Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #25241
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

I prefer the scale side of C1 & C2.. Brian's C2 truck looks great but, it does have crazy good steering which takes away from the scale side a little bit, especially when it's as over the top as what he has.. That thing can turn! It looks unreal.. We joked about it looking broken but, it turns like 80 degrees and also looks like it somehow has 30 degrees of positive camber. C3 is where I want to see that kind of outrageousness but, there's nothing in the C2 rules about that so, it's fair & legal I suppose.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #25242
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Well I got some rough news today...my company is closing our office here in Chicago. I will be here for the next year to finish this project but if I want to stay employed after that I'll need to relocate, probably to San Diego. I just bought a house too...I'm a little bummed.
Aww man.. That's shitty
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #25243
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I got some rough news today...my company is closing our office here in Chicago. I will be here for the next year to finish this project but if I want to stay employed after that I'll need to relocate, probably to San Diego. I just bought a house too...I'm a little bummed.
Wow that kinda sinks but dude your single liven in Cal.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #25244
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Nooooooooooooooooo!
Don't leave us Treaby!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #25245

Quote:
what the ****! that sucks man!
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #25246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
I agree 100%

Must have been some really crap drivers. :flip off:

Class one is looked at two different ways in my eye. It like street trucks or says class 0. Or a truck that can be driven on the street but still driven off road. class 1
But both fit in the same class.

I agree axial axle or cheaters but legal.
i liked c1 because it seemed to be a builders class that embraced scale builds over winning setups.

and i drove it very well as ecsc **** you very much… good enough that i dnf'd one course and still got 2nd place by running the other 3 better than most everybody else.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #25247
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i liked c1 because it seemed to be a builders class that embraced scale builds over winning setups.

and i drove it very well as ecsc **** you very much… good enough that i dnf'd one course and still got 2nd place by running the other 3 better than most everybody else.
I have seen you drive buddy just razing.

I want class one to be that way
Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #25248

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
I have seen you drive buddy just razing.

I want class one to be that way
so why you building c1 cheater rigs?

just razin back.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #25249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
so why you building c1 cheater rigs?

just razin back.
I bought that way…

LIke I said before six months ago I never even drove a leaf rig. Im a comp guy
Old 09-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #25250
Rock Crawler

Yeah talk about a major life overhaul. I'm going to have a lot of things to work out over the next year. I guess this will be a reason for me to sell the blazer. Probably will sell the taco too and then pay cash for something new. Gotta slim down the fleet I guess to a single truck that I can fit the bike in the back of. I guess I need to think about getting rid of a lot of shit I don't use. Man, I was just starting to get settled too.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #25251
Scale Detail Engineering

New job not an option?
Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #25252
Rock Crawler

Sure it's an option but that would mean starting over in a sense. I've been with the same company for almost 9 years now. We're HUGE. We do $4 Billion of work a year and I'm very well known across all our offices in North America. I can make a career out of this company and eventually I'll be very high ranking and sitting pretty. They've always treated me well, paid me well, etc. I don't want to leave them. That's going to mean relocation I guess.

We're bigger on the west coast. Our US headquarters is in San Diego. I knew it would happen, just not this soon. I will eventually move to Vancouver too, that's our main headquarters. You have to go to the home office if you want to continue up the ladder. It was just a shock to hear this morning.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #25253
Scale Detail Engineering

Damn, just read on FB that Mike Rowe's (GURU) Mattzilla Ultra4 chassis was stolen from outside his place.
He put a coat of paint on it and then left it in a box baking in the sun... gone.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #25254

Quote:
Sure it's an option but that would mean starting over in a sense. I've been with the same company for almost 9 years now. We're HUGE. We do $4 Billion of work a year and I'm very well known across all our offices in North America. I can make a career out of this company and eventually I'll be very high ranking and sitting pretty. They've always treated me well, paid me well, etc. I don't want to leave them. That's going to mean relocation I guess.

We're bigger on the west coast. Our US headquarters is in San Diego. I knew it would happen, just not this soon. I will eventually move to Vancouver too, that's our main headquarters. You have to go to the home office if you want to continue up the ladder. It was just a shock to hear this morning.
would you be relocating to san diego? DUDE! if you like that job i hear san deigo is just about the most perfect place weather-wise ever. and dont sell the blazer, you will regret you did. it was your dads right? keep it, even if you have to store it for awhile i guarantee you will be happy you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Damn, just read on FB that Mike Rowe's (GURU) Mattzilla Ultra4 chassis was stolen from outside his place.
He put a coat of paint on it and then left it in a box baking in the sun... gone.
thats horrible.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #25255
Rock Crawler

Quote:
would you be relocating to san diego? DUDE! if you like that job i hear san deigo is just about the most perfect place weather-wise ever. and dont sell the blazer, you will regret you did. it was your dads right? keep it, even if you have to store it for awhile i guarantee you will be happy you did.
Yeah probably...or Las Vegas, but most likely San Diego. I'm just not sure I want to cart that dang blazer all over the country with me. I'm just not that into it either...and it's worth a pretty penny. I have some time to think about it. I don't know...

I'd be able to use it more in San Diego, that's for sure.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #25256
Scale Detail Engineering

San Diego is fawkin nice man... expensive as hell but damn nice.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #25257
Rock Crawler

Vegas would suck. San Diego would be killer
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #25258

my ex was always talking about wanting to move to vegas... i was like hell no.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #25259
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

If you're that valuable to your company, will they move you?, and if they do they may buy your current house just to keep you with them, it may not be a bad deal, go for it.

My brother got a deal like that, Volvo-Penta bought out OMC, where he worked, wanted to keep him on as a design engineer, moved him out to Chesapeake, found a couple houses for him to check out and decide on, sold his house for him, now that he's retired, he gets a pension from OMC & Volvo-Penta.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #25260
Rock Crawler

Yeah they'll move me...not sure about sell my house, I should look into that.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame