Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: OS's TRX4M's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2023, 09:49 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default OS's TRX4M's

I've gotten sucked into the mini world. Perfect trucks for camping, I just toss them in a little bin and keep it in the camper.

So far I'm two in - started with a Defender, and just picked up a bronco a few weeks ago.

The Defender is now built as my trail rig, keeps the stock gearing for exploring around the campsite. Not too much on it yet, but I keep tinkering. Cheap amazon brass kit, stock tires with TRX beadlocks, and a Holmes 87t motor. I pulled apart the body and gave it a re-spray and added the light kit. I had a heck of a time trying to detail it - these things are small!

Of course, I had to grab the trailer too. Might mod it to pull the Bronco eventually.

The Bronco is set up for crawling on those occasional rocks and washouts I find at the campsite. Low range gearing, Holmes 66t motor, new wheels and tires, cheap amazon brass, and I have new bumpers en-route with a bit more clearance than stock.

I have a few sets of larger tires that I ordered before I knew what I was doing, and a Tarantula kit here to mess with eventually.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2023, 04:31 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: OS's TRX4M's

Good looking color combo on the defender. Welcome to the big world of the small things :-)

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
Ynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:10 AM   #3
Go Buckeyes!

Welcome to the land of the mini's!

That is a good looking pair of small rigs! Love the color of the Bronco. I almost picked up a spare Bronco body in the Area 51 color.

These are fun little rigs that closely resemble their bigger 1/10 brothers in driving experience. Easily packable and fun to drive.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:54 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Good looking rigs and as you've noted they are easy to store/transport in a tub with lid in amongst camping gear. I picked up a second red Bronco body last week.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 06:37 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Went out camping this weekend, and took some of the minis. Set up the Bronco as my crawler, with some cheap amazon brass, low range gears, bearings, Holmes 66t motor and some grippy tires. Really impressed with this platform, it's very smooth at low end, and crawls just like it's bigger brothers.

Lots of leaves, I really couldn't drive the Defender since it was so...leafy, so my daughter and I took the crawlers (Bronco and my SCX24) and looked for a place to crawl.

We found a pile of rocks on the driveway, so we did some "real world Minecraft" and built ourselves a little 1/18 crawler course.

Made a little loop up, over, and back down. Had a blast, my little one is a very jerky driver, but after a few tries we got the hang of it and made it look easy.

So impressed with this truck... again, it takes me a few minutes to get in the zone for a mini, but once I do it is the perfect little camp truck. Actually thinking about a third one so the whole family can play. That little high trail is very, very tempting.

And since the kids live in a digital world, we of course had to make a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqMAwnT23s

Last edited by OSRC; 10-10-2023 at 07:11 AM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:43 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

So cool! Looks like a great spot for the mini's!

Headed over to the Tube to check out the vid.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote

OS's TRX4M's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OS's Gatekeeper OSRC Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 25 12-27-2020 11:25 AM
OS's TRX6 OSRC Traxxas TRX-4 22 11-03-2020 12:27 PM
OS's SMT10 OSRC Mega/Monster Trucks 5 07-20-2020 08:32 AM
OS's XR OSRC Axial XR10 21 11-09-2011 08:39 PM
OS's Creeper OSRC Venom Creeper 8 11-07-2011 10:06 PM