Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: parts availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default parts availability

Ok, finished my Wraith this summer, now i want a micro. I have been doing my research and it apears that aftermarket parts are sold out everywhere. I dont want to get started on something only to find out i can't get anything for it. I seem to jump in hard when i build something and the lack of parts scares me. So, is everything just sold out to be replenished or did i just miss the bus and the micro ride is over ?
Dfl4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: parts availability

Im pretty sure its because of the holidays. normally theres parts available, but they should be in stock after the holidays. Evan the whole cars them selves are pretty limited since alot of people are buying them for gifts and stuff.
dirtbikekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Cool, thanks. That's kinda what i was hoping. I was a little concerned that maybe parts were being discontinued like i read the cars are. Thanks for the reassurance.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Your welcome! What are you looking to get?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Probably Trekker. I like the 1/24 scale . My main concern is wheels. Gotta have good aluminum wheels. Can fan most anything else.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Whoops, fab . Stoopid smartphone.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Good choice, I love my trail trekker. check out this section and the stickies in it for good tips and stuff RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - Losi Micro-Rock Crawler at RCCrawler.com
Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Yeah, I've been going through lots of posts. I have a pretty good idea of what i want to do. Like use my 4PL with maybe Castle ESC. As long as I know parts are still being made, i can be patient till they become available. I'm pretty sure i can have some fun with some easy mods and adjustments. Its just hard to resist some sweet axles even though i don't "need" them ! I just seem to go overboard with everything. Thats the hobby part for me.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

so your going for a brushless setup? I have one in mine and i really like it. Tons of torque! if you want here is a thread on it My brushless trail trekker What are you planning on doing? unless its a secret
Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Not sure about brushless yet, my wraith mamba max with pro4 and it is a beast. I was thinking of the esc for the tuning and use my 4PL. No secrets here. I need all the info from everyone here to help me decide what i want. Thats what's great about this site, everyone has awesome idea's and is willing to share. Take a little here and a little there plus your own ideas and you endup with something cool and unique.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

oh here are some aluminum wheels on ebay but you also can get the danally wheels which are plastic but work really well. Hot Racing Losi Micro Crawler Aluminum Beadlock Wheels BLW31682 | eBay .
Old 12-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I just watched your video and you got hella control on that thing ! I did not expect that from brushless. My wraith does ok but by no means perfect for crawling. Your setup looks awesome and was very inexpensive. You just made up my mind for sure. I may get a mamba though just because i like it in my wraith but man, the price is right on that one !
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Yea its a really good setup. I might get the 10 gram motor they have just because there so cheap but that's a maybe. It is really worth the little work it takes and you end up with breaking parts type of torque. Its a really capable rig to. My sister has a redcat racing sumo crawler and what the struggles on mine doesn't even break a sweat. also you don't have to worry about heat issues. I ran it for and hour just doing full pulls with weight on the truck and a slipper i was puling and motor got to 107 and esc got to 107 to i think and that was almost full throttle strait. If you think about getting it do it.

parts availability - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts availability Maxx_Savage Venom Creeper 7 06-13-2013 02:23 PM
Parts availability turboed13b Tamiya XC/CC01 6 03-20-2013 05:23 AM
Parts Availability stewbaru EnRoute Berg 10 08-29-2012 11:15 AM
Last minute parts availability? BlueMonster Competitions 12 05-12-2008 12:17 AM
replacement Parts availability ????? T-Man General Crawlers 2 08-12-2005 10:44 AM