Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: SCX24 Chassis Rail Options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2022, 04:38 PM   #21

Default Re: SCX24 Chassis Rail Options

Ended up going with the Yeah Racing graphite rails for my build. I CA'd the edges and installed them to make sure my build will go as planned.

In my opinion I think that the Yeah Racing rails may be one of the best and cheapest upgrades for the SCX24. Like any properly braced graphite rail will, they eliminated a lot of flex.
_e_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2022, 11:43 AM   #22
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by _e_w_ View Post
Ended up going with the Yeah Racing graphite rails for my build. I CA'd the edges and installed them to make sure my build will go as planned.

In my opinion I think that the Yeah Racing rails may be one of the best and cheapest upgrades for the SCX24. Like any properly braced graphite rail will, they eliminated a lot of flex.
You CA'd the edges, that's very cool. I've always done that on my carpet racing cars. Not only for strength but because it looks cool as hell and nobody else does it. lol I also sand, round, and polish the edges prior to the CA step which makes them super glossy and smooth.
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 04:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
You CA'd the edges, that's very cool. I've always done that on my carpet racing cars. Not only for strength but because it looks cool as hell and nobody else does it. lol I also sand, round, and polish the edges prior to the CA step which makes them super glossy and smooth.

So that's how you get the edges to look good. Mine look like crap.

I did it in my racing days as well and my understanding is CA'ing the edges seals them so they don't de-laminate. Weird that no one does it anymore.

Your skid plate looks good.
_e_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 05:02 PM   #24
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by _e_w_ View Post
So that's how you get the edges to look good. Mine look like crap.

I did it in my racing days as well and my understanding is CA'ing the edges seals them so they don't de-laminate. Weird that no one does it anymore.

Your skid plate looks good.
Yeah, the sanding makes the edges look dark black and round. Then after you put on the CA, you wet sand with 2000 grit till it shines. Everybody loves the way that it looks but doesn't have the patience to do it, even though they know it'll protect their chassis. lol

Here's the guide I followed:

https://teamcrc.com/tech-smooth-chassis-preparation/

Thanks!
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX24 Chassis Rail Options - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel and tire options for the SCX24 chino Micro Scale Rigs 21 07-05-2021 09:56 PM
SCX24 fender rub...upgrades/lift options MicroZR2 Micro Scale Rigs 23 12-27-2020 06:41 AM
Scx24 Wheel Options? grey_goat Micro Scale Rigs 3 05-18-2020 04:19 AM
Scx24 Front Overdrive Options? TheCourier Micro Scale Rigs 9 04-29-2020 04:49 PM
Scx24 motor and gearing options kizzer49 Electronics 0 04-29-2020 04:02 AM