Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #20501
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i would, but...
what? they won't let you have THAT in the city either? the magazines are 10 rounders. I'm going shooting tomorrow morning.. come with and give her a test run before you buy.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #20502
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg_crawler View Post
When this site gets going, just post your approximate location so we can see where most of the people are. Then we could organize a event.

Thanks,
jugg_crawler
Damn... I'd go shooting or gtg but am going skiing if I get my ass up
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #20503
Rock Crawler

Thats a nice gun! I'd buy it if I hadn't just picked a 27 up a couple months back. I love my baby glock! It's so easy to carry, with my crossbreed you almost forget its even there. I still haven't even shot mine. I need to. If I hadn't just spent 14 hours in my truck I'd go with you (well actually I'd probably be skiing with Zero because he asked me first LOL).

I'm kind of in the market for a bolt action rifle. I'm thinking 308 or 300 win mag. I want something that will be accurate WAY out there, like to 1000 yards or so. I'm looking at maybe a Remington 700 or something similar. I was originally planning to mod my AR in that direction but it's really not designed for long range.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #20504
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Thats a nice gun! I'd buy it if I hadn't just picked a 27 up a couple months back. I love my baby glock! It's so easy to carry, with my crossbreed you almost forget its even there. I still haven't even shot mine. I need to. If I hadn't just spent 14 hours in my truck I'd go with you (well actually I'd probably be skiing with Zero because he asked me first LOL).

I'm kind of in the market for a bolt action rifle. I'm thinking 308 or 300 win mag. I want something that will be accurate WAY out there, like to 1000 yards or so. I'm looking at maybe a Remington 700 or something similar. I was originally planning to mod my AR in that direction but it's really not designed for long range.

Keep the AR as a fighting carbine.

Remington 700, or a savage model 10 (thousand yard rifles for about $1,000 with good glass, and you doing your part as a shooter)
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #20505
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i need to put the locker in my twin hammers, right now i got the 500,000 weight stuff in there and on any climbing the diff opens up.

neat little rig.

i would, but...
You can own whatever the rest of Illinois can, no magazine limit either.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #20506
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Fattie View Post
Keep the AR as a fighting carbine.

Remington 700, or a savage model 10 (thousand yard rifles for about $1,000 with good glass, and you doing your part as a shooter)
Oh I won't sell the Colt. I'll probably keep that gun forever.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #20507
Rock Crawler

So I've been driving a lot lately. It's 8 hours between here and Toronto and I just drove to Dallas and back this week, 14 hrs each way. It's given me some time to listen to some audiobooks. I listened to The Lone Survivor and Marcus Latrell's sequel, Service. Today I listened to American Sniper by Chris Kyle. Interesting books about spec ops and the Navy SEALS. I don't really read much...but it sure passes the time in the car.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #20508
RCC Addict

What the!? If you didn't just mention wanting to get a .308 shooter, I'd think you might have gone soft on us!

Nah.. I don't read much either. That actually sounds like a good way to pass time. Also, if it's something you're interested in, I assume its enough to keep your attention in order to stay in the lane and out of the ditch.

We're leaving at around 9:45-10:00am if you decide you're going!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #20509
Rock Crawler

Well all 3 books are about SEAL operations, at least it wasn't a romance novel haha. Pretty interesting reads though. There's a movie coming out next month for one of them.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #20510
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, the Chris Kyle book is supposed to be good.

I wasn't saying get rid of the AR, I'm saying...don't be one of those AR guys who thinks his 16" carbine is a bolt gun. Build a bolt gun if you wanna reach out real far. Keep the AR for fighting the Obama voters when the battle starts.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #20511
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
I listened to The Lone Survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
What the!? If you didn't just mention wanting to get a .308 shooter, I'd think you might have gone soft on us!
I saw his interview on 60 Mins (or 20/20)... it was f#@ked up man. That guy seemed to have so much guilt. I couldn't help but cry a little when he was talking about it.
We are lucky to have never had to been in a situation like that.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #20512
Scale Detail Engineering

anyone want to buy a trail project for Christmas?
85 Toyota Land cruiser 4x4 With Plow Mechanic Special
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Fattie View Post
You can own whatever the rest of Illinois can, no magazine limit either.
i thought i had to pass a crazy test to own a handgun...? only real reason i want one is to basically sleep with it.

i really wanna get those 2 ar's put together, i completely forgot about them... im interested in the whole gun thing, just so busy with other stuff i never have time to learn about it or research anything.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #20514
Rock Crawler

Nope, just a FOID card. Anyone can buy one.

Edit: I say that, but they do a background check and there's a holding period. I guess the holding period allows someone that's pissed off and buying a gun to shoot someone a couple days to cool off.

Last edited by JHTreyIII; 12-28-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #20515
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i thought i had to pass a crazy test to own a handgun...? only real reason i want one is to basically sleep with it.

i really wanna get those 2 ar's put together, i completely forgot about them... im interested in the whole gun thing, just so busy with other stuff i never have time to learn about it or research anything.
You need a FOID card. Thats pretty much it.

72 hr waiting period on handgun purchases.
24 hr wait on rifles/shotguns.

Thats all there is to owning one.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #20516
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Nope, just a FOID card. Anyone can buy one.

Edit: I say that, but they do a background check and there's a holding period. I guess the holding period allows someone that's pissed off and buying a gun to shoot someone a couple days to cool off.
Damn background checks. I have an assault and battery on my record. I will never be able to own a gun.
talmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #20517

you guys sure? i thought with my foid i was basically able to own a shotgun or rifle, but a handgun i would need to take the handgun training classes and get another license.

i have a issue with my interest or ownership of something like a firearm being documented and all that... but i have no excuse for my ignorance or non-ownership still after all this time other than im too lazy to keep up with it...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #20518
Quarry Creeper

That law is gone. Get a foid, buy a firearm.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #20519
Quarry Creeper

Anyone know anything about building a good gaming computer/ steam box?

I think instead of buying a PS4 or XBOX ONE, i wanna try out pc gaming. I needed a new laptop for the last few years, and i figure instead of buying a laptop, why not put together a well spec'd pc for as much as a PS4?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #20520
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

you need to try a circuit judge, 410/.45long rifle, may not have range, but it'll drop anything within 100yds, and since most people can't see past 100yds without a scope, it works just fine, and it's a 5 shot.

so all you wanna-be snipers out there that have no formal training, really don't need anything that has a range of a thousand yards(3000ft), because without a spotter you really have no idea what you are shooting at anyways.

When I was in the Army, I had earned an expert badge with the M-16, shooting 38/40 targets at 300 yds(900ft), that was back in 1982, I was 23. Now I'm 55, I'm lucky if I can hit anything within 200 yds with tri-focals, lol

Last edited by Mike Flea; 12-28-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame