Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: Battle at the border pics & results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #21
Donkey Punch Champion!

BOOHOO! Casey can drive, no matter WHAT RIG. Don't you guys see that? He has tried more rigs and more setups then ANYONE who runs with MNRCRC. So now we need to limit our rigs, or keep them RTR's to stay in competition with each other? I don't think so. Step up your game guys. LEARN MORE, ask more questions, see what the other guys are doing. We all know there will be somebody with more money into theirs then yours. That's ok. Keep driving and tuning the wheels off YOUR RIG and quit crying, you don't have what he has.

I got a $10 challege for ANYONE interested. I say Casey can take YOUR rig and beat you with it. Anyone wanna try?
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #22
Donkey Punch Champion!

And one more thing. Build a scaler. You will have fun with it. This will keep you interested in the whole Crawling side of RC. If you cry too much about the competition side, you will loose interest in it all together.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post

This is going to be an issue......... But, I do feel it would help attract and keep new people to the sport.
It's not scareing me away, I know I don't have the best rig, but I have the most fun... and I am the top Creeper LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
BOOHOO!

I got a $10 challege for ANYONE interested. I say Casey can take YOUR rig and beat you with it. Anyone wanna try?
Casey want to try a creeper...lol this thing handles diiferant than anything he has run in awhile,that might be interesting

But agree that exper. and knowing your rig, casey takes the prize for that. those top guys put in the hrs on the rocks, of course they will do better.

I could maybe see a pro class, say anyone in the top 10 from previous series can qualify. They can decide if they want to run pro. This might keep people fighting for spots in the second half of the season, too be qualified for pro in the spring, therefore haveing aq chance to qualify for nats from pro class. better attendance for the second half of season...

No dig, or stock class... not sure I like that idea, if 1.9's are any clue of what could happen, we won't have any competeters after the first yr.
No one WANTS a stock rig, not for a comp anyways

no dig, limited suspension,and full body....Sounds like scaler class to me

blah,blah,blah , sorry to run on , just my 2 cents ( or dime )

TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #24
Web Wheeling

Course 1 was a very poor design in my opinion. The last 4 gates were easier then the first 4 gates. I enjoyed the second course, I was able to get half way through that one... I don't care if I finish, but I want to at least progress through a few gates before I point out.

I am seeing our club going in the same direction racing has gone... All the new guys will quickly get turned away, and even some of the members who have been in it for awhile. Keep going like we are and expect numbers to drop. We should keep the hard courses like we had at this past comp for the finals.

As for the scalers, nobody even wants to stay to run them anymore. People are getting burned out on competing and taking the game to serious. Taking the fun out of the hobby.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
blah,blah,blah , sorry to run on , just my 2 cents ( or dime )

I still have 4 cents left.....

Maybe split into MOA and shafty classes, but where do you draw the line. It is the evolution of the sport, things are supposed to get better, who knows what the top rigs will be next yr or the yr after that. Its changing so fast, even as a newbie I can see that, so how do you keep up. Change the rules every yr, I don't think that would be a good idea.
How would all of this effect nats invites they are still 2.2 right. The nats need to change too, that would open the door for alot of shafties again

maybe a poll on if we should split the MOA/SHAFTY's next yr?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #26
Web Wheeling

Doesn't matter if its moa or shaft, look at the results and who drives what.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
I am seeing our club going in the same direction racing has gone... All the new guys will quickly get turned away, and even some of the members who have been in it for awhile. Keep going like we are and expect numbers to drop. We should keep the hard courses like we had at this past comp for the finals.

that is exactly what happens here in vegas. we've got 10 guys with $1K+ MOA rigs that compete regularly, because everyone new that shows up with a stock or close to it rig basically gets scared off. thats why we're working on a "class 1" to bring a level of competition to the entry level rigs. im bringing my class 1 rig up to MN with me this week, its also my rock racer, i swap from a 27t to a 35t between classes.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Doesn't matter if its moa or shaft, look at the results and who drives what.
IMO the results from last comp. were not typical of what we normally see.
those courses messed with just about everyone.

I liked it...
Old 08-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
BOOHOO! Casey can drive, no matter WHAT RIG. Don't you guys see that? He has tried more rigs and more setups then ANYONE who runs with MNRCRC. So now we need to limit our rigs, or keep them RTR's to stay in competition with each other? I don't think so. Step up your game guys. LEARN MORE, ask more questions, see what the other guys are doing. We all know there will be somebody with more money into theirs then yours. That's ok. Keep driving and tuning the wheels off YOUR RIG and quit crying, you don't have what he has.

It's limp.....you can spit it out now..

