RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Large Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/large-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Project Full Throttle super Comp Crawler with mp3 Stereo (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/large-scale-rigs/66983-project-full-throttle-super-comp-crawler-mp3-stereo.html)

christoleher 08-11-2007 03:36 PM

THOSE ARE BEEEEFFFFYYY. nice

pariah 08-17-2007 09:26 PM

Wow those rod ends are awesome but man are they huge! Let us know how they work out for ya. Definetly interested if they hold up well. I had a similar idea as far as links and rod ends go and was thinking of using 1/4in solid steel links then drilling and tapping them out but not sure how easy it would be and then there's the weight issue of them. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Keep up the good work"thumbsup"

toy4crawlin 08-19-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pariah (Post 811877)
Wow those rod ends are awesome but man are they huge! Let us know how they work out for ya. Definetly interested if they hold up well. I had a similar idea as far as links and rod ends go and was thinking of using 1/4in solid steel links then drilling and tapping them out but not sure how easy it would be and then there's the weight issue of them. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Keep up the good work"thumbsup"

Thanks pariah

the thermo plastic rod ends are like 225 ftlbs rated, and they are so light you can't tell you are holding them if your eyes are closed :shock:

I'm looking for a Good reliable tranny hopefully 2 speed.
Cause people are saying the RC4wd tranny 2speed is "set for destruction if I use it on my super and a Brushless motor .

So far no luck, I may building my own Darn Tranny !
Using a MIP tranns with 44 Spur to a ****er box in a GD600 to a drive shaft to a reduction unit to the Motor

trickedoutTLT06 08-20-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 813820)
Thanks pariah

the thermo plastic rod ends are like 225 ftlbs rated, and they are so light you can't tell you are holding them if your eyes are closed :shock:

I'm looking for a Good reliable tranny hopefully 2 speed.
Cause people are saying the RC4wd tranny 2speed is "set for destruction if I use it on my super and a Brushless motor .

So far no luck, I may building my own Darn Tranny !
Using a MIP tranns with 44 Spur to a ****er box in a GD600 to a drive shaft to a reduction unit to the Motor

emaxx tranny..

toy4crawlin 08-20-2007 11:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote" emaxx tranyy"

Yea but it's so freakin Big !

Got a Great Idea :idea::-P
I may do this setup and build a shifting case to use a Servo to engage the GD600 , basically engage a 2nd Reduction Unit :idea:
This tranny size is very small and the shape is very simaliar to the Real Thing :)
It also has BRASS Gears ! Don't see them breakin :) LOL:lol:
the belly of the tranns (out put shafts) will sit on pan along with all the motor etc.

ALSO this tranny allows the front wheels to turn even if the Rear wheels get stuck and stop, and Visa Versa. Unlike most trannys the slipper Slips and NO power goes to any Wheels :!:

1st Gear reduction unit is a 4:1.
it came from my rc 4x4 truck puller :-P
I don't know what the GD600 is though?:?:

But together that would be insane CrawL

What do you think ?

toy4crawlin 08-31-2007 04:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More parts arrived Wahhooo:)

Mamba max from Crawler Store, wow this ESC is Sweet !
BM16 Brushless From RCP
rod ends
1/4 .035 wall Stainless Tube for Chassis from Mc caster

Fuel Cell Box to Hold ESC Electronics store
Voltage reg, back order Holmes Hobbies
Voltage Reg for Radio and small bec from Dimension engineering
new DX6 battery 2500 battery from Cheapbatterypacks.com
Parma 1/10 scale model V8 motor

Brings this months total over $300. :shock: ooops :lol:

Found this Awesome little box that looks just like a fuel cell (texture) and still fit a Fan inside
gonna dress it up, make the wires look like High pressure lines "thumbsup"
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/attac...1&d=1188599799
Box is 2 1/4 square by about 1" tall
Where can I get a Fuel cell inlet Sticker :?: anybody?

toy4crawlin 08-31-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudukai13 (Post 782785)
Can you give us some info on the speakers? How are you going to wire them into a headphone jack? And where did you get them?

