Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Thunder-Worm with LCC Axles...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Today i´ve do the rest from the chassis and have it tested on 3S - Wheelspeed is ok but it could be a little bit more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JMgRktdFA

LG Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #22
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Its looking awesome! I cant wait to find out what you do with the trans. In the video, it looks like you have about the same wheel speed as I do. What overall ratio did you go with in the trans? I would really like to build a 2:1 trans with the ability to run a 12t pinion on the motor. In my experience with the LCC, the motors do not like anything over a 12t motor pinion.

Mine is running good enough now that I am too lazy to figure anything else out. This just might motivate me to build my own trans too though.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Erik,

my tranny has an ratio from 2:1 .... And i run a 24t pinion on the 30T motor... But it feels good - the motor are not temperated, i think that will work - but a little bit more Wheelsspeed could not hurt...

What motor are you running with your LCC Axles in the mini?

At next i want to build a tranny with two outside speeds - the magic word is over and underdrive
I try to make the front axle more faster then yet...

Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Gerry, I have been fallowing this thread like others. This is a very cool build. And your home parts are awesome. True sense of a build thread. A few guy and I have been discussing turning our MRC pros into more of a rock racer. The axial wraith sure has sparked interest in speed. Here is a link to that post. MRC as a rock racer?
Your homemade tranny looks like it would fit the bill perfect. Let me know what you think.
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #25
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Erik,

my tranny has an ratio from 2:1 .... And i run a 24t pinion on the 30T motor... But it feels good - the motor are not temperated, i think that will work - but a little bit more Wheelsspeed could not hurt...

What motor are you running with your LCC Axles in the mini?

At next i want to build a tranny with two outside speeds - the magic word is over and underdrive
I try to make the front axle more faster then yet...

Gerry
I am just guessing but I dont think that 30t motor could be helping much. In my experiences with the LCC worms, they really like lower turn motors. On my LCC 2.2 I ran as low as a 10.5 brushless motor and it was probably the smoothest motor I ran. The only problem was that I needed a serious battery for how hungry it was. Something like a 100C battery would have been great. I will be looking for a 17t or lower motor.

I am currently using a Losi insane motor. It works but could be better.

Are you running a HD worm in the front and standard in the rear? I think that much over drive is about right. Anymore and I think you would suffer from the rear not pushing enough. Not to pimp my own goods,... but a chromo worm in the rear really helps things out and will help all the way around.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #26
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I

Are you running a HD worm in the front and standard in the rear? I think that much over drive is about right. Anymore and I think you would suffer from the rear not pushing enough. Not to pimp my own goods,... but a chromo worm in the rear really helps things out and will help all the way around.
Yea hd up front is the perfect overdrive...since i'm running moa i can experiment real easy with my radio, and i leave at at a neatrual mix, if anything slow down my front so the rears don't cause any un wanted hop in the front when climbing...and i'll second the chromo in the rear, when you have a smoother and quicker gear up front compared to stock worms, i think it makes em heat up faster, as i tried it...but then again its been along time since i ran stock 25:1 stock gears but it seemed like after 3 packs i was getting hot and really thin grease seeping out of my axles, before it was like 4-5 packs i think.

Another lcc mini, makes me want to build one even more...very tempting not to be smart with the little money i have.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #27
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Gerry,

I know you were inquiring about the worms. Just wanted to inform you.

Chromo worms, FYI
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #28
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Gerry, can you remind me of what gears you used in your trans? I think you said it was an AX10 for the final gear but I cant remember what the other was.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #29
RCC Addict

if you kept that steering angle the same, from the first few pics... man that is just deadly!!! i cant imagine how sharp that is.. is it the new "negative ackerman"? lol
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote