Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Massachusetts

Notices

Thread: new england, weather getting nice! when we meeting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Lincoln Woods is a great place, plenty of rock formations. Located just north of Providence off RT146 in Lincoln RI

The New Bedford/Fairhaven Hurricane Barrier is an awesome spot, but sorta far away for most folks. Located in Southeastern MA on the way to Cape Cod.

Joe
kona_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2005, 08:04 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

the 16th is a no go for me. (dirt bike races in ct.)

lincoln woods sounds ok but on the edge of to far to drive for crawling , but I will try it at least once. the hurricane place sounds nice, and closer to me.

If it goes down on the 16th, make sure guys get pics etc. and I hope I can hit the next one!
ratmloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

lincon woods sounds like a good place not to bad of a drive. Tthe 16th should be a good date.
mrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default crawlin

Im in Willington CT.I have a Ton of stuff to Crawl on Right in my back Yard. Im about 20mins from Sturbridge MA . I will take some pics of my Crawl spot and post them.
Bigbadwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

RI is a bit too far for me. Anything closer to central MA?
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Unfortunately there are not many “Crawlers” in our neck of the woods. We always have the option of meeting at different locations every month. Perhaps there is a great spot where you crawl, take some pics or videos and post them on RCC to show the other guys and maybe we can head out your way one month.

I only recommended these locations since I’ve crawled there with FullmodTXT and Trac95ker in the past. We are always looking for new places to crawl and new people to crawl with.

Joe
Old 03-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Pachaug sounds nice. I've been there before, there are some pretty good spots in that area. I can do the 16 or 17 of April, as long as it isn't too far of a drive from central CT.

I don't even know if my TLT will be running then. It depends on when Futuba decides to send me my esc back.
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:38 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Pachaug is (probably always will be) cool with me. We've crawled there a few times now. I wouldn't go so far as to say that we have it "all mapped out" but we certainly do know the quick way to a few good spots w/o wasting time now. (although finding the way out can be tricky... yes, Trac95?) There is probably places we haven't even seen yet.
If we can get a few guys at Pachaug on the 16th, then I'll thow in a vote for that. CC, if you do go, perhaps something can be worked out between myself, Trac95, and you for a carpool thing? Aside from the obvious economy benefits, it might also streamline the process and get a few of us to Pachaug at the same time w/o confusion. One less variable to worry about, ya know?
Anybody else for Pachaug on the 16th?
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #29
bandit crawler

I am very resticted for where I can go. I get my licence in june (if i pass the test) plus my truck isn't even done yet. I still need an esc, motors, jumbo kongs and some way to hook up my rear steering. other than that the truck is done for the most part. if anything happens let me know.

brian
Old 03-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #30

That weekend is a no go for me. Maybe next time.
mcattardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:47 AM   #31
bandit crawler

I found a place in pittsfield. the pittsfield state forest. plenty of rocks. but we got to wait for the snow to melt.

brian
Old 03-31-2005, 07:06 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Cool! We expect a scouting report after the snow melts. Maybe we could schedule a monthly run there for May or June.

Joe
Old 04-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Default new

Heres aPart of my Crawlin spot In my yard.It go's on for about 100ft .I have a bunch of courses made .
Bigbadwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #34
bandit crawler

bigbadwhitey, where ya located?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:39 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Banditcrawler, here is a copied portion from a previous post by Whitey:

" Im in Willington CT.I have a Ton of stuff to Crawl on Right in my back Yard. Im about 20mins from Sturbridge MA."
Old 04-03-2005, 09:46 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Default New England crawl: Who is POSITIVELY in?

Hello guys! Just want to get all the details ironed out ahead of time. Right now, looks like Pachaug Forest on the 16th is where it is at. Myself, Kona, Trac95, and maybe CustomCrawler will be attending. Anybody else seriously planning on attending, or have a suggestion (with good detail/pics of of the place!!!)) for crawling somewhere else that is easy for most to get to?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Whitey: in that pic, you area looks good! Can you get any pics or vid that give a more "overall" view of the area? If there is going to be a group of guys getting together for a crawl, there needs to be enough crawling material to keep 4, 5, or however many people BUSY for atleast a few hours/battery packs. Some guys will be driving a few hours, and will surely want to have enough stuff to run on for a full day without getting repetetive or crawling the same spot multiple times.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

I will definatly be going!
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Mrwonderful, glad to be able to count you in! Any idea how far Pachaug is for you? What town are you in again? A link to the website for Pachaug follows:

http://dep.state.ct.us/stateparks/forests/pachaug.htm

It is a cool place, and should be good for a get together with a few new people because a few of us have experience there. We can get right into the good stuff without farting around.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Default Ahh Pachaug

Pachaug is Pretty Cool, even more fun when it's raining!

Pic from last summer...

Joe