Old 02-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

sulphur, la with a ax10
honcho1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default GTG/Trail

If anyone here is familiar with Baton Rouge, on Highland Rd there is a church called healing place. Right next to it is a canal that ends in a little pond. When it dries up, the whole canal is lined with nice rock, I would say 10lb limestone, and the end of the canal is nice for trail riding. I'm going to go check it out today but I imagine it's really wet with all the rain yesterday. Would be a good place to meet since it is a public parking lot and the canal is state owned. Will give an update later and maybe try to set something up for late this month/next month.

Last edited by zukdogz400; 02-02-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Crazy Coona** cant type
zukdogz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #43

Went out the other day to the spot I was talking about and got a little wheelin done between the rain storms, it was good had fun ran about an hour before my junk front stock driveshaft gave up the goat ( I now have a brand new set of MIP CVD's in it) Like a idiot I forgot the body at my house. Here's some pics of the area, in one of them I think the scaler guys would have some fun.......Heath.
Attached Images

Last edited by newmexicocrawler; 02-04-2011 at 11:32 PM.
newmexicocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Default Found a nice spot

Found an area thats really nice. About 150ft long and 50ft wide. Tons of tricky lines. Had to shut down my run b/c the rear steer was killing my handling. Here's a few pics.

If anyone wants to go give it a try one day, let me know. I'm going to go during the week and clean it up even though it's public land.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexicocrawler View Post
Went out the other day to the spot I was talking about and got a little wheelin done between the rain storms, it was good had fun ran about an hour before my junk front stock driveshaft gave up the goat ( I now have a brand new set of MIP CVD's in it) Like a idiot I forgot the body at my house. Here's some pics of the area, in one of them I think the scaler guys would have some fun.......Heath.
Where is this?
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #46

Quote:
Where is this?
It's in Chalmette
Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #47

where in chalmette im in new orleans and go there often for work
jap042782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Just a heads up for the local people. A few of us are getting together for a rec run in Prairieville, LA. Check Out the thread. Sorry for highjacking!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #49

Quote:
where in chalmette im in new orleans and go there often for work
It is on the entrance road to levee lvp145

For you GPS people
29°59'56.42"N
89°54'57.30"W

For you non GPS people
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #50

My parts have got to be in by next weekend so I am going out there on Sunday if I don't go to the Daytona 500.........Who wants to wheel?
Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexicocrawler View Post
My parts have got to be in by next weekend so I am going out there on Sunday if I don't go to the Daytona 500.........Who wants to wheel?
I might be down with that. I'm waiting on a few parts myself but its all upgrades. After today's run I'm itching to tear something up!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #52

Talking Scale Crawler

Crowley Here With A Wreckluse Scaler Broke Frame The Other Day So Took It Appart Now Repainting And Going Back To A Theme Scaler
douce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by douce View Post
Crowley Here With A Wreckluse Scaler Broke Frame The Other Day So Took It Appart Now Repainting And Going Back To A Theme Scaler
Not too far from us. Let me know if you have any sweet spots and I will PM you when we go. I'm just south of Baton Rouge.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #54
Rock Stacker

I am getting into crawlin an I'm in baton rouge area lookin for some places to go crawlin I have a mrc pro and a mini.
Whop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Whop, sorry I didn't respond faster but we have several places we go to. Normally we are in Prairieville at the hill but we also go to Tickfaw State Park. It,s really nics. You can camp or it is $1 a day to just go out there. PM me when you want to make a run and I will try to get the guys together. Welcome to the sickness!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

Thanks mate. Will do maybe hit me up next time y'all get together I will make it out
Whop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whop View Post
Thanks mate. Will do maybe hit me up next time y'all get together I will make it out
I surly will. It won't be too long we will be getting back out. A few of us have new crawlers to try out too!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Where bouts in prairieville yall run? And is that place scaler friendly, or comp rig teritory? I got both, but i always ask, i didnt have a comp rig for a while there.. Gettin back into the hoby now after a little break from it.. I used to run with Chip in gonzales, about a block off 44 on a canal, not a bad little spot, more a scaler play area than a comp location tho.

Anyway.. Its good to see more people around here in the crawlin scene, and hopefully ill stay in it a while now that im gettin back..
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerbuddy2 View Post
Where bouts in prairieville yall run? And is that place scaler friendly, or comp rig teritory? I got both, but i always ask, i didnt have a comp rig for a while there.. Gettin back into the hoby now after a little break from it.. I used to run with Chip in gonzales, about a block off 44 on a canal, not a bad little spot, more a scaler play area than a comp location tho.

Anyway.. Its good to see more people around here in the crawlin scene, and hopefully ill stay in it a while now that im gettin back..
We run in the open lot across from HWY 42 at airline. It's good for scalers and my comp rig is fun too but easier to get to the top. It isn't a huge spot but for around here, it's about as good as it gets. I'm going to try and get some of the guys together next weekend. Not sure where we will be going but I will let everyone know asap. If you know Chip, then you probably know DeepVee. He will probably be out there. He has a new Wraith to try out!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Im prety sure i know about where that is. I aint far from that spot myself. Wish i was off this weekend if yall do decide to run, i aint run in close to a year now, i reckon its bout time i get back to it. ha..
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote