Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: About time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: About time.

I am really surprised micros arent more popular given how bad winters can be. I have times I barely want to even walk to my car in the winter for several weeks straight. Micros are perfect for the house when its bad outside.
kennebell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennebell50 View Post
I am really surprised micros arent more popular given how bad winters can be. I have times I barely want to even walk to my car in the winter for several weeks straight. Micros are perfect for the house when its bad outside.
While I love my micros, it can't substitute getting out and walking on a trail with my rig. But micros do offer some fun time when I want to stay indoor.

I already plan to get one of these new Axial trucks for my son... And probably one for me too
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerticusPryme View Post
Omg you are not wrong. I can count the number of micros that got released and within months had zero aftermarket parts and were discontinued. It really is a niche market and if you don't hit it just right its gonna fail and fail hard.
I'm amazed to see that Horizon is still selling all parts for the ECX Barrage 1/24. It seems to be a favorite truck, and I hope it does not fall into the Horizon discontinued bin.
Xrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:00 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quick FYI: My LHS said they have a bunch of parts and clear bodies on order for these trucks - looks like this is going to be awesome! The trucks are $150 Canadian, which is what I expected.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Having gotten into this hobby just a few years ago, I was disappointed to find the mini/micro offerings so sparse. I've wanted to find a smaller rig to throw into the trunk of the Waverunner so I have something to play with on the islands while the girl is sunbathing (which bores me to everlovin' tears).

My personal experience with the WPL crap has been less than stellar...so I'm hopeful this guy will fill that niche for me.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Billy Rob View Post
1/18 would make it a mini, not a micro. Micros are 1/24 or smaller, as per this forum at least. Personally I’m glad it’s a 1/24 scale. Finally a decent micro to replace the Losi. With all the wpl trucks flooding the forum I think people have forgotten what a micro really is, or that at one time there was actually a good micro scene going on here until Losi discontinued the trail trekker. At that time there was a good aftermarket scene as well, you just had to look. I’d rather be optimistic than skeptical about Axials new release. I’m hoping it’s just what’s needed to revive the micro scene.
lets be real here, per the form hardly seems to apply as there isn't a mini rock crawling forum. That's why most of the posts we see on this sub-forum are the WPL trucks.. which are 1/16 scale, and even further from micro. I'd argue that the RC4WD trucks at 1/18 would fit here better than the WPL trucks!

I'm all for Axial entering this truck scene. I won't get one myself as I got way to many alternatives already and not enough money invest in ANOTHER one.. but I also agree with many of us, that a 1/18 wraith would have had a much larger impact on the market. I'd sell off half my smaller scale fleet for one of those straight from a name brand manufacturer I've liked.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:22 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I’d sell off some 1/10s to fund a couple of years proper 1/18 crawlers.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:15 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post

I’d sell off some 1/10s to fund a couple of years proper 1/18 crawlers.
I've also realized that I'm having more fun with the micro crawlers than the 1.9 crawlers.
Xrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

I'm not sold yet but as soon as someone shows me a lightly modified one that doesn't look like it's bouncing like a leaf in the wind over the terrain, I'm in. I want a travel-size solution to scratching the crawler itch while on the road for work.
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:31 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

People say they want 1/18, but Axials larger than true 1/18 JR line didn't seem to sell well. The 1/24 crawler scene is bigger than ever, it's just not on this forum like it once was. There's more wheels, tires, small run parts from people and more RTR 1/24 crawlers than ever before and people have wanted an axial 1/24 long before the Yeti JR. IMO it made sense and shuts up the people saying they never make anything new.

It's also worth mentioning the wheel base is 3mm longer than the RC4WD mini Gelande, and the track width is in between the Losi trail Trekker and the Barrage/RGT/FTX, CR-24,Sumo so its closer to a true 1/18 than the Axial JR line

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedacri View Post
that doesn't look like it's bouncing like a leaf in the wind over the terrain,
Yeah, I plan to get two, but I really do want to see how it slow crawls. If it can crawl like the cr-24, then I'm sold. I really hope some more videos come out before they ship.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Default About time.

Looking forward to this offering. Been impressed with the Proline Mini Ambush and hope that the Axial SCX24 will compare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fookison; 05-18-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Fookison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Glad I got my pre order in, looks like the first batch is already back ordered

Old 05-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Glad I got my pre order in, looks like the first batch is already back ordered

I ordered in red, you?

Fookison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Well, I ordered both green and red. My son can pick the color he likes more looking forward to these!
Old 05-18-2019, 05:17 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fookison View Post
I ordered in red, you?

Green

Old 05-18-2019, 05:19 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
Well, I ordered both green and red. My son can pick the color he likes more looking forward to these!
I was tempted to get 2 since I like what I see in pictures, but I'm sure I'll get more later haha. Hopefully the CR-18 gets released soon, I'm hearing some good things about performance and bodies

Old 05-28-2019, 08:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
While I love my micros, it can't substitute getting out and walking on a trail with my rig. But micros do offer some fun time when I want to stay indoor.

I already plan to get one of these new Axial trucks for my son... And probably one for me too
I take both my Coyote Pup and Basha Rocksta on the trails. I do have to pick up the Rocksta quite often though.
MrSquiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSquiggles View Post
I take both my Coyote Pup and Basha Rocksta on the trails. I do have to pick up the Rocksta quite often though.
Now that both my son and I have Scx24's on the way, I suspect we'll be taking these out of the house a lot more than I expected
Old 05-28-2019, 09:19 PM   #40

Yes!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
MrSquiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

About time. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
House hunting time! (pause the RC time) johnnyluv Chit Chat 7 09-21-2018 12:32 PM
Just introducing myself. Long time racer, first time crawler. Hinecken Newbie General 15 01-17-2015 05:19 AM
Long time lurker, first time posting Nvghostrider Axial SCX-10 51 07-02-2013 03:40 PM
maybe now ill spend less time on the lid and more time on the rubber evan03 Axial Wraith 2 02-18-2013 08:08 PM
Its motor time!!And esc time as well,,,,ADVICE PLZ Speed Metal Army RC4WD Bully 11 03-15-2010 10:23 PM