Quote:
And one more thing. Build a scaler. You will have fun with it.
Yes, you should try it sometime after you graduate from kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
Maybe split into MOA and shafty classes
It is a non-point.....

Nothing about crying or who can drive jackasses...
The KEY that seems to start being forgot on a regular basis is that the technical end of it is slipping. It turns into what can this "new" rig can do courses and the rest get stuck sucking on it. Remember when dig came out? You saw more and more dig courses, but EVERYONE could run the courses could they not?

Do you not see numbers slipping? why is that? it has nothing to do with MOA/Shafty, it's about setting up a course that is able to be run by anyone in the CLUB ..... Not "lets see what we can do today", that's called practice.

Heaven forbid you think about the average guy first. You know the new guy who just got into it and don't have assloads to start with. You know the ones that shows just wants to LEARN. HTF do verticals on every other gate teach anyone anything? Oh, that's right you have to make it a bit more technical..

The Open and am classes just might be the way to go.. But someone would have to get a set of nuts to make a solid motion to do it..... As far as judging goes, am guys judge the am guys ect ect....see simple, and I bet they'd learn how to judge don'tchya think??
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I dont want to see classes split between MOA and shafty. Yeah I pick on the MOA guys all the time but its all in good fun. Getting beat just makes me try harder. The shafty will prevail.

Casey is as good as he is because he has talent and he puts a lot of time and effort into crawling. It isn't because he's got the latest and greatest MOA rig.

Last year it was Gary, this year it's Casey, next year could be anybody but TJB. It's never going to change.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #31
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
It's limp.....you can spit it out now..

I bet you say that alot...lay off the Monster's and Marlboro's.

Yes, you should try it sometime after you graduate from kits

Those KITS are what got the Newbies here...including yourself!

The KEY that seems to start being forgot on a regular basis is that the technical end of it is slipping.

How is that? The rigs are much more capable now then even a year ago. So the rigs become hitech and you want to make them antique's?

It turns into what can this "new" rig can do courses and the rest get stuck sucking on it.

No your wrong again Jay. The reason for the harder courses is due to the EXPERICENCED drivers always setting up the course. The courses need to be a challenge, otherwise it is practice. Those drivers setting up the gates look at stuff and think, yes it works or no it won't. I know with Supers, I set up a few and ran it first. It was a group consenus that it wasn't going to work and gates were moved.

Remember when dig came out? You saw more and more dig courses, but EVERYONE could run the courses could they not?

NO, they couldn't. They just bought new rig's or parts to make a dig.

Do you not see numbers slipping? why is that?

Well, let's try...

The Economy SUCKS!
People have personal lives.
Prior obligations.
Their significant other says no...you know that one Jay.

it's about setting up a course that is able to be run by anyone in the CLUB .....

That sounds like practice to me.

"lets see what we can do today", that's called practice.

No, Silly. Practice is what you do on YOUR OWN TIME!!

Heaven forbid you think about the average guy first. You know the new guy who just got into it and don't have assloads to start with. You know the ones that shows just wants to LEARN. HTF do verticals on every other gate teach anyone anything? Oh, that's right you have to make it a bit more technical..

I call complete Bu!!sh!t here too! How many of the people who show for a comp are the ones who post on this site. Anything, Hello's...here's what I did threads...I am working on this...I found a great new spot to crawl... There is only a select few of the MNRCRC who actually are involved other then Sunday morning when we all meet up. This is starting to fail cause the ones who DO WORK are tired. I know some of you drive further then others...THANK YOU! However, those "average guys" are the ones we need to encourage. Besides Mike and Amber, who has said "I'll judge today"? If we are a collected group then let's hammer it home to the newbies...NO FREE RIDES. Everyone helps out.

The Open and am classes just might be the way to go.

B.S. again! The previous rant talks about those who are involved and are working. They are tired, they need the break. NO SPLITTING of the 2.2 class this only adds MORE WORK!

But someone would have to get a set of nuts to make a solid motion to do it.....

Ask your wife for yours back. They were in her purse last I heard.

As far as judging goes, am guys judge the am guys ect ect....see simple, and I bet they'd learn how to judge don'tchya think??

NO.
Your turn.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #32
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Your turn.

now you..:-P
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #33
Donkey Punch Champion!

