Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Project Rockstar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:55 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

nice i like your ink pen spring door retaner idea
crawler king 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

The door "latch" is an awesome idea. Are you planning on putting panels on the doors? That'll look sick.
smcurry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

More than likely yes. I was gonna put a small aluminum panel on each one to cover the latch mech.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I am surprised there was not more of a responce to this. Oh well I guess I have to do something even more amazing then. Not sure what. Anybody got any ideas for me. Don't say paint it either, it is along way from that still.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

PAINT IT!!!!

Just kidding. Don't get bummed if you don't get a lot of replies. I thought I had a kicka** thread and tons of folks were looking at it, but noone was posting anything.

I think you're on the right track. Keep coming up with unique parts (like the doors) and build a kicka** rig. And yeah, I can't wait to see it finished, with panels and paint.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

What about a rear bumper with a swing out tire carrier. You could use the same style latch mechanism, just smaller.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #27

Looks like your hood already opens so try to do something with that. like get a jeep replica and tear the engine out of it and mount into your crawler. you could also do some interior work from the same replica if you go that rout. i just dont know how much a replica the size that you need would cost.
Issyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

I like the tire carrier idea I hadn't thought of that. For the hood it opens because that is where the batt and all the eletronics go. An engine would not fit, but I may be able to make something that works though, I will look into it. For the interior I am going to custom make the whole thing to replicate the real rubicon. I may even go as far as some functional interior items and lights, havent decided yet. At the rate I am going this thing will never be done cause I keep coming up with more ideas. heh heh What does everyone think for a front bumper. I am cutting off the whole grill and making one like stang killas. Mine may not be metal though. I was thinking a bumper like a warn with roller farlead and a simple brushguard instead of the usual stinger.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinClodKiller View Post
I like the tire carrier idea I hadn't thought of that. For the hood it opens because that is where the batt and all the eletronics go. An engine would not fit, but I may be able to make something that works though, I will look into it. For the interior I am going to custom make the whole thing to replicate the real rubicon. I may even go as far as some functional interior items and lights, havent decided yet. At the rate I am going this thing will never be done cause I keep coming up with more ideas. heh heh What does everyone think for a front bumper. I am cutting off the whole grill and making one like stang killas. Mine may not be metal though. I was thinking a bumper like a warn with roller farlead and a simple brushguard instead of the usual stinger.
dude your rig is F@#%ING awesome!! as far as ideas for the front bumper, hit up 4wheelparts.com to look at real ones, there are so many parts for a real jeep that its endless!!

oh how bout some functional roof lights? maybe a lil audio system? just a few dumb lil thoughts.
TXmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #30

It's a Jeep thing Most people don't understand.

Nice rig.

Give it some rock sliders aka. nurf bars, flat fenders, recessed tail lights.
BoomDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Oh it will have have have steel rock sliders, real ones not tube steps. Also it will have flat fenders and I am making a It's A Jeep Thing decal for the windshield.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #32

cool looking jeep cant wait to see it done
poorboypulling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I think I can officially say it's no longer mine. I'm really gonna have to dig deep to one up this one. I got a few ideas rolling around to give you a run for your money though. Although with your work on the doors I may have you do some of my more intricate work.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Thank you. Thank you. No applause just throw money. Heh just wait to you see what else I got planned.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Sort of an update. I had a visit from the metal fairy so hopefully I can get some stuff done this weekend. Here is what I got.

Left is aluminum middle is steel and right is steel.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Ok both doors are now functional. No pics since the drivers side looks just like the passenger side. I will add skin over the door mechanism later. I started working on the upper link mounts so hopfully I will get them done tomorrow. I will post some pics when I do.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Ok for all you pic hogs. heh heh Here is a pic update. I got the rear link mounts/shock mounts done. Just need to clean them up a bit still. They are 1/8 inch steel.

Next comes the front ones then I just need to make some links and I got a roller again. Also I added the complete door pics just so you can all see how it sits right now.

Well I got to go to work so I will see if I can get more done tonight. Thanks for all the comments guys. You help me stay motivated to finish this thing.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

I really like the placement of the tranny. Far enough forward that you can make an interior and not have the spur sticking up. Nice doors as well.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Thanks that is the plan with the interior too. I will have to make a small sort of bell housing cover, but that's no big deal.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

this is looking great! any idea on paint color of the chassis?
clod & bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote