Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2019, 02:48 AM   #381
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power!

Hallo John,
I'd like two suggestions from you:

- Revolver snubnose 1800kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra.
Is there a setting or other suggestion to lower the noise? I love the output, torque control and powerband, but the "alien"noise is a bit too much and gets annoying after a while. This is not my first outrunner, I'm happily using 2836 sized 1500kv on CFX-W and the noise level is much lower, with MicroX.

- Puller Pro Stubby 2200kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra, Ascender, Scx2. Is there a way to improve the drag brake holding power?

On both setups I'm using the aux wire for crawler-racer, with radio knobble 0 to 100% drag live setting.

Thanks in advance
rockspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #382
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockspider View Post
Hallo John,
I'd like two suggestions from you:

- Revolver snubnose 1800kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra.
Is there a setting or other suggestion to lower the noise? I love the output, torque control and powerband, but the "alien"noise is a bit too much and gets annoying after a while. This is not my first outrunner, I'm happily using 2836 sized 1500kv on CFX-W and the noise level is much lower, with MicroX.

- Puller Pro Stubby 2200kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra, Ascender, Scx2. Is there a way to improve the drag brake holding power?

On both setups I'm using the aux wire for crawler-racer, with radio knobble 0 to 100% drag live setting.

Thanks in advance
Smaller motors make less noise, why your 28mm outrunner is quieter. I don't think Castle is keen on making a non audible frequency at this time, or 12 months ago when I put in the engineering request. I'm working on my own ESCs but that is a long term project.

You can increase drag brake with more geardown. The "hold" of a motor is at direct odds with the startup smoothness, however. If you want a motor to hold with zero rolling but geardown can't get you there, its either using a larger motor that is smooth starting (puller standard), or use a motor that is not so smooth starting but has strong hold force (roc412)
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #383
Quarry Creeper

Thanks John
So for the Revolver would be benefit to change the esc to something else? I like the micro x for the size and aux cable, but if noise can be improved i can experiment...
If i understood correctly, on page 17 you were talking about dithered and 18k frequencies which are more silent, and those are available only on Ble, correct?
And what about Sidewinder 4, will it offer any benefit over the micro and Ble? I read you were saying the cryo hardware is different from previous escs, but will it make any difference in frequencies smoothness and noise?
Thanks again
rockspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Puller Pro Race limited edition motors JohnRobHolmes New Products and Great Deals 0 11-02-2017 11:46 AM
Holmes Hobbies 2 pole vs 4 pole brushless CoolRunning Electronics 1 02-13-2017 09:32 AM