Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: something is slipping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default something is slipping

when the truck gets in a tight bind something slips....do these things got a slipper in them somewhere....nothing has stripped as it works perfectly as soon as you get the rig out of the bind....thanks guys
pugs2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: something is slipping

it sounds like the diff gears are slipping, if that is what is happening you need to pull your axles apart and shim the gears so they have a tighter mesh, Tamiya makes 4mm shims in .01, .02, and .03 mm for the pinion. If you don't want to pull the axles apart you can try replacing the four bolts that hold the axle halves together with longer bolts and nuts on the back side. This helps keep the housing stiffer. Since I shimmed my gears and nutted the halves I have not had the teeth skip once. If your diff gears are damaged you might need to replace them, might be a good idea to pull the axles apart for inspection. Good Luck
bikerj08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs2300 View Post
when the truck gets in a tight bind something slips....do these things got a slipper in them somewhere....nothing has stripped as it works perfectly as soon as you get the rig out of the bind....thanks guys
When it "slips", do you hear a noise at the same time? bikerj08 covered the most likely issues (shimming the axle pinion gear & through bolting the axle near the diff).

If your axle pinion gear is chewed up, now would be a good time to do the front axle overdrive mod (if you haven't done it already).

Also check your motor pinion/spur gear mesh. A few have torn up the spur but didn't notice the teeth were getting rather short.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

well i don't know if this will help you guys help me but when it happens its not just 1 axle...like if the front is wedge up and it starts that slipping noise the rear isn't pulling either same if the rear gets hung....also i have inspected my motor gear and ring gear they look ok...seems like ill have to start pulling things apart....i have done the overdrive mod...i shimmed it a little when i done that...the mesh seemed good...IDK...my friends does it too...he doesn't have the overdrive....looks like ill have to start tearin into it....
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

there is a slipper on the spur gear
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass14 View Post
there is a slipper on the spur gear
X2..Check your manual, it will show you how to adjust the slipper...
the_ghetto_rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

well i see the slipper now...i just never really looked close enough at it to notice it...the slipper nut was actually about to back all the way off my buddies rig....its gtg now...thanks guys..

something is slipping - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slipping? Carolina Crawler Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 21 10-27-2010 06:09 PM
slipping differential nightcrawler86 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 05-09-2009 05:49 PM
transmission slipping?????? bmxcrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 12-08-2008 05:44 PM
slipping hexes badBKO Tires and Wheels 9 07-31-2008 11:12 AM