Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Hawaii

Notices

Thread: Hawaii's Top Truck Challange

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #61
Rock Stacker

maybe i can run this in the 2.2 class...........

Team Kamakaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2010, 01:52 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
OK guys, you wanted it & here it is. We have been working hard on this & hope everyone comes out to join the fun. There will be 2 classes, street & trail. See the guidlines below.

The goal of this event is to bring SCALE rigs & have fun. This is not a USRCCA pro comp. Please keep that in mind.

Street Class

• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would " DRIVE " on the street or to the trail head
• 115mm / 4.5" max tire size with a max rim size of 1.9"
• No wheelbase limit- wheelbase must 'fit' vehicle concept/body.
• No max track width.
• You may modify any tire that is not on the banned list as long as it fits the CLASS that you intend to run it in. You may NOT combine two different style of tires to make one.
• You must run a complete body, including bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained, Fenders may be cut, or flat fendered, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. If you remove the tailgate, you must have a complete floor and drop bed. If you want to remove your doors, you must run a full interior.
• A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed is fine(rear fender and tailgate rules do not apply to tubed beds).
• No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all ! If you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
• No MOA axles of any kind.
• Single engine rigs only.
• Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
• Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
• Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You CANNOT mount the battery ON the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.

Trail Class

• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would " TRAILER " to the trail head
• 140mm / 5.5" max tire size with a max rim size of 2.2"You may run 1.9" if you choose.
• No wheelbase maximum- wheelbase must 'fit' truck concept/body.
• No max track width.
• You may modify any tire that is NOT on the banned list as long as it fits the CLASS that you intend to run it in. You may NOT combine two different style of tires to make one.
• You must run a complete body, including bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained, Fenders may be cut, or flat fendered, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the trail.
• A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed is fine(rear fender and tailgate rules do not apply to tubed beds).
• No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all ! If you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
• No MOA axles of any kind.
• Single engine rigs only.
• Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
• Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
• Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You CANNOT mount the battery ON the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.

" TUBERS " If you plan to run a tuber in EITHER class, here is what you need to know. It must have a full interior, 2 front seats SIDE BY SIDE, a dash, a steering wheel, a hood panel, a roof panel and a left and right side panel. If it is a jeep, it needs to resemble a jeep. The minimum size for the tubers is as follows:

Height 5 " , measured from bottom of skid pan to the roof top
Width 5 " , measured from the middle of the door bars, side to side
length, your chassis needs to be ATLEAST as long as your wheelbase, measured with the front tires pointed straight and the vehicle at rest.

NOTE: this does not apply if you have a truggy or back halfed truck with a conventional frame and cab.

BOTH CLASSES, NO COMP OR TVP CHASSIS, NO FRAME EXTENSIONS TO MAKE IT SCALE EITHER, PERIOD. THIS IS A SCALE EVENT GUYS. Example of these chassis are: SWX, J2-TT, GC-2, edge, eclipse, hustler, etc....

Banned Tire List: I think we should do this as none of there you'd see on the street. There is nothing close to them in the real world.

• Losi Claws and Comp Claws
• Imex red rocks, rubicons, truck pulls, skulls and bones
• Hot Bodies Rovers and Sedonas
• HPI Rock Grabbers
• All Panther Tires
• All Jconcepts Tires
• Full-width Mashers, narrowed are OK, no wider than 1.75".
• Pro-Line Chisels and Badlands
• RC4WD Rocklins, Crazy crawlers and X-locks
• Any on-road, buggy tires or truck racing type tire
• Non listed tires must be judged and we reserve the right to modify this list as new comp tires are released.
so to stop any confusion should we just say the MSD rules in the first post should be set on stone? as pertaining to "rum um hard's" post.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 AM   #63

thanks brandon , was just about to post that.......
garage5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamakaze View Post
maybe i can run this in the 2.2 class...........

the chassis looks like a TVP style so the truck wouldn't fit the rules. all scale and TTC rules i've seen call for frame rail style chassis.

