RCC Addict

Default NEW SSD Scale Steel Driveshaft

*Scale Steel Driveshaft for Rock / Baja Rey
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 03:21 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NEW SSD Scale Steel Driveshaft

Awesome Iv been using the wraith length for over year and just replaced with the same I will however be ordering the new version as and when ,
The only other part that needs attention and is still in great demand is the front shock tower !
Thank you ssd
On a side note I heard on the grapevine that manufacture of some of your items are made in the uk ? I’m in the uk and it would save time and money if I could purchase them here in the uk ?
Thanks again ssd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:47 AM   #3
SSD
RCC Addict

Yes the Wraith shaft is not a direct fit so we made a Losi specific one.

I will say our shafts are packed with an Axial spec M4 screw pin (2.5mm) so you need to use the stock Losi one (2mm) when fitting.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyg1981 View Post
Awesome Iv been using the wraith length for over year and just replaced with the same I will however be ordering the new version as and when ,
The only other part that needs attention and is still in great demand is the front shock tower !
Thank you ssd
On a side note I heard on the grapevine that manufacture of some of your items are made in the uk ? I’m in the uk and it would save time and money if I could purchase them here in the uk ?
Thanks again ssd

Think Martin @ RCbitz is SSDs 'preferred' reseller. He always carries great stock in the UK
Did you get your Rey back then!?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:43 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
Think Martin @ RCbitz is SSDs 'preferred' reseller. He always carries great stock in the UK
Did you get your Rey back then!?

Ahh yes of course ( good old Martin ) but he didn’t stock the front diff housing for the Rey and heard that it was actually made here ,..kind of annoying after paying tax’s and shipping .

On a lighter note ,....YES !!!!!
I Could not believe it at first and quite weird story ,....

I rang the owner ( and friend) of the local model shop hoping he could put the word out too and he said if I see it you’ll be the first to know ,...
Sure enough some guy contacted him and it was mine he told the lad it was missing and noted as stolen he payed a 100£ for it and wanted that back , the friend payed him 100£ to get it back for me ,...
I get it back minus tx and overlander 3’s battery
So I hook up my other tx absima cr4rt and something is wrong , the monsterX is not working even after recalibration, switching out sensor wire , then switching to a different motor both in good working order before it went missing ,
The front steering geometry was badly damaged also something I initially missed when collecting it from the model shop.

Iv got the Gom now which was my replacement and kind of got me through the tough times lol
But I will get it back sorted again but need to send the esc off to be fixed I think

Old 07-06-2018, 05:58 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thank you ssd
Thanks again ssd

It's quite frustrating to buy a UK made product and have to buy it from the US or Far East to get the best price too. Rcbitz is useful but it's often cheaper to buy from certain stores elsewhere and wait the week for shipping.
mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:58 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ahh yes of course ( good old Martin ) but he didn’t stock the front diff housing for the Rey and heard that it was actually made here ,..kind of annoying after paying tax’s and shipping .

On a lighter note ,....YES !!!!!
I Could not believe it at first and quite weird story ,....

I rang the owner ( and friend) of the local model shop hoping he could put the word out too and he said if I see it you’ll be the first to know ,...
Sure enough some guy contacted him and it was mine he told the lad it was missing and noted as stolen he payed a 100£ for it and wanted that back , the friend payed him 100£ to get it back for me ,...
I get it back minus tx and overlander 3’s battery
So I hook up my other tx absima cr4rt and something is wrong , the monsterX is not working even after recalibration, switching out sensor wire , then switching to a different motor both in good working order before it went missing ,
The front steering geometry was badly damaged also something I initially missed when collecting it from the model shop.

Iv got the Gom now which was my replacement and kind of got me through the tough times lol
But I will get it back sorted again but need to send the esc off to be fixed I think

Well it's awesome you got it back. Saw an 'orange' Rey on eBay this week which made me wonder but it's in mint condition, and brushed (wtf!), so didn't bother pinging you on it.
Good luck with the repairs and looking forward to more pics and vids

Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Crawler cads

Old 07-06-2018, 07:46 AM   #9

A front shock tower would be awesome. That seems to be the part I most frequently break. ThAT driveline looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
fxblflyr is offline   Reply With Quote

NEW SSD Scale Steel Driveshaft - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New SSD Scale Steel Driveshafts SSD Traxxas TRX-4 6 03-29-2020 12:00 PM
New New SSD Scale Steel Driveshafts for 2 Speed SSD Axial SCX10 II 9 06-25-2018 03:09 PM
Scale Steel Driveshaft for Axial Yeti / RR10 donovanchew Axial Yeti 5 08-19-2016 07:08 PM
New SSD Scale Steel Driveshaft SSD Axial Wraith 24 08-13-2016 04:00 PM
New SSD Scale Steel Driveshaft SSD Axial Yeti 9 10-15-2015 12:28 AM