Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Project Rockstar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Chassis will be semigloss black with red and silver accent. The body will be red with silver and black accent probably.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

dude thats fing killer
crawler king 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Well had a couple of setbacks today. I smoked my dremel and broke my last drill bit. It will be a couple days till I can replace them. Hopefully I can get this thing together this weekend. I have the rear suspension figured out and just need to get the shock mounts made. The front I have to figure out the shock mounts still.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

normal that you broke your tool.............. you seem to work very hard very nice work, can't wait to see what's next
rezotop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

How many Dremels is that for you now? I know I'm on my second. If you haven't gotten it running by this weekend, we can thrash on it with my tools whenever next week, I should be off.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #46
RCC Addict

wow! this is definantly the first time I've seen opening tube doors on a rig... I told my brother about a thread that I saw with tube doors that open, he told me all tube doors open... they're doors... then I told him I saw it on an RC and he about crapped

good job here... I'll definantly keep at least one of my eyes on the thread!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #47

It's looking great! Keep up the great work, I'm in it to the end.......I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Great job!
mpre55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:41 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Well I got my old dremel going and I found some more drill bits. Now I just need some time. I got my front link mounts cut and my rear shock mounts cut and drilled. Hopefully I will get them mounted up tomorrow and get the front shock mounts figured out. Then I have to make up some links and it will be a roller, well more than a roller I can easily put everything in. I am working on a couple of ground breaking ideas, but don't want to give them away just yet. Want to make sure I can do them first. Hopefully my old dremel is up to the task.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Ok time for an update. I got alot done tonight. See pics and explainations.

I got the rear shock mounts done as well as the basic links. Still have to sleeve them but that will be later. It is 8/32 allthread. Anyway here are a few.

Then I made up the front link mounts and shock hoops. Once again see pics.

All I got left to do is make some front links. I have the lowers done, just need the uppers. Then I can do a full assemble and try it out. The last thing I have to do really is bracing, but don't need to much. Then I get to the fun stuff like painting and stuff once it gets alittle warmer. Thanks for everyones comments you have all helped me keep going on this. Next update will be of it put together I imagine. Probably get a little vid on some rocks for you guys too. later
Old 03-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Nother update. Got the suspension done and all mounted up. I still have to sleeve the links, but I'm not sure if I like the link setup yet. I have to run it and see before I sleeve them. Anyway here are the pics let me know what you think. Oh and just to let everyone know that tire it is flexing on is 6" tall.

Here is the belly clearance.

Now I just need a set of 2.2 crushers and I will be good to go. Anyone have any they don't want?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Well I got a set of 2.2 crushers coming so now I just have little stuff, sort of, left. I will have to get my new body work done soon. Right now I am running with the old body and it doesn't fully fit the the new design right anymore.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #52
Rock Stacker

cool build looks awaome
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

At this point I am wondering why I posted this in the WK section. It really should be in the 2.2 section. The only part that is wk is the axles. I have plans to go very scale on this thing too.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Little update here. I got my rockcrushers on. I like them alot. This thing was built to use them, so it makes sense. Anyway now I just need to get some stuff to make my rock rings. Here are the pics.

I have to work this weekend, so I am not sure if I will have a chance to work on this or not, but I will try. You will be the first to know if I get more done. thanks again
Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Here is a little vid action on Mriswith's rockpile. The first part it still has the rock lizards on, then I goes to the stock full foam rock crushers. Enjoy.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

This is the last update in the WK section. Someone named Bob has interest in this rig. See the 2.2 section for Bob's The Rocker build for more on this. Thanks.

Last edited by CrawlinClodKiller; 03-23-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: name change
Old 03-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Bob's build The Rocker

There is the new thread about this truck and its new builder heh heh.