Last edited by cutlaSS; 05-28-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #65

Question for gardge 5......

first im not here to rub anybody the wrong way, but when we made suggestions the rules changed. we made a lot of suggestions and we dont see anything that our suggestions was considered. i talked to several mainland groups and if you look at their rules, it is way more simple there ours. i have 4 of the top truck rules. especially the rules from orlando or oregon club. thats the videos everyone has been watching. and their rules are clean cut no changes. you said its guidelines, dont make guidelines make rules. that way it is set in stone with no changing. i feel that i guy that wants to 1.9 tires on 2.2 rims he should be classified by tire or rim size.

this is the rules from one of the mainland top truck clubs:

Heres how the guys from Nostr are going to run there Top Truck Challenge. Top Truck Challenge - Event and Rules
These rules are intended to create a scale class based on the 1:1 Top Truck Challenge competitions. You can see examples of these 1:1 trucks here (http://www.fourwheeler.com/eventcove...rse/index.html). Please keep these vehicles in mind when modifying or creating a truck for this event. If your vehicle does not resemble a truck from this category, you will stand a good chance of getting a DQ. Final approval of vehicles will be up to the event’s judge.

Vehicle Specifications

– Maximum rim diameter is 2.5” (Clod rim equivalent)

– Tire diameter is not limited but you must run the same set of tires for each event

– Chassis must be a replication of a 1:1 truck chassis. No competition style chassis’ will be permitted.

– Wheelbase is not limited but must resemble proportions from a 1:1 vehicle.

– Steel roll cages are REQUIRED. Roll cages must replicate the shape of a cab and must be constructed of steel.

– Interiors must have (2) seats and a dash board.

– Vehicles must be shaft driven via a single chassis mounted transmission. (Motor on axle setups will be disqualified)

– Rear steering and dig are both legal.

Events

Mud Bog

- Track dimensions are 5’ wide by 10’ long.
- Each vehicle will have 3 minutes to complete the track.
- Truck obtaining furthest distance from starting point will be the winner.
- If two or more vehicles complete the entire length of the track then the scoring will be determined by fastest completion time.
- Distance or time will be used to score remaining vehicles

Hill Climb

- Gate markers will be used to lay out a course. Gate marker spacing is 20”.
- 5 second penalty for hitting a gate marker. Gate markers are always live.
- Truck to make it furthest up the hill in 1 minute wins.
- Distance or time will be used to score remaining vehicles..
- If two or more trucks complete the hill then the fastest completion time will determine winner.

Obstacle Course

- Gate markers using 20” spacing will be used to create a course that uses jumps, hills, water crossings etc… Boundary markers can be used as needed.
- Fastest truck to complete the course wins.
- Time will be used to place remaining trucks.

Truck Pull

- Track dimensions are 5’ wide by 30’ long.
- Track can be flat or sloped.
- Each vehicle will be timed and have a 30 second time limit.
- Truck to pull trailer further from starting point will win.
- If two or more trucks pull entire track length time can be used to declare winner or a pull off can be done.
- Distance or time will be used to score remaining vehicles.

Tank Trap

- Technical course created using extreme off camber obstacles, elevation changes and the occasional water hole.
- Gate markers may be used to clarify course layout.
- 5 second time penalty for touching a gate marker.
- 5 minute time limit.
- Trucks exceeding 5 minutes receive 0 points.

Event Scoring

Each event will be scored separately. Following scores will be used based on each vehicle’s standings.

1st place – Amount of vehicles competing (IE, 14 trucks, 1st place gets 14pts)
2nd place thru remaining places – 1 point less than previous place

see the difference? i believe there should be rules but also make it so that everybody can play. i have a friend who has a scx10 that put a proline tube body on, but he has no skills to make full interior. this should be something to look at, because that is a person who really wants to play but will be excluded from the competition. i feel that is unfair. if you feel that i am wrong in this matter, please correct me. i met a lot of cool people and i am not here to offend anybody. but i am a person who voices my opinion. also see it from our point, we are trying to build trucks to this guidelines and the guidelines keep on changing. so you should make it set in stone and make it rules not guidelines.

thank you, hope to see everybody at aiea loop trail on saturday 9:00.
run um hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #66

Question for gardge 5......

first im not here to rub anybody the wrong way, but when we made suggestions the rules changed. we made a lot of suggestions and we dont see anything that our suggestions was considered. i talked to several mainland groups and if you look at their rules, it is way more simple there ours. i have 4 of the top truck rules. especially the rules from orlando or oregon club. thats the videos everyone has been watching. and their rules are clean cut no changes. you said its guidelines, dont make guidelines make rules. that way it is set in stone with no changing. i feel that a guy that wants to 1.9 tires on 2.2 rims he should be classified by tire or rim size.

this is the rules from one of the mainland top truck clubs:

Heres how the guys from Nostr are going to run there Top Truck Challenge. Top Truck Challenge - Event and Rules
These rules are intended to create a scale class based on the 1:1 Top Truck Challenge competitions. You can see examples of these 1:1 trucks here (http://www.fourwheeler.com/eventcove...rse/index.html). Please keep these vehicles in mind when modifying or creating a truck for this event. If your vehicle does not resemble a truck from this category, you will stand a good chance of getting a DQ. Final approval of vehicles will be up to the event’s judge.

Vehicle Specifications

– Maximum rim diameter is 2.5” (Clod rim equivalent)

– Tire diameter is not limited but you must run the same set of tires for each event

– Chassis must be a replication of a 1:1 truck chassis. No competition style chassis’ will be permitted.

– Wheelbase is not limited but must resemble proportions from a 1:1 vehicle.

– Steel roll cages are REQUIRED. Roll cages must replicate the shape of a cab and must be constructed of steel.

– Interiors must have (2) seats and a dash board.

– Vehicles must be shaft driven via a single chassis mounted transmission. (Motor on axle setups will be disqualified)

– Rear steering and dig are both legal.

Events

Mud Bog

- Track dimensions are 5’ wide by 10’ long.
- Each vehicle will have 3 minutes to complete the track.
- Truck obtaining furthest distance from starting point will be the winner.
- If two or more vehicles complete the entire length of the track then the scoring will be determined by fastest completion time.
- Distance or time will be used to score remaining vehicles

Hill Climb

- Gate markers will be used to lay out a course. Gate marker spacing is 20”.
- Truck to make it furthest up the hill in 1 minute wins.
- Distance or time will be used to score remaining vehicles..
- If two or more trucks complete the hill then the fastest completion time will determine winner.

Obstacle Course

- Gate markers using 20” spacing will be used to create a course that uses jumps, hills, water crossings etc… Boundary markers can be used as needed.
- Time will be used to place remaining trucks.

Truck Pull

- Track dimensions are 5’ wide by 30’ long.
- Track can be flat or sloped.
- Each vehicle will be timed and have a 30 second time limit.
- Truck to pull trailer further from starting point will win.
- If two or more trucks pull entire track length time can be used to declare winner or a pull off can be done.
- Distance or time will be used to score remaining vehicles.

Tank Trap

- Technical course created using extreme off camber obstacles, elevation changes and the occasional water hole.
- Gate markers may be used to clarify course layout.
- 5 second time penalty for touching a gate marker.
- 5 minute time limit.
- Trucks exceeding 5 minutes receive 0 points.

Event Scoring

Each event will be scored separately. Following scores will be used based on each vehicle’s standings.

1st place – Amount of vehicles competing (IE, 14 trucks, 1st place gets 14pts)
2nd place thru remaining places – 1 point less than previous place

see the difference? i believe there should be rules but also make it so that everybody can play. i have a friend who has a scx10 that put a proline tube body on, but he has no skills to make full interior. this should be something to look at, because that is a person who really wants to play but will be excluded from the competition. i feel that is unfair. if you feel that i am wrong in this matter, please correct me. i met a lot of cool people and i am not here to offend anybody. but i am a person who voices my opinion. also see it from our point, we are trying to build trucks to this guidelines and the guidelines keep on changing. so you should make it set in stone and make it rules not guidelines.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #67

for now we were using the MSD rules as a "guideline", untill the event is actually concrete.

let me know what is so difficult to understand about the MSD rules?
garage5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run um hard View Post
we made a lot of suggestions and we dont see anything that our suggestions was considered.

i feel that i guy that wants to 1.9 tires on 2.2 rims he should be classified by tire or rim size....

see the difference? i believe there should be rules but also make it so that everybody can play. i have a friend who has a scx10 that put a proline tube body on, but he has no skills to make full interior. this should be something to look at, because that is a person who really wants to play but will be excluded from the competition. i feel that is unfair..
Quote:
their rules are clean cut no changes. you said its guidelines, dont make guidelines make rules. that way it is set in stone with no changing.

also see it from our point, we are trying to build trucks to this guidelines and the guidelines keep on changing. so you should make it set in stone and make it rules not guidelines..
at first i was kinda confused but now i think i understand. sorry, i'm not the brightest braddah. although i'm not a "official" of the ttc, i see yor points and wouldn't mind having some flexibility in the rules in the interest of more participation. but i jus one moke who likes to talk jus to hear his own voice so i doubt i get "pull"

but no worry unko garage5 take care!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Glad you're voicing your opinion. I like that. That's how these things get hammered out.

As far as the rules I posted, they are fron the 2010 Axial MSD scale nationals. It is the current rules of the most prestigious event for scalers. I did take the liberty of deleting some things to make it easier for all of us. What I left is pobably what we are going to use. We said it was a guide line so that everyone could start building & have sone rules to follow & not be out of spec come event time.

You say you talked to the Oregon crew, well, Tim Hand, ORCRC member is the main person behind the rules written that we are using.

The NOSTR rules are basically the same. BUT they only will have 1 class regaurdless of wheel size.

For the people that can't build thier own interior? Have they even tried? OR are they just part of the RTR crowd? Axial sells an interior, so does some other companies.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
we made a lot of suggestions and we dont see anything that our suggestions was considered.
I have only seen 1, about 19 tires on 22 rims.

Quote:
i talked to several mainland groups and if you look at their rules, it is way more simple there ours.
What's so hard about ours?

Quote:
their rules are clean cut no changes. you said its guidelines, dont make guidelines make rules. that way it is set in stone with no changing.
What has changed since the first post?

Quote:
i feel that a guy that wants to 1.9 tires on 2.2 rims he should be classified by tire or rim size.
If you want to do that, that's fine. You'd be in the trail class(2.2).

Do you want this to be like all the TTC's around the country? We could do it like that also. 1 class. Now that little 1.9 some have is worthless against most of the 2.2's w/5.5" tires.

See when we first talked about this way up in the mountain, our goal was fun & inclusive. Being that this is the first one, we'll find a class for you to run, but you better not bring your berg or ax10
Old 05-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #71
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
the chassis looks like a TVP style so the truck wouldn't fit the rules. all scale and TTC rules i've seen call for frame rail style chassis.
ok.....i get another truck might fit that class.........
Old 05-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #72

do they sell wider 1.9 rims....... if not if i was 2 jimmy rig 1.9 2 make it wider will i be able 2 run it in da top truck challange because iam try 2 run a truck in both classes
army of one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

I don't see wider rims being a problem in either class
Old 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by army of one View Post
do they sell wider 1.9 rims....... if not if i was 2 jimmy rig 1.9 2 make it wider will i be able 2 run it in da top truck challange because iam try 2 run a truck in both classes
you probably could have one of the wheel vendors made you a wide set but would cost alot and take some time. aminal 4x4 had xtra wide 2.2s made so i would think 1.9 are possible. i forget wat company hesaidhe went through.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #75

thanks ....da reason i want 2 put a little wider rims is my scale 1.9 blazer is top havey dats y i put da 2.2 rims on 2 balence it out souds good
Old 05-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #76

Smile

Quote:
you probably could have one of the wheel vendors made you a wide set but would cost alot and take some time. aminal 4x4 had xtra wide 2.2s made so i would think 1.9 are possible. i forget wat company hesaidhe went through.

ill try and make a set...... shawn show us a set he made wider but i thank it was 2.2 and it looked good
Old 05-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by army of one View Post
thanks ....da reason i want 2 put a little wider rims is my scale 1.9 blazer is top havey dats y i put da 2.2 rims on 2 balence it out souds good
why not wide the track width? that will make the truck more stable than just widening the wheels.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #78
Rock Stacker

just run um hard......lol
Old 05-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #79

Quote:
why not wide the track width? that will make the truck more stable than just widening the wheels.
tryin 2 keep it da same width as da bodie dat would work but
Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #80

Default thanks you guys....

well if i ever met you guy ill tell, its little thing but youll then see why i got upset,i just want to see alot of trucks come out,i was thinking we shout make a out law class it will be foe the guys that is not spec ,they will not get points but still can play with us..you think that would be fair?couse i want to see if we can get the ttc on tv..or news but i will agree we need rules and ill will fallow them to the t...but i feel the crawling guy we met so far is really coolwell if i have any more questin now i know who to ask thank you for replying