Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Massachusetts

Notices

Thread: new england, weather getting nice! when we meeting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Did anyone bring a camera?
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2005, 10:00 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Custom, there was only 4 people!!!! All that talk, and nobody showed except for mrwonderful!!!! Yep, we brought cameras. All the pics that we took will be going on the website that we (Kona, Trac95, and myself) are in the process of putting together. We'll post it soon.
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

It was a ton of fun, even though only 4 people came. Lincoln Park was a great place to go. There were tons of rocks and fun stuff to climb. Ill try to get my pics up soon. Of yeah, i checked out Purgatpry Chasm. Inside the chasm, the rocks were way to big, and above it, there weren't as many as i originally thought. We could go there, but there wouldn't be much point with a place 3x better 20 minutes down the road.
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:02 AM   #84
Pebble Pounder

I had a race so I couldnt go, but I wish I could of made it! Next time I will be there.
ratmloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:06 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Default Lincoln Woods

Hey Guys,

I had a blast! The weather was perfect and so many rocks! I just wish I brought extra knuckles.

I’m working on the video, should have it posted soon.

Joe
kona_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

Here are the pics that i got. It really was a blast. http://lincoln-park.mypicgallery.com/
Old 04-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

I didn't take any pics, but shot some video.

Link to the Video section
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...3961#post83961

Joe
NERCC.net
Old 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #88

Nice pics and video... I noticed immediately the wolcott hobby sticker on the back of the black TXT.. that's where we all go... wish i could have made the lincoln woods get together. Unfortunately sat was out of the question.

Our get together sunday just had four people also. But we had an absolute blast. We're getting together in two weeks and would like nothing more than making two 4 people parties into an 8 person.
CTSavageland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:13 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Great vid!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:20 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

I need big tires! I had a great time too! Hopefully more people will show next time. I know its a pain in the ass to drive far. Once your there, its a blast!

I'm for attending other crawls as long as the dates don't interfere with our monthly crawls. People come from different states to attend. Thats why we go to the areas we've chosen.

I also feel, that some people show interest in attending but for some reason back out. I know people have valid reasons. The summer just started. There are more events to come. Part of me feels like I should'nt attend any other crawls than N.E.R.C.C. if noone is willing to make the effort to show up at our events. The other part of me says , If I go, Maybe that will convince some to attend the next time. It's just frustrating to see 8 pages of posts and then 4 people show. Specially when there is a months notice.

I'll get off my soap box now.
Trac95ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:28 AM   #91
Pebble Pounder

I started this thread and Really wanted to get together, but the date everyone decided on, I had a race. it sucks I couldnt make it this time but what are you gonna do?

looked like fun in the video! I cant wait to run the new stick chassis at a get together!

also KONA- I was goingto start a club up here to have events etc. and just noticed your starting a site. can you pm me or email info on what you guys are setting up?
I can whip us up some custom stickers with the club name and whatever for our r/c and real cars/trucks also.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Trac95, I deal with that same confusion (among others!). I'm leaning towards going to as many crawls as I can this season, within a 3 hour drive. Next summer, my Willys should be ready for the track; so I'll be drag racing most of the time. Once that starts, I will certainly be attending only our own little NERCC crawls, just because of a lack of time. Therefore, I know how it is when some guys can't make it, but we will be having another 6 or maybe 7 NERCC get-togethers this season. So, there is a good chance that the guys who posted and didn't get to this one might make other events.

Ratmloud, the thread certainly did kinda venture off from when you started it. As for the NERCC thing, there is a core of 4 guys (myself, trac95, Kona and his nephew) who have crawled together a few times. We'll save all the details on that for our own little thread and PMs/emails. We're pretty laid back, but we get along very well and agree on all the important stuff.

Last edited by fullmodtxt; 04-19-2005 at 08:34 AM.
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #93
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmodtxt
As for the NERCC thing, there is a core of 4 guys (myself, trac95, Kona and his nephew) who have crawled together a few times. We'll save all the details on that for our own little thread and PMs/emails.
:? so you dont wanna let me know what you guys are setting up for a club? Are you guys keeping it private and/or dont want members?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:52 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmloud
:? so you dont wanna let me know what you guys are setting up for a club? Are you guys keeping it private and/or dont want members?
Trac95ker, FullmodTXT and myself try to get together for crawls at least once a month. We have been discussing starting a club in our area for quite some time now. We had hoped to start something similar to the other clubs here on RCCrawler.

What we are looking at is monthly meets with the locations rotating. This prevents the same members from making the long distances drives every month and gives us new locations for crawling.

You are more than welcome to join us, there's no dues or anything like that.

The sticker idea is great! That would be very cool if you could make some NERCC stickers.

Joe
NERCC.net
Old 04-19-2005, 08:55 AM   #95
Pebble Pounder

My whole idea was to try and get a "club" type setup like the utrcrc guys. they have the best meetings/comps and always post up crazy pics! Thats what we need up here.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:16 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmloud
My whole idea was to try and get a "club" type setup like the utrcrc guys. they have the best meetings/comps and always post up crazy pics! Thats what we need up here.

Then that's what "we" need to do!

Joe
NERCC.net
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

Id love to join NERCC.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #98

Cool video, I'm bummed out that I couldn't make it. I just got my car on the road and am still figuring out what to do with my truck (real). Keep posting in here for the next go around. I'm down but not out!

tetsulo
tetsulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:02 AM   #99
bandit crawler

so when we meeting next?

I'd be interseted in a club too

just got the truck mostly done waiting on parts (gd-600 and tires)