Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner... mrc build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default wanting a winner... mrc build thread

Hi guys, Troy Winner here, new to 1.9's but have a vision of what I'm goin for an what I want... So far so good, I started off with a gc chassis an some crap electronics an brushless... Since then I have picked up just bout everything I want for it..(mostly right here on the for sale section) so chime in if its ur parts.. lol
Parts list....
Mini juice chassis
Decked out axles an trans from chicklet, MIP cvd axles, aluminum chubs, knuckles, lockouts, rcbros servo plate an tie rod, all metal lockers.. I have done the revo od mod to the front
Tranny is all metal gears an locker with a bwd aluminum motor plate.
I have MIP drive shafts in the mail
Custom links, by me
Aluminum mini shocks
Ckrc aluminum 1.9 beadlocks.. they are 1.9's of ckrc "skinny" wheels.. which unknowingly when I bought them, are what are on my creeper... I just found out today that the 1.9's are the same as my "skinny" wheels, from a thread from 2009... King bling doesn't remember the name of the 1.9's so if anyone knows.. I'm listening...
I think that covers it, now for the electronics...
I'm running a mamba micro pro esc
Jr 8711 servo with a cc Bec, Bec in the mail..
Spektrum rx, Prolly my 3100 for size..
HH mini torquemaster.. in the mail
For tires, just got used chisels from CI with CI single stage foams in them.. waiting to find a set of rovers...

I'm not done but on my way, I figured sooner then later was a good time to get started.. a couple pics..

As it sits now... Still goin to do some bending of the front lower links..

Ok guys, there ya go.. this is my start..

Well that was quick.. my carbon fiber panel material an cc Bec showed up!

Last edited by winnerone23; 06-28-2012 at 03:49 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I like the clearance on your rear links, what material are they made out of?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner... mrc build thread

There left over creeper links I had laying around.. so I bent them up an the ti uppers to clear them... Fronts are next, pics later... The fronts won't be so much, just a bit...
Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Wow thats a lot of bend in the rear links the only reason i wouldn't go anymore then i have (you have seen my rig) is because then you start dragging the drive shaft and i don't want to beat that up

and looking at your tie rod and it might just be able to go under the plate with no mods

Last edited by asw27x; 06-28-2012 at 10:30 PM.
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

My rear drive shaft should be up inside my rear lowers when its done, maybe the bell of the MIP showing a little, will find out when they show up.. I did get my tie rod under my servo plate an got my fronts bent a little, just to get rid of the straight line they made an a touch of clearance. Again the bell may show a little...

I had to shave a little of the axle housing down an a little off the link ends to get this to run smooth but its working nicely..

An for the front lowers.. this isn't my articulation just to get good angle for the pic..

I'm not sure as of yet if I won't have to cut my front uppers an move them back a set of holes on my servo plate, but time will tell. I'm also looking for a ud mod for the rear, if anyone makes a 12t Pinion mod for it or not.. I read the thread on how to do it but may just buy one made...
Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
E.Y. Designs

Definetly find some Rovers The links look great! So I'm assuming you are going to make the chassis CF?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Looks like you are going to need to lower it

Then go to softer springs and outboard the shocks at chassis and axle

Then raise your rear uppers at the axle

Then do the castor mod on the front axle
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Definetly find some Rovers The links look great! So I'm assuming you are going to make the chassis CF?
no i think he is going to make the panels carbon like his creeper
Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post

Well that was quick.. my carbon fiber panel material an cc Bec showed up!

there is your answer
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

No, I have seen the prices for the CF chassis.. this is a "budget" mrc.. Lmao! Got some rovers today off the sale section... 20$ with foams, like new, says the add... Motor showed up today so that's going in place now.. then its ready for electronics to go in.. yeah I was looking at lowering it earlier, maybe a some test runs first, then a limiting strap to get the right ride height. Maybe just run droop in the rear.. wondering were to get ud for it? Anyone? Thinking bout outbourding the front links an shocks but not sure if my steering will clear that way.. yet.. how needed is the castor mod? A huge diff or just a little one? Ok back to work.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
RCC Addict

the castor mod from what i read helps lots, help with climbs and downhills and turning. i have been thinking about it myself just haven't bite the bullet on it yet.
hillbillyrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Well, I have the castor on my front axle back, my servo sits level, compared to most I see on diff threads that are rolled forward, its how I have my 2.2 set up an makes a big diff in the climbs, down hills an turning, plus I have my steering pretty tweaked at this point.. I think.. at this point if I did the castor mod, my wheels would steer left to right at the top of my wheel instead of from the front.. I think... Lol.. I got her moving tonight.. I have wires to shorten an the Bec to wire in yet. I have to figure out what I'm goin to do with the battery placement as well.. she also sits a little lower with all the guys in it..

Pretty good flex at this point.. for not having any weights added to the front or tires to help add sidewall flex or the weight of them alone..

Next will be the decision on how much weight, if I only do a couple-few oz up front an none in the back or if I do 4-5oz up front an 1-2oz in the rear..

Question on the esc.. I'm having problems with my mmp which I didn't have with it before hand, which I have also had with the sidewinder in my rally car.. it goes like Heck in forward but slow in reverse.. anyone else with this issue or know what to do to deal with it?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Is your hh motor timed at 0 degrees or 6 degrees timing cause that would make it slow in reverse fast in forward in motors timing is set at 6 degrees
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
RCC Addict

i really wouldn't say to do they ud mod i would do the od mod because it is easier to do
Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
Is your hh motor timed at 0 degrees or 6 degrees timing cause that would make it slow in reverse fast in forward in motors timing is set at 6 degrees
^what he said

and you might want to check the programming in the esc as well with that castle link
Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Checked an re-checked with the castle link.. re binded my rx an re calibrated the esc.... Then re checked with the castle field link.. will be checking it with a computer tomm..its not the first cc esc I have had this happen too.. works one time then it doesn't. An it stays this way... I'm set at zero on the timing.. it worked fine with the 3 brushless motors I tried in it, then this.. same thing with the sidewinder in my rally car.. was fine.. hooked a new rx(spektrum)up an no reverse... Is it the spektrum rx? Cause I have never had this problem witness one of my fx-r.... Maybe it will be getting the one coming instead of my moa....

Got some testing done today... Working amazing! Pics to follow.. wheels an tires r just mach up.. a little run on my rock pile.. then on my way out I put the stock tires on the mrc pro wheels an tested more..

With no weight, she is a little stiff.. but ready to crawl more.

Was at my best friends 30th today an ran some more... I see this rig been in the top of its class in Sept.. plus more wheel time, lots more!

Last edited by winnerone23; 06-30-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

So she's running crazy lines an real good! Got apme pics.. wheels seem light but I'm just waiting for the rovers an then the aluminum wheels Will go on, doubt ill do much weight... I already have everything up front..

So a little crawl session in order... I don't think I found one scratch on my rear links or my drive shaft... By the time it hits the belly, it rolls right into the wheels.. its pretty sick to watch.. I put the stocks on for more trial an error today.. will post pics later..

Last edited by winnerone23; 07-01-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

So, didn't get pics today, I did get my mmp an my Sct esc fixed today.. hooked the field link up to a computer.. the reverse was set back to default, 50%, on the mmp, an back to 10% an the Sct esc.. all better an fixed now.. the mrc is crawling an reacting pretty sweet, not huge articulation out of it but I have wheels an tires to put on yet an with the added weight it should stay planted an up the articulation as well.. maybe shock an link mounts for the front. Then clocking the chubs some.. all after the rovers go on the aluminum wheels an on the rig an more testing.. I can't see why the 1.9's are dying out, they are sweet! I'm building one for my son an one for the wife.. she likes the micro, But I have parts for A mini.. 3 rigs worth.. just to get everything for my rig..
Old 07-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
E.Y. Designs

I would recommend finding another place to put that battery. If you fell off a ledge ever and landed on a sharp rock you could puncture the battery and blow it up... It's looking great though! How are you liking those tires?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
RCC Addict

yea what he said ^ i put mine on my front links and my electronics are on the side of my trans

and ill make sure to bring more drive shafts to the next comp ;P

wanting a winner... mrc build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanting a winner... build thread winnerone23 Venom Creeper 628 03-25-2014 07:40 PM
WestTxRc MRC Build Thread WestTxRc Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 10-14-2011 09:21 AM
K_P MRC build thread KING_PALM Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 09-23-2011 07:45 AM
Ldogg's MRC Build Thread LDogg Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 47 02-03-2010 03:53 PM
MRC Build thread DareDiver Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 03-16-2009 10:45 AM