Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #15421
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Ha, I have actually seen high school of the dead. That's like the one Anime show I've seen. I'll have to check the other out.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #15422

Holy shitballs these locked up wheels are killer.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #15423
RCC Addict

Are yours SLW compatible? Mine are the 8L.. I think the hub is part of the wheel center. I'm not sure though, they came assembled.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #15424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Are yours SLW compatible? Mine are the 8L.. I think the hub is part of the wheel center. I'm not sure though, they came assembled.
yeah i got the slw sets. 1.9 adversarys with the inspired beadlocks. easily floppable for different offests and/or different hubs.

cant wait to get home and mount my pitbulls to them. hopefully i can get them wide enough off the hex to clear the vp highsteer setup.

edit - my god if you guys are looking for some dope wheels give these guys a shot. i dunno what the vp omfs cost for 5, but i came in at 240 shipped for an incredibly detailed and scale set (5) of complete wheels. they remind me alot of the oldschool cac beadlocks i ran on lemonade for those first couple comps before i decided to keep it pretty. AMAZING WHEELS.

Last edited by badhoopty; 04-26-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #15425
RCC Addict

One day, I'll have my own shop, my own machines, I'll be the boss! You'll see! You'll god damn see!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #15426
I wanna be Dave

any one around to crawl this weekend?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #15427
Pebble Pounder

Ordered vanquish wheels, C.i foams and aluminum body panels for the wraith today. C.I foams already shipped and stuff from CK crawlers are still processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #15428
Rock Crawler

Where did you get your aluminum body panels? I've had a couple different sets and I like my advanced metal fab ones the best. They're thicker than the CFM ones.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #15429
Pebble Pounder

Xguard rc. Found them on you tube. The .040 thickness aluminum. The price was good and the reviews I read were good.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #15430
Rock Crawler

cool, I don't think I've seen those...got a link? I really liked mine.

Oh the Big Metal Bitch was a nice old rig, how I miss her.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #15431
Rock Crawler

You know that little on/off switch that comes on many ESC's like the MMP. Do you guys think that little switch would be affected by water at all? All this debate about my on/off switch on the rock rat and the dang ESC comes with one! I could just plug up my batteries in parallel before I head out for the day and then use the little on/off switch. I bet water has little to no affect on that switch...if anything it would add contact and turn the rig on, it wouldn't ever cause it to cut off. Does that sound right??

There's even that little mount for it in the interior of the wraith, how perfect is that? duh.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #15432
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
cool, I don't think I've seen those...got a link? I really liked mine.

Oh the Big Metal Bitch was a nice old rig, how I miss her.

Did you get rid if your wraith ? It's the first thing comes up if you google wraith with aluminum body panels.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=221218144668

Old 04-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #15433
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You know that little on/off switch that comes on many ESC's like the MMP. Do you guys think that little switch would be affected by water at all? All this debate about my on/off switch on the rock rat and the dang ESC comes with one! I could just plug up my batteries in parallel before I head out for the day and then use the little on/off switch. I bet water has little to no affect on that switch...if anything it would add contact and turn the rig on, it wouldn't ever cause it to cut off. Does that sound right??

There's even that little mount for it in the interior of the wraith, how perfect is that? duh.
The on/off switch on my castle sidewinder shorted out and is just always on now. I had it sealed in a ballon not sure what happened.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #15434
Rock Crawler

Honestly those look like the advanced metal fab ones...

I didn't get rid of it, I just used a lot of the parts and all of the drivetrain for my rock rat build. The wraith chassis is sitting on the shelf at home.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #15435
Scale Detail Engineering

problem with he on/off switch over the Deans plug is the switch doesn't shut off the bec and servo... you need to unplug for that or use the deans plug method.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #15436
Pebble Pounder

What's this deans plug method ? I have to unplug both my rigs for them to be completely off. Was kind of a pain at the TTC but there was plenty of time between runs.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #15437
Rock Crawler

Oh yeah...duh. I didn't think about that.

The deans method is you put a female deans in the positive battery lead, in line with the lead. The you take a male and connect the two prongs together with a wire. Then the male that is tied together acts as a "key" that you can insert in the female to complete the connection.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #15438
Pebble Pounder

Trey did you run vp knuckles on your wraith at all ? I ended up getting 225 hubs for the rear and 350 in the front. I've read 350 hubs are tight with vp knuckles but then I saw some people post that they ran 225's with vp knuckles. I just hope the 350's work with my vp set up.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #15439

ive had the switch on timmy since day one, just set to on since i unplug the battery, but ive never had an issue with it. might not hurt to squirt some wd in it or something just to be safe.

however... the switches i used to have on my f350 in the bed for lights, esc, and winch got wet and stopped working.

Quote:

Old 04-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #15440

i had both grounds from the esc and the bec routed to a switch on my f350, which enabled both to be shut off with one switch.

i had at least a week on just wiring that ****ing thing to make it all work from the 3 bed switches, only to get frustrated and freaking burn it all up that one time at roselle. what a shitty day that was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
problem with he on/off switch over the Deans plug is the switch doesn't shut off the bec and servo... you need to unplug for that or use the deans plug method.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame