Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: West Michigan Crawling Spots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

A sporty would do alright there, mine did when I still had it. I did have OD gears in the front though. I got an e-mail back from the manager Pete. She said if she let us run there, then she would have to let the kids play on the rocks. I asked who owns the property, I am taking it directly to them and no one else. I have never seen one kid, and to think of it. It is more of a single to senior living place, not small family apts. I am working her hard on the e-mails and being civil as well. She will give in, I will not give up. I fight for my right to crawl.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
A sporty would do alright there, mine did when I still had it. I did have OD gears in the front though. I got an e-mail back from the manager Pete. She said if she let us run there, then she would have to let the kids play on the rocks. I asked who owns the property, I am taking it directly to them and no one else. I have never seen one kid, and to think of it. It is more of a single to senior living place, not small family apts. I am working her hard on the e-mails and being civil as well. She will give in, I will not give up. I fight for my right to crawl.
haha thats great man! i hope it works out because thats the place i like to go to live out my west coast rock fantasys
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARSCIENCE View Post
haha thats great man! i hope it works out because thats the place i like to go to live out my west coast rock fantasys
HAHA, retire and go to the enterence and crawl. Walk down to Mcdonalds and get your senior discount on coffee.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:31 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Not to be a hater, Jeepkid, but remember there is a very fine line between being persistant an harrassing.

But good luck, we all could use a few more cool crawling spots!!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
HAHA, retire and go to the enterence and crawl. Walk down to Mcdonalds and get your senior discount on coffee.
haha right you missed some nice crawling yesterday. i think were going again friday when i get back from chicago.
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
Not to be a hater, Jeepkid, but remember there is a very fine line between being persistant an harrassing.

But good luck, we all could use a few more cool crawling spots!!
Yeah, I know. She said that if I could bring my truck down and show her how we go about running our trucks out there, she would be more then happy to keep an open mind about it. I told her I am in the landscaping buisness and when I'm there, I pull weeds when I see them. Thats the truth, Pete can vutch for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARSCIENCE View Post
haha right you missed some nice crawling yesterday. i think were going again friday when i get back from chicago.
Yeah, I know. You are killing me having fun without me.
Oh well, we will run some gates this weekend and I will see if these FXR's are as smooth as I would like them to be. We'll see, I do like the way it feels as far as control goes.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

just thought i'd throw it out there for ya guys in the area.... there's an RC airplane park just outside of Sparta on 13mile rd, its called the Wolverine Skyhawkes club. They have a good amount of land out there and i'm talking with the club president about maybe getting a small area of it to setup a crawl spot......
ANYONE interested in helping out or think it would work for a crawling area.... basically if you guys liked the crawl spot would you come back often enough to make the time i may put into setting up rocks and other log obstacles worth it?
That Jeep Guy XJMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

has anyone been to the old gypsum plant on Butterworth st in grand rapids, looks like it might be good, if not maybe I can make it out to see
Joe&Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe&Jeep View Post
has anyone been to the old gypsum plant on Butterworth st in grand rapids, looks like it might be good, if not maybe I can make it out to see
Go check it out and lmk
I'd be down to check it out and see what lines are out there. As long as we are allowed out there it would be cool.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Go check it out and lmk
I'd be down to check it out and see what lines are out there. As long as we are allowed out there it would be cool.
I have seen someone come walking out of there a couple weekends ago and had a RC truck in hand, so I know someone been out there for sure, but don't know how legal it was. I also seen people out there on bikes on the hills, and don't see no "no trespassing signs, and believe the city owns it now? when I get a chance I am going out there, well within a week or so.
Joe&Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe&Jeep View Post
I have seen someone come walking out of there a couple weekends ago and had a RC truck in hand, so I know someone been out there for sure, but don't know how legal it was. I also seen people out there on bikes on the hills, and don't see no "no trespassing signs, and believe the city owns it now? when I get a chance I am going out there, well within a week or so.
Get some picks man
Hell, I will PM you my number and we can go from there dude
Old 09-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #52

Default newly reworked scale crawl spot

If anyone is looking for a great spot to rock climb, scale crawl and trail run there is an existing course that has been transformed into more than just rocks to crawl on. There now is trees to weave thru, a dry river bed, bridges, a teeter-totter, and more. It is three times bigger than before. Get in touch with Digger48 and come and see the transformation, I'm sure you will be impressed.
We will start another thread and post pictures soon.
Rockboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #53

Thanks for the info...I'll look him up.
Denney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

anyone wanna do some crawling this week coming up??? i wanna get out and crawl with some ppl!! I'm in sparta..... so anywhere in the surrounding area is cool by me
That Jeep Guy XJMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Jeep Guy XJMJ View Post
anyone wanna do some crawling this week coming up??? i wanna get out and crawl with some ppl!! I'm in sparta..... so anywhere in the surrounding area is cool by me
We may hookup this weekend bro
Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Default nice spots but locations would help?

just wer to find
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweli View Post
So we do not have the best crawling spots around, but I thought I would post some pics of some possibilities.

Please post pics of your spots. Please tell the Street and City it's in so the rest can find it.

I'm in western lower pennisula, Holland Mich.

First up is Grand Haven. Grand Haven state park.
Busy place, but great to go in the morning.
Boardwalk runs from downtown out to the lighthouse at the river mouth, at the state park.
Four shots. Some right at the beach, some further up. Not great, but worth showing.

grave 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grave 1 View Post
just wer to find
First up is Grand Haven. Grand Haven state park.
Busy place, but great to go in the morning.
Boardwalk runs from downtown out to the lighthouse at the river mouth, at the state park.
Four shots. Some right at the beach, some further up. Not great, but worth showing.

That was just above the pictures.

What a fun place too.
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #58

Default Re: West Michigan Crawling Spots

this spot is behind the perrigo building in downtown Allegan, My boy and I recently found out that the middle schools also has some nice runs for running. I will have to get pics of the middle school.

jeepnxj96 is offline   Reply With Quote