Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro crawler build up.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #1

Default Micro crawler build up.

About a year ago I got my micro crawler, now im doing my build up of it. Ill list what im using all the way around. Ill post pictures once the parts get in and i get the body painted and such.
Chassis-Stock for now, Dp torsion(No shock Chassis) on the way.
Links- Stock size, but round.
Motor- Atomic mods micro bb.(Very nice)
servo- A grey no name servo, but its very fast and torquey.
Tires/wheeles-Stock tires no foam(Sealed air), Idk brand on wheel weights all around on both sides on stock beadlocks. Then bigger atomic mods wheel weights on front outside wheel.
Body- Bug body( Still thinking of what color to paint. Aluminum body posts.
esc- Probally going to decase and mount on the servo.
Battery- 150mah 1s for now, but ordering a couple bigger 1s's and 2s's.

Any other suggestions or comments, questions, concerns please leave your thoughts. Im excited to see this come together and crawl like a baby
Spentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Micro crawler build up.

Sounds like you are going to keep it a crawler and not a scaler route. Either way get a danally hand wound motor. You can probably send yours to him and he'll rewind it. I myself have a 90turn bb2 and it has a good speed to torque ratio. You would also benefit from different tires
Mastah Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
Sounds like you are going to keep it a crawler and not a scaler route. Either way get a danally hand wound motor. You can probably send yours to him and he'll rewind it. I myself have a 90turn bb2 and it has a good speed to torque ratio. You would also benefit from different tires
does he pay you to pimp his motors? lol
yes they are good
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheGenus View Post
does he pay you to pimp his motors? lol
yes they are good
naw just tryin to help out a newbie and support a vendor
Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #5

What tires do you suggest? i was thinking of those ebay urethane tires. What else are better than the stock ones? how much are these denally motors?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Check this thread. The New What and Where to Buy Thread (Linked, Priced, and AVAILABLE) I like the Rox Lox and the Qlos but qlos are more of a comp option
Old 11-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #7

So heres what im considering, im going to order a spare set of rims and do the reverse modification. I need an option for a new set of tires. The qlos are nice but kinda big. I was thinking of the rox lox for the tires. then. I would maybe like to get bent links for the bottom for more clearence on my dp torsion chassis. Not much else i could do speaking I upgraded mostly everthing i need. I have good articulation with the new chassis, enough power with the atomic motor(Might go with a new one). New tires will be coming soon. I cant think of much else.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

If you run the miclaws then the wheel flip mod is pretty much necessary but I did the wheel flip on a set of wheels for a scale build with rock locs and Im less than impressed with it. Sure it widens the the track out but the scrub is increased dramatically wich causes all sorts of issues with steering. This is true for wheel wideners as well but to a lesser extent because the wheels arent moved as far from the hub as with the wheel flip mod. I also noticed that with the flip mod on stock tires the rig moved alot when steering, moving or stopped the whole rig would shift when steering was used, it does this on pretty much all surfaces and there dosent seem to be a way to lessen the effect short of going back to stock width. If you want a wider axle that performs correctly you'll need to widen the axle itself. just MHO
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #9

Then i may not do that. Still i need new tires. Im probally going to get rock locs. Again does anyone have an idea on how i can get or do some bent lower links?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spentar View Post
What tires do you suggest? i was thinking of those ebay urethane tires. What else are better than the stock ones? how much are these denally motors?
They are kinda big and heavy. I just got a set of the Boggers and they feel so much better then stock, and look like 1/8 taller
jprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #11

im going with the rox lox tires. Im ordering them tonight. as for rims on those. Should i just buy a set of stock rims and tires and take the tire off of it and put the rox lox on? Or are there some other rims that are a good price that i could use. I dont wanna go over $20 on rims
Old 11-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprock View Post
They are kinda big and heavy. I just got a set of the Boggers and they feel so much better then stock, and look like 1/8 taller
Do you own a set of Paul's urethane tires?
My guess is you don't They are a great tire IMO & come in all kinds of sizes....As a bonus the weight is great on em & you don't have to add any weight to your rim...

Losi & RC4WD's top row

Pauls urethane's on the bottom row

chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #13

thanks for the reference. im still going with rox lox, but maybe a colored set of urethane ones down the road. Im still looking for someone who might have some bent lower links for me.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Bent lower links are easy. Just fire up a Zippo lighter and bend slowly. Use Mini-T links for added length and strength. The MiClaws are even bigger than those urethane tires and they are super sticky. Not sure how they compare to the urethanes, but I've heard the MiClaws are softer. Though they don't come in the psychedelic colors the urethanes are available in.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #15

The links i have already might be mini t links and i didnt know it. There threaded with spacers in the middle that make it the stock setting. The thing is bending these seems like it would make it too short to link up to the balls.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy55 View Post
Do you own a set of Paul's urethane tires?
My guess is you don't They are a great tire IMO & come in all kinds of sizes....As a bonus the weight is great on em & you don't have to add any weight to your rim...

Losi & RC4WD's top row

Pauls urethane's on the bottom row
I own the original set of paul's Super Swaper Iroks. I emailed him asking if he could cast a urethane set of Iroks from one of the hard plastic ones so I could use them on my xmod crawler back in the day. He did, then started making them for sale on ebay. They worked great on that but that because that was the best there was at the time. For a losi I just don't think they have the flex to them to really flatten the tire and the weight just seems like too much imo.

chevy55 does have tons more experience then me but those are just my thoughts on the matter

Last edited by jprock; 11-25-2012 at 08:14 PM.
jprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #17

Heres some pics of the tear down. Im replacing the stock tires, with the rox lox which im ordering tomorrow. I have a atomic mods micro bb in there already. the links i think are losi mini t, They have spacers to cover the threads. The servo is a no name.(Can someone link me to some good servos for these?) But this is the basic axle and tranny set up i will have. maybe some aluminum knuckles and a lock out kit down the road.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

My bad bro
I know jaymillz over on scale sent a bunch in for him to mold....I love his tires for scale builds on smaller rims they get smaller & look more scale. They also grab great while trail'n diffrent terrains.The xpg compound is killer vs the OG's.

If your the man that started him on it, A big thanks from me jprock, cause Paul is a great guy & makes a good tire
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #19

So this is my goal with this crawler. I want eye candy. So this is my color scheme. Red, white, and black. The wheel weights and nuts will be painted with a nice bright red. The body will have red with some white in it. Im officially calling the name of it "Big balls" because of the original body it had. (You will find out why once it is done. an assortment of hardware will be painted as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #20

Im currently doing the dp torsion chassis, I have to get the delrin links onto the ball ends and im having trouble. I dont want to break the chassis plate and i dont want to force the links on? any suggestions to get them on easy? I ordered the rox lox, and more mini t tire rods to bend. To put bb's in your tires for weight should i just drop them into the tire and let them shake around pretty much?

Micro crawler build up. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
Losi Micro Crawler Blade TMC build Evilinside Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 51 09-19-2012 07:51 AM
micro crawler course build rock_basher_75 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 03-31-2012 01:59 AM
Micro Crawler Build! jms222 General Crawlers 4 12-15-2008 08:11 PM