Ok, your turn.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #34
Debunking old stereotypes

IMO, some newbies seem up for the challenge of tough courses, while some newbies are probably turned off by them. I think the gates should be toughest at the end of the course and not the beginning. If it were my First ever comp, I think I'd be upset if I drove for 2 hours and couldn't progress past gate 2.
I don't really think it's got as much to do with the rig, or how much $ you have into it, as much as practice practice practice. The guy that dominates seems like they also have the most practice time in on the rocks, seems logical.
I'm personally not in favor of any more classes being added, as Baller said, more classes, more work.
IMO the drop in attendance probably has many factors, Baller mentioned most of them. For me it's time constraints, and to be honest, some Taylors Falls burnout, and the fact that crawlings gone from sideline hobby (fun) to mainstream (serious), and now days if you want to compete on a national level, you have to be more dedicated to the hobby then I have the time for, I'm just not close enough to a good practice spot, nor do I have the time. I still plan on crawling when time allows, I still have a good time hanging with you rc fags, and I'll hit a couple national/regional events once and a while to visit some of the other rc fags I'm met from around the US, but it's doubtful that I'll ever have the time and dedication it takes to compete on a national/world's level.
I'm still proud of the MNRCRC club, and how far it's come in the few short years in a non mountainous state, (with very few quality crawling locations) and I'll do whatever it takes to help keep the club going/growing.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

I do think that a splitting of the class might be good. When I raced 1/8 nitro there was no way I could ever hang with the top 10-12 drivers. It didn't matter if I was running a top of the line rig and they had a radio shack car. They just had better skill. Some skills you can practice and improve, but sometimes a persons skills have limits. I could practice for years and I could never race at that level. It was a big fight about splitting the 1/8 class. They did it and it was one of the best things they ever did for most of the racers. The only racers that didn't like it where the top 10 or so guys. So I do understand its hard for people to spend time and money to always be in 15-20th place. Its always nice to be fighting for the top. But it always nice to have more people you’re competing with.

So I would be in favor of having a pro and an intermediate 2.2 class. Each class could judge there own. Or they could even be the same courses and judges but the scores are separated for the classes. Not that much work and people can still see how much they are improving compared to the pro class.

I also agree that everybody needs to help. It gets to be a lot for the same people to do everything all the time.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #36
Web Wheeling

I think more people would judge if we went back to judging how we used to. Not many people are willing to judge 15+ rigs, but are open to judging 6-12 rigs. I have seen more mistakes in adding up scores after comps with the single judges then we ever had in the past. When you are judging that long, you are bound to make errors. And with those mistakes, I don't see the advantage to keeping the same judges all day. Save the all day judging for national events, lets get back to having fun and not taking this so serious.

But another class takes more time, not worth it.

I would just like to see better course design, like I've said before don't made the first 3-4 gates steep climbs. The first few gates should be technical, but not something that points out half the rigs. Same thing goes for bonus gates, it seems to be a trend to just find a really steep climb and make that the bonus. Those gates should be more technical gates that require finesse and a bit of luck.

I really liked joe's course, even though I only progressed through 5 gates. I did make it up to gate 7, but pointed out after clipping a few gates. I felt I had a chance, and got far enough that I enjoyed running it. The first course made me consider selling my comp rigs.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #37
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAT1GUY View Post
I do think that a splitting of the class might be good. When I raced 1/8 nitro there was no way I could ever hang with the top 10-12 drivers. It didn't matter if I was running a top of the line rig and they had a radio shack car. They just had better skill. Some skills you can practice and improve, but sometimes a persons skills have limits. I could practice for years and I could never race at that level. It was a big fight about splitting the 1/8 class. They did it and it was one of the best things they ever did for most of the racers. The only racers that didn't like it where the top 10 or so guys. So I do understand its hard for people to spend time and money to always be in 15-20th place. Its always nice to be fighting for the top. But it always nice to have more people you’re competing with.

So I would be in favor of having a pro and an intermediate 2.2 class. Each class could judge there own. Or they could even be the same courses and judges but the scores are separated for the classes. Not that much work and people can still see how much they are improving compared to the pro class.

I also agree that everybody needs to help. It gets to be a lot for the same people to do everything all the time.

If the classes were split, this would be the best option, as it would take less time and work. I would be up for this option
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #38

Sorry first post and havnt been to a comp yet. cant decide on moa or shaft. But anyway I like the idea of pro and intermidiate 2.2 class. It seems like the best way to go. I hope you dont mind a newbie putting his 2 cents in.
Montdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #39
Web Wheeling

The losi is a great platform out of the box, and can now be converted to MOA with the Eritex kit. They do have a CVD problem, but they are much better then they were. If I was new to the game, its where I would start.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #40

Quote:
The losi is a great platform out of the box, and can now be converted to MOA with the Eritex kit. They do have a CVD problem, but they are much better then they were. If I was new to the game, its where I would start.
Thats one of the kits I am looking at. Can anyone tell me what is a decent price on a radio with a 3 postion switch. I was told the new ko radio has one and its 189.99. I dont mind spending some money on a radio was just trying to get away from spending 300 plus on one.
Montdj is offline   Reply With Quote