Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Hot Racing LCG Chassis Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2022, 12:06 PM   #1
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Default Hot Racing LCG Chassis Build

I'm starting to like the way this looks....
Attached Images

JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2022, 01:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hot Racing LCG Chassis Build

I like how that looks as well.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:46 PM   #3

Wow man that’s nice and low. Maybe even lower than the warthog? What parts are you using? Details!
Alaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:26 PM   #4
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
Wow man that’s nice and low. Maybe even lower than the warthog? What parts are you using? Details!
Well, right now it's just resting on the links because I don't have the shocks on it. It won't sit that low when it's built. In general, I think that it will sit just like the Warthog, however with these big tires it won't need to be quite so low. Since I just got the tires in yesterday I decided to throw them on to see how it looked. I wasn't sure if I would like the big tires but so far I do.

In the photo: Hot Racing LCG chassis and chassis specific (155mm) link set. SSD wheels and Little Guy Racing Parts Trail King M/Ts tires. Chassis currently held together by MOFO braces but I think I'm going to design and print my own parts similar to the Warthog but with a new minimalist theme.
Old 03-06-2022, 10:20 PM   #5

Keep us posted
Alaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:36 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Well, right now it's just resting on the links because I don't have the shocks on it.
In other words, you were just "teasing" us...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:28 AM   #7
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
In other words, you were just "teasing" us...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Well, I do feel bad for that. However, and for what it's worth, it can certainly sit that low with the shocks on. Plus, with the flat skid and the extra clearance that it affords, running it that low wouldn't be much of a compromise. I'll do the best that I can to make it happen!
Old 03-07-2022, 08:13 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Well, I do feel bad for that. However, and for what it's worth, it can certainly sit that low with the shocks on. Plus, with the flat skid and the extra clearance that it affords, running it that low wouldn't be much of a compromise. I'll do the best that I can to make it happen!

I would try to at least. If only oil filled shocks with no springs.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:05 AM   #9
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
I would try to at least. If only oil filled shocks with no springs.
I hear ya. I would have to remind you all though that while I agree with you that it looks very cool (that's why I like that photo so much) and will be killer for side hilling, having the chassis that low compromises climbing ability. Here's why I say that. (FWIW I could certainly be wrong)

When you have the shocks laid completely down to get that low ride height, it allows them to extend fully during climbs which lets the front and rear rise up dramatically raising the cg. So, I propose a compromise of some sort. Since the chassis is on the links I'd raise it about 5mm or so till the links sit level. I'll still be happy with that given that I have that much from the flat skid. Hopefully I can find a suitable position for the shocks that has them sit at mid extension or, if it's even possible, limit the shock travel a bit.

I experienced this first hand on the Warthog build. It was killer at just about everything but it would barely climb vertically till I re-positioned the shocks up higher which limited the travel.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:25 PM   #10
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Final version of the flat skid installed. Servo mount installed. Links installed. New upper front links built and installed. TB motor installed. The new upper front links gave me a much better driveshaft angle and the caster is greatly improved as well. TB motor clears the links fine at the skid but still hits the uppers at full compression, just like with the stock skid. Pics of before and after driveshaft angle and caster, links, motor clearance.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2022, 02:25 PM   #11
JC3
Quarry Creeper

I was going to run a servo that I had lying around, the Reefs 99, but the damn wire is so stiff that it would never work on the light weight front end. I mean the wire barely flexes. So, I went ahead and pre-ordered the NSDRC RS100. Hopefully that will be better. Supposed to ship next week so the timing is right.
Attached Images

Hot Racing LCG Chassis Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 81 02-10-2023 06:16 AM
Hot Racing LCG SCX10 trans SCREAMER Axial SCX-10 7 09-14-2016 03:15 PM
hot racing lcg tranny toka100 Axial SCX-10 3 11-21-2012 03:45 AM