Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: micro crawler options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default micro crawler options?

I am going to get a micro crawler so that I can make up some indoor coarses.

I plan on going the scaler route I think.

Since I am new to all this, I only know of the Losi micro & the redcoats sumo.

What are some other option and what are the pros/cos?
evil_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: micro crawler options?

well the losi micro and and the redcats are the same scale so you can easily fabricate parts to interchange between them. a con would be that redcat sumos have no parts support so if you just want axles you can be VERY lucky and find them here or buy a rtr. the only other rtr micro is the QLOnano wich is 1/32 i believe while the losi micro and the sumo are both 1/24.
Mastah Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Losi. That's the best platform to begin with.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I am leaning towards the losi, would also like to see how some of the smaller micros are being built. (Would search but I am on a Kindle and it doesn't like the search bar, kicks me off as soon as I start typing). Where would these threads be found?

*should have been "redcat " not "redcoats " , stupid auto correct!
evil_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yes if you are new pick up a losi NOT a redcat for losi builds go here RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - Losi Micro-Rock Crawler at RCCrawler.com and here is my scaler build Mastah Kyler's Chevy Silverado
Mastah Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
well the losi micro and and the redcats are the same scale so you can easily fabricate parts to interchange between them. a con would be that redcat sumos have no parts support so if you just want axles you can be VERY lucky and find them here or buy a rtr. the only other rtr micro is the QLOnano wich is 1/32 i believe while the losi micro and the sumo are both 1/24.
Mini Qlo is listed as 1/24 and is bigger than all 3. would be best for larger bodies closer to a true 1/18 scale. as far as parts support losi has better aftermarket, but many of those parts also fit the redcat. Neither Losi or Redcat sells micro axles separately so that shouldn't matter. You can buy axles 2nd hand from Ebay but at those price you are much better off buying a complete micro for the trans,wheels,shocks,electronics ect ect , especially if you are just starting out

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_monkey View Post
I am leaning towards the losi, would also like to see how some of the smaller micros are being built. (Would search but I am on a Kindle and it doesn't like the search bar, kicks me off as soon as I start typing). Where would these threads be found?

*should have been "redcat " not "redcoats " , stupid auto correct!
Try using the google search (its better in some cases any way ) its also handy if you use the Taptalk app alot.
Search Results | RCCrawler.com
just follow that link and change the search word to what you are looking for
as a heads up when searching some of the older build threads
Redcat Sumo Micro Crawler = RSMC
Losi Micro Rock Crawler = McRC
Trail Trekker, well usually trekker but officially listed as MC4x4 and a few have used that. should help some. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
yes if you are new pick up a losi NOT a redcat for losi builds go here RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - Losi Micro-Rock Crawler at RCCrawler.com and here is my scaler build Mastah Kyler's Chevy Silverado

Being new to micros shouldn't matter. Neither requires more skill level to build from than the other.
Choose based on Budget, axle width,price, and intended goals.
if its going to be a slow speed crawler the Losi is your best bet because of the worm gears. if you want more speed or more scale appearing axles get the redcat. Regardless of which you choose Lipo is a good first mod for more power and longer run times. (especially on the sumo)
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #7

look at the Losi Trail trekker if you wanna go to a scale looking rig. For crawling go with the losi micro crawler. which ever you go with, go with a droop set up. because the micros are not heavy enough to make the suspension work. i have a micro crawler and i took the springs off and took them apart and took four spring ball point pens apart and used the spring in the shock bodies.
Grinder0613 is offline   Reply With Quote

micro crawler options? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motor options for Micro RC harlequin Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 01-29-2012 09:27 AM
BWD Gunmetal Anodized Micro Vertex Options billet works Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 10-05-2011 10:00 PM
battery options for micro rc crawlers? shaybeer Electronics 0 01-12-2011 07:00 AM
BWD Black Anodized Micro Vertex Options...Limited Time Only!!! billet works Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 33 11-01-2010 05:24 PM
micro motor options ??? fordwheeler Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 34 01-01-2010 09:46 AM