I paid about 110 gbp for mine, which I don't think is bad. I've done quite a few bits to mine to improve performance, like lowering battery position, making tie rod more rigid, trimming body to lower it to improve CoG etc, currently working on adapting some Kyosho 1/14 oil shocks to fit and going to make an ali servo mount to move the servo back in the chassis a bit. Also have a 390 to try at some point, but want to get all the chassis bits sorted first.
rustymidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
That's going to be an interesting one to try and find, your almost down into the 1\24 scale stuff which is around 4" wide I think. You might be around dimensions of the WPL trucks (hilux, FJ40 etc) but you would have to check as I don't have one to make sure.

On another note I got my Thunder Tiger Hilux today! looks great (ordered in black just in case and it has the better looking axles) and battery was charged enough to give it little indoor test. Very impressed at the price, is it a scx10 or trx4? Obviously not but it is way better than toy grade (some of which cost the same as this). I think I'm going to play with gearing a bit to slow it down and swap tires around for now and see how it does, then maybe shock upgrade down rd.
I purchased the blue one, couldn't pass it up. It has the updated axels but came with friction shocks where my Tioga came with oil shocks.

I will have to share my 4WS Tioga build with you guys. I built it up for my two year old. I have some ideas for the new Hilux as well.
Sprouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:14 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

@sprouty

If You’re lucky, the shocks are already the oil dampened ones, but without oil.
My c12’s both came with them. After disassembling I found-out all silicone o-rings and such were already in, even the compensation bladder in the top. I only had to add some 100wt shock-oil. Done.

Though, truth be told, the ‘fit’ of the o-rings was not very good on the older release. Had to put a tiny, thin extra spacer in the cartridge where the 2 o-rings sit around the shaft, to get the silicone rings to squeeze hard enough to be leak-free. But after that they were fine. Still don’t leak after several packs through it.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote

Adventures with Associated's CR-12... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My RR-10 adventures Zka17 Axial RR10 Bomber 32 05-23-2021 03:51 PM
Team Associated's ESS-One Engine Sound System JatoTheRipper Electronics 24 10-12-2015 03:26 PM
The Adventures of the Three Amigos SilveradoTX Axial SCX-10 7 02-26-2015 04:05 PM
adventures ax10newguy Scale Videos! 1 03-16-2012 06:53 AM