I need to build an Amp to drive the speakers, should be pretty simple, only a few Capacitors, resistors, etc.

You could gut out those Spinny spinners RC trucks at Toy r us and use the sounds system out of those :roll:

Stick King 09-03-2007 10:28 AM

clap ya hands

that is just sinister. good job man!"thumbsup"

Roketcooper 09-03-2007 11:09 AM

This build makes me feel hot and steamy.

dieselfuel 09-03-2007 12:59 PM

wow this is my 2nd or 3rd time in the maxx forum since i joined, but this thing is worth watching! holy **** man!

4-linkedWK 09-03-2007 08:18 PM

that is going to be one nice rig!!!

toy4crawlin 09-14-2007 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some work last night

Mocked up a Top Tube frame for the New Super

I did a quick upgrade to my rear servo

High pressure line STYLE :-P

I used Tamiya color, Anodize from my LHS
3/16 Aluminum tube then tamiya anodize , used that on the servo end
Braiding is from HSC halted.com for the 1/8 Braided tubing .50 cents a foot :)
Servo plug end is just shrink tubing
I might cover the braiding in Clear shrink tube to simulate the new 1:1 brake line.

I still have my first maxx , So that's what the pictures are

toy4crawlin 09-16-2007 11:20 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Narrowing wheels and adding hex bolt beadlocks
ball bearings inside for weight

Roobforme 09-22-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 831824)
Found this Awesome little box that looks just like a fuel cell (texture) and still fit a Fan inside
gonna dress it up, make the wires look like High pressure lines "thumbsup"
Box is 2 1/4 square by about 1" tall
Where can I get a Fuel cell inlet Sticker :?: anybody?

Look into the T/E Maxx Jaws sticker sheet. It's fuel door sticker looks kind of like a fuel cell filler and it gives you a couple choices too.:?: It's worth a look I think.

Trikster 09-22-2007 12:37 PM

Very cool rig man, I really like it. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

toy4crawlin 09-24-2007 06:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
thanks Trikster

little progress here,
have all my 4-40, 6-32, 8-32, 10-32 and so on HEX Head screws to keep the bolts Scale looking

Still Undecided on Tranny, the RC4wd tranny in the way of the seat and Not feeling good on strength

quicky mock up

Mojorisin 09-29-2007 02:40 PM

I don't know if you ever came up with a way of attaching the axle tube to the diff but I wash thinking of doing the same thing but never got around to building it. This was my idea, use 2 large washers and weld the axle tubes to them. Then sandwich the diff between the washers with bolts or large machine screws. this would allow you to get the diffs apart if needed and you could rotate the diff to get that perfect pinion angle"thumbsup"

toy4crawlin 09-29-2007 11:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojorisin (Post 865431)
I don't know if you ever came up with a way of attaching the axle tube to the diff but I wash thinking of doing the same thing but never got around to building it. This was my idea, use 2 large washers and weld the axle tubes to them. Then sandwich the diff between the washers with bolts or large machine screws. this would allow you to get the diffs apart if needed and you could rotate the diff to get that perfect pinion angle"thumbsup"

Yea that's the common way, I'm actually doing that to my maxx Right now LOL:lol: , I don't care much about it, it's just something to play with while I'm building my Real crawler :)
For my New Super I like different/ innovative and (Clean)

so I have not finalized on it yet. still using my custom maxx as a practice template as I continue to research, find parts and work on the Design.

thanks

FinishLine Rc Hooked me UP! "thumbsup"

Real Delrin Links
I was thinkin of using Stainless but I'm worried about weight, besides the Chassis will 1/4 stainless and there will be so much detail that the Delrin should look good

iwantoffroad 10-12-2007 09:22 PM

i love the braided wiring

get working on this build i wanna see it as a roller buy this weekend

sssundog31 10-14-2007 10:00 PM

i love this bild good job