Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: secure sumo body without AA battery holders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default secure sumo body without AA battery holders

Ok so i got my trekker and sumo today.. they are great.. trekker is all set and good to go..

the sumo had the AA (or AAA) battery trays removed for lipo...
great.. but i dont know how to mount the body..

i have to learn.. but his is a xmas present.. the truck runs great.. but i need to know how to mount this body quick...

i have the old battery adapters in the box.. but no screws... guess i need to earch for a manual??

there is a screw on one side of the battery holder but the other side doesnt have one..

so if anyone can help me (dummified) to get this going as I need to get this going for xmas for my 6yr old.. my 12 yr old would understand but i need it functioning for this guy!!!!!

thanks
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: secure sumo body without AA battery holders

ok so my kid needs this thing running.. so i was able to figure it out...

fatboy removed the AA trays but gave them to me... broke the ear off of one side on each... glad there was one left... but no screws...

so today I was out at Walmart xmas shopping...
picked up 2 eye glass repair kits as there was 1 screw in there that looked big enough...

so removed the red ribbon for pulling the batteries out... and replaced it with velcro... in addition i used side cutters to snip the plastic dividers between the batteries...

so now im thinking... one more battery (not this $30 one thouth)... and i can run them in parallel for my lil guy to have more battery life!!!!!!!

future mod.. no time soon [:-P>

whatcha think? Need to trim the velcro some...

sumo velcro mod by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

sumo micro by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr
Old 12-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

What size/kind of battery is that?
KnutKase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnutKase View Post
What size/kind of battery is that?
sorry i didnt see your post...

it is the LOSB9825... i wouldnt pay $30 for it but got it in the trekker, sumo deal i got...
Losi: 7.4V 250mAh LiPo: Micro Rally, SCT, Truggy: Losi (LOSB9825)

now i bought some 350mah 2s lipo batteries.. waiting for them to come in and will see if they fit.. they seem to have the width and height.. are a bit longer.. but if you see there is extra room..

i didnt want to fuss with trying to get batteries on the axles.. this is for my 6yr old so extreme performance isnt key...
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamyrc View Post
I got every performance modd you can think of on my youtube account
No you don't, really if you read any of the threads you are spamming on you would see most of the stuff you are doing has been done before & alot of other mods you don't have on your youtube page....Just sit back, read some threads & please stop bringing up old threads with your same old youtube post
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I wasnt trying to spam, Im new to this and wanted to share what Ive done because not too many people had offered any real advances on the sumo (I looked all over these threads).I didnt realize it would be considered as spamming, my bad for that to any that were offended. Im not trying to get multiple posts or get any rank here, just looking to help other. Amongs them is you, you used my idea of the standard size servo motor for drive motor on the sumo and you even admited to it being a great idea, thanks for mentioning it was my idea by the way. I really dont care to be big in this tread or for anyone to be my best buddy, but honestly just hopeing you guys gave me a chance to show you some options, no need to put me down before even giving me a chance to show you what I had to offer. In any case I realize you changed your mind about me and gave my videos a chance and got some knowledge out of it and glad for that, that was my intention from the beggining, at least one of you guys got some benefit.
Gamyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I am sorry you felt that way Gamy..Just got annoying seeing the same post on all the sumo threads, even the dead ones

Welcome to the forum & that was a great find for the sumo motor swap my son loves the new power in his rig..

I don't know if you have seen any of these threads but I have been modding sumo's since they first came out...I got a major problem with micro rc's

Crazy power:
Power?

& the rig that setup is in:
SaNdLux.

One of the first sumo's I modded:
Little Focker- Micro FOFF-Test Vid-

Not done with this one yet but it should be a monster:
Southern fried with westcoast flavor.

axle & trans mod here:
Micro Wraith Axles

Multi axle sumo in the works:
DoS OcHo's

Those are just a few of mine & there are some other guys on here that have some killer mods on the sumo as well so your not alone
That was why I mentioned you should read up a bit more before posting in all those threads..So I hope I didn't offend you by calling you a spammer, after all we have the same love for the sumo so your OK in my book

-Don
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Its cool, I was just like man this dude needs anger management! You know Ive seen some of your builds before not even realizing it was you, you got some skills, but damn why you make is hard for us to replicate! Those tube chassis are awesome! Well, its good to know theres more hardcore people out there doing crazy stuff, I was always trying to stick to modding for the budget sumo owner, thats why most of my modds revolve around existing equipment like keeping stock esc and finding biggest motor for it, and finding best asticulation for stock chassis,etc. But Im gona need to step it up and also have some stuff for the real modders out there like you do!
Gamyrc is offline   Reply With Quote

secure sumo body without AA battery holders - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do u secure the bed? Physical Terrorist Axial SCX-10 4 08-07-2011 11:32 AM
How To Secure Headlight Buckets md7989 Axial SCX-10 6 02-06-2011 07:25 AM
help finding twinforce battery holders Rockthrasher Kyosho Crawlers 3 02-17-2006 08:53 PM
stock clod chassis battery holders FLATLINE_curious Tamiya Clod Buster 7 11-27-2004 04:11 PM