Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Looking for help identifying a specific New Bright toy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Looking for help identifying a specific New Bright toy

all my recent attention to RC crawlers got me thinking about a project sitting in a closet..

About 7 years ago (I'm guessing), my best friend loaned me an RC Jeep toy so that I could do some mods to it, for him. The intent was to add static LED lighting to it, and buy a replacement front axle to swap into place on the rear..

Life got in the way and I left it stored in a car with tinted windows through a Georgia summer.. Nothing happened to the plastic or the electronics, but the (somewhat hard) rubber tires softened enough to deform and I was never able to fix them, even with a hair dryer and a heat gun... The truck ended up in a pile on a dresser, until some "spring cleaning" while I was not here to defend my stuff... it ended up in a bin in a closet with the majority of the truck missing, including the body and the remote.

I am having a b* of a time trying to identify it.. I've spent about 2 hours today searching Ebay, Walmart, ToyRUs, Amazon, google images, and the manufacturer and cannot find the same truck..

what I know about it:
  • I know it is New Bright (says so in several places)
  • I know it was originally purchased at ToysRUs in the ballpark of $80
  • 5.5 inch diameter tires and 18 inch long chassis (I think there was also a bumper) makes it New Bright's "20 inch" or 1/10 scale.
  • I KNOW it was the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. The body was plain silver, not "Bad" or "Mud Slinger". I don't remember what stickers it might have had.
  • Very boxy black plastic chassis is almost-symmetrical front-to-back and has some painted blue highlights and a "Road Armor" sticker. Blue roll bar has "Fabtech" stickers. Windshield has "Rubicon" silkscreened on it, and 4 lights on a bar above the windshield simply have glittery silver stickers for lenses.
  • Front and rear MOA axles are nearly identical save for steering components in the front axle, and a straight axle in the rear, no diffs.
  • Tires say "Mud Grappler" and "Nitto" on them.
  • Chromed-plastic simulated-bead-lock rims have a conical spider with 8 round holes. Rims are held on to hex shafts with a single phillip's screw.
  • Pleastic spare tire looked more like a skoal can than a tire.

This is not a classified ad.. I am not trying to sell this to anyone and am not trying to buy it from anyone. I just need to know a model number or something so I can go finding the right parts to rebuild it and finally return it to my friend..

Please help? if you can?

Michael.
DieCastoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Looking for help identifying a specific New Bright toy

Sounds like this one...

49MHz R C New Bright Jeep Rubicon Grey 4x4 Off Road with Remote Free s H | eBay

This is the same one I pulled the body from, for my Tomb Raider. Still got a bunch of parts for it.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Looking for help identifying a specific New Bright toy

ok. it's been bought. I did not expect such a fast AND accurate response Thank you. Also, I didn't remember it having a pistol controller .. Ah well, as long as it works.

Michael.
DieCastoms is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for help identifying a specific New Bright toy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help identifying sandrocks 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 03-27-2013 11:10 AM
help identifying something #2 4VRYNG Chit Chat 7 05-29-2012 06:45 AM
I need some help identifying exactly what I have here bcbsox Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 02-29-2012 01:55 AM
Toy crawlers r1 to formula toy Toycrawler5481 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2011 06:49 PM
Help Identifying ? hijack Newbie General 1 08-08-2008 11:19 AM