Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: MNRCRC (Winter?) Meeting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default MNRCRC (Winter?) Meeting

Hey guys, with the snow melting (finally), I suppose we better start talking about the upcoming 2014 season. I think we have another week before it’s officially Spring, sooooo, I guess if we start talking now it can still be considered a winter meeting?

To get the ball rolling, I called the same Davanni’s we were at last year in Richfield and made a reservation for Sunday March 30th from 1-4pm. Hopefully 2 weeks+ is enough notice for everyone. But if that date/time is a problem, we can always change the res if needed.

In the meantime, let’s start the conversation here. What is everyone interested in? Who wants to comp? Thoughts on classes? Is there interest in more scale activities? Any interest in U4? G6? Maybe a G9?

I will mention that last Fall, Bill and Josh invited me down to their spot that they’ve been talking about for a while now. I took lots of pics, but don’t have a way to upload them right now. But that spot would be an awesome location for a huge Scaler Extravaganza. We could easily put on every type of scaler event there is there: trail ride, G6, all the Tough Truck courses… Dude, seriously! I would love to see us do something there this year. There is space for camping-Maybe a weekend thing? Hopefully Bill can post up to discuss what the landowner is cool with, and what their rules & requirements would be.

Also, Chuck has made a separate offer of a possible new location as well. I don’t want to speak on his behalf, but will say that with a little work (help needed), we could build a spot closer to the metro than anything else we currently have. Again, Chuck will need to chime in on what’s what here.

Kevin

**Edit**
I realized that I didn't include the address for Davanni's.

6345 Penn Ave S Richfield, MN 55423

From 35W, take Hwy 62 (the Crosstown) west. Exit on Penn Ave and head south. Davanni's will be on the left/east side of the road near Hub Hobby, only a couple blocks south of Hwy 62.

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 03-26-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Donkey Punch Champion!

Default Re: MNRCRC (Winter?) Meeting

In...maybe.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quick question, is this open to anyone who wants to go or is this suppose to be more geared towards the MNRCRC crew? We have a FB page and i was thinking about posting it there....
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post

I will mention that last Fall, Bill and Josh invited me down to their spot that they’ve been talking about for a while now. I took lots of pics, but don’t have a way to upload them right now. But that spot would be an awesome location for a huge Scaler Extravaganza. We could easily put on every type of scaler event there is there: trail ride, G6, all the Tough Truck courses… Dude, seriously! I would love to see us do something there this year. There is space for camping-Maybe a weekend thing? Hopefully Bill can post up to discuss what the landowner is cool with, and what their rules & requirements would be.

Kevin
As mentioned, Josh and I would love to have an event down here in our favorite spot! I will contact the land owner again but I'm sure by looking at the schedule that there are only a few weekends that WOULD NOT work, they are, May 24-26th(Memorial weekend), July 4-6th, August 8-9th, August 30th -September 1st( Labor day weekend) and October 18-19th. These are the weekends that the local 1:1 4x4 club has reserved for their events. Other than that I'm sure it's wide open! When I talked with the land owner he was cool with any kind of event we wanted to have, he doesn't think RC trucks will be as hard on the terrain as 1:1s , but again, I will double check.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
Quick question, is this open to anyone who wants to go or is this suppose to be more geared towards the MNRCRC crew? We have a FB page and i was thinking about posting it there....
Anyone interested in RC trucks and wants to contribute to planning or discussion of events and or gtgs can attend!

Kevin is the (un)official leader, by showing up and participating you become one of the "crew"!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by semnmrc View Post
Anyone interested in RC trucks and wants to contribute to planning or discussion of events and or gtgs can attend!

Kevin is the (un)official leader, by showing up and participating you become one of the "crew"!
Great glad to hear just dident want to screw up something you guys had going on. Hope you are able to hold some events too cant wait!
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

ill be there .. I would like to get involved with mnrcrc . I wouldl like hold some events in southern mn at 3 locations and would like to sched. around the mnrcrc schedule on off weekends . 2 locations are comp location and the third is trail/scale . excited to get involved and meet like minded people .
drjones1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

We are in(Unless something unexpected comes up)

I liked how the comp setup was last year, I think we should keep it close to what it was with 2.2 pro, 2.2 shafty, and trail class. I also would be fine with changing shafty to 2.2 trail. We will be comping in all three classes again this year.

I liked having at least one scale event up near duluth, maybe do the same thing that we did last year with a event near duluth, one some place like the boom site or sandstone, a southern mn event at the area we had Kevin come look at, and then the howl crawl. More scale events would be better.

The amount of comp days was good last year and haveing one near duluth for some variaty other than taylors falls was nice.

As for the Southern MN scale event I will let my dad go into more details about the organization stuff. We would like to do a 2 day event where you could camp overnight at the site. We would set up a TTC with all the events, a "G9" with multiple stages, and we could also do a trail ride and some 10$ challanges(probably something like a bounty hill for fastest of farthest up some of the hills).

We definently will help with what ever needs to be done for the club
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
Web Wheeling

Might want to consider opening 2.2s to allow wraiths, and maybe going full 2.2 trail.

We were talking about trying out some u4rc events as well, these would be their own events outside of our normal comps.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #10

I'll be there. I only started this hobby (addiction?) late last year, but anything I can do to help I'd be happy to contribute.

I live in Fridley, and have hosted the Snowcrawl Winter Series with the help of Dna and Grunt, which was a blast! I'd like to host a Trail Ride by my place, too, in the Rice Creek West Regional Trail Corridor. If we can agree on a date and if there is enough interest, I'll get the necessary permissions, plot out the run, and keep you guys informed.

"Might want to consider opening 2.2s to allow wraiths..." As a Wraith owner, I'd like to be able to compete, so what he said!

Can't wait for this damn white stuff to disappear!!!!!
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I should be able to attend and I may even bring Trent so he can annoy baller.
As far as the comp set up I like how we did it last year. If anyone who hasn't been to a comp yet maybe look at some of the older comp treads or even the winter meeting thread from last year to see what we mean.
MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Sent from my Moto X using tapatalk
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I just talked to the land owner of our favorite spot and he reconfirmed that he would love to let us set up a couple events there. This area is just a few miles south and west of Byron MN. I would have to say this place has huge opportunities for all types of offroad RC, as Kevin said. I'll see if I can post up some links to pics and video that we have taken.

As far as comps, I like the format we had last year and agree that it could use a little tweaking, such as opening 22s up for wraith type. I would like to figure out why we had such a big group for Trail class early in the season and then it dwindled down late in the season. Ideas? Thoughts?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Here's a link to some videos taken at the S. MN spot. There is either 80 or 160 acres (can't remember) to explore here!

Rc rock ravine scaling - YouTube

S.E. MN gtg part 2 - YouTube

S.E. MN gtg part 3 - YouTube

S.E.MN gtg part 4 - YouTube

there is more on our channel, look for S.E.MN gtg Part_, this only covers a small area of what there is, I will try to find some pictures also.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I'll get with Greg asap and check his schedule. For the little we attended last season we enjoyed the