Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Problems with kkpmo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #1

Default Problems with kkpmo

Kkpmo is the only supplier for micro gears that fit the 130 motors, at least the only one I know of. I have a predator motor that I need pinions for, without them my Trail Trekker is basically out of commission.

I ordered a couple of pinions January 3rd, almost 3 months ago. I haven’t received anything. I contacted them a couple of times in February but they never responded, and again this month (March), still no response. I don’t want to open up a case on PayPal, I’d rather them just send me what I ordered but they aren’t answering my e-mails.

Has anybody had any problems with kkpmo before? What should I do?
noel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Problems with kkpmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel2 View Post
Kkpmo is the only supplier for micro gears that fit the 130 motors, at least the only one I know of. I have a predator motor that I need pinions for, without them my Trail Trekker is basically out of commission.

I ordered a couple of pinions January 3rd, almost 3 months ago. I haven’t received anything. I contacted them a couple of times in February but they never responded, and again this month (March), still no response. I don’t want to open up a case on PayPal, I’d rather them just send me what I ordered but they aren’t answering my e-mails.

Has anybody had any problems with kkpmo before? What should I do?
Well they are manufacturers not suppliers, but it still shouldn't take that long. I ordered $70 worth of transmission and misc gears on January 21st and it arrived a month later. While this won't help with your existing order I wouldn't bother with the price and wait times for just pinion gears from them.
Just get some brass Losi micro or micro heli pinion gears and drill them out from 1.5mm to 2mm. Preferably on a drill press, but I've always done it by hand.
A 12 tooth pinion definitely works, but on some I've managed to get an 11T to work. 10T is a bit to small and would probably become weak with a 2mm hole

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I've just ordered a couple of pinions and main gear yesterday, hopefully they will eventually turn up...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jimbo_wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I’ve placed three separate orders with them and received all within 3-4 weeks no issues at all
cleanandserenesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Btw if you're using a 130 big block and Losi transmission the smallest you may be able to use is 17T, maybe 16T with some mods. If you use a 11T the pinion won't reach the spur because of the motor can size

Last edited by spoo76; 03-24-2018 at 01:37 PM.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Btw if you're using a 130 big block and Losi transmission the smallest you may be able to use is 17T, maybe 16T with some mods. If you use a 11T the pinion won't reach the spur because of the motor can size

Yeah I ordered a 16t and a 14t if I feel like shaving the tranny a bit for lower gearing.

Thanks for the tip on Heli pinions I’ll try that out. I guess I’ll probably just open a case on PayPal and get munchies money back, I will contact them one last time though.
noel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

My order turned up today - 2 weeks and great quality too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jimbo_wa is offline   Reply With Quote

Problems with kkpmo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just went out to the track for the FIRST TIME. Problems Problems Problems flyingrc Non Crawler RC's 4 07-23-2012 10:19 PM
little problems goinapesheet Team Losi Comp Crawler 8 09-20-2011 05:37 AM
ax-2 problems nhtoyotawheeler Electronics 6 03-17-2011 08:17 PM
A Few problems crawlitreal Axial XR10 6 10-03-2010 10:53 PM
Problems problems problems hope it's worth it in the end TJcreeperJEEP Venom Creeper 9 12-22-2009 04:54 PM