Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: Battle at the border pics & results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #41
Web Wheeling

This sounds like a great radio set, look in the electronics section for more info on it

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXRL8&P=7
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #42
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montdj View Post
Sorry first post and havnt been to a comp yet. cant decide on moa or shaft. But anyway I like the idea of pro and intermidiate 2.2 class. It seems like the best way to go. I hope you dont mind a newbie putting his 2 cents in.
Blah, blah nice to meet you.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

i'm on the fence about this one. i dropped out of this hobby not long after dig came to be a large factor in every course. it came to a point where if i wanted to be even close to competitive i had to have dig, and thats when i lost interest. for me it turned into a money game. and also, think if someone had shown up to Sundays comp. with an out of the box axial? they wouldn't have made it far on either and would have been forced into the same crossroads as me without ever honestly competing. now, as far as how to solve this problem, idk. we already have to have 3 courses setup on the rocks. an option would be that if the 2 new classes were small enough, each could run 1 course. then we wouldn't really be causing that much more work. but, i have a feeling one of the 2 classes would be to small, causing it to fade, or morph into the other. i don't think segregating and limiting classes is the answer here. i think a better option would be to have one course simple, and the other brutal because a simple course will not hurt the big guys and will be challenging for the small guys with the second course being very difficult for both. but as many others have said, this is my pocket full of change, take it as you will.
joehein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

This has been bugging me all night. After much thought I think the fairest way to solve the problem is to have an all out MMA fight in the parking lot before every comp and whoever wins makes the rules that day.

In all seriousness I think the best way would be to start off the gates fairly easy and have them get progressively harder. People still may not finish but at least they have a little fun and make some progress, build some confidence etc..... my $.02 but what do I know I still drive a shafty
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #45
Web Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyal View Post
This has been bugging me all night. After much thought I think the fairest way to solve the problem is to have an all out MMA fight in the parking lot before every comp and whoever wins makes the rules that day.

In all seriousness I think the best way would be to start off the gates fairly easy and have them get progressively harder. People still may not finish but at least they have a little fun and make some progress, build some confidence etc..... my $.02 but what do I know I still drive a shafty
Someone finally gets it

Last edited by Etype R; 08-25-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Someone finally gets it

Sweet I'm not the only one that wants to fight in the parking lot
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #47
Web Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyal View Post
Sweet I'm not the only one that wants to fight in the parking lot
Just don't go kicking my mini
Old 08-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
poor thing:(
joehein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Is that what you call it.......I call it below the belt.
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #50

Default Yes 2 classes

I have raced and promoted motocross events for 15 years.....You don't have the pros run with the beginners...even if they have the same exact bike...and expect the beginners to want to come back and get beat. People compete becasue they like to win...not lose. Say it any way you want but no one likes to be trashed then told just practice more or spend more money so you can keep up.

There should be a beginners class so people can get hooked and compete. you can have the same course with two or three differnet lines for the pros. No more juges would be needed.

If we had all the motocross riders in the same class 50% would not come back...period!
As for your club you have to evolve and attract new members because people get out of it for many reasons.....and I can tell you from many years of experience running clubs you cater to the largest group.....the average person not the top people because in every club there are only 10% that do the work and they are the average person that loves what they are doing...not the top guy who thinks people should cater to them because they are they best.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #51
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwapi View Post
I have raced and promoted motocross events for 15 years.....You don't have the pros run with the beginners...even if they have the same exact bike...and expect the beginners to want to come back and get beat. People compete becasue they like to win...not lose. Say it any way you want but no one likes to be trashed then told just practice more or spend more money so you can keep up.

There should be a beginners class so people can get hooked and compete. you can have the same course with two or three differnet lines for the pros. No more juges would be needed.

If we had all the motocross riders in the same class 50% would not come back...period!
As for your club you have to evolve and attract new members because people get out of it for many reasons.....and I can tell you from many years of experience running clubs you cater to the largest group.....the average person not the top people because in every club there are only 10% that do the work and they are the average person that loves what they are doing...not the top guy who thinks people should cater to them because they are they best.

I will say there is only ONE person who got the point I was trying to make, so stop the lip flap'n

With that said...

I sincerely want to openly apologize to the club for the first post I made.

As most of you know I have been having some health issues this year and have not been around overly much these two seasons. I was wrong to openly post what I did. I did not say it in the right way in the least bit. I've been on damn near every F'd up medication known to man over the last 4-5 months and the last one had some pretty radical side effects, which resulted in what got posted. I let frustration of not being able to be fully a part of things like the last few years, and losing a ton of other abilities get the overall best of me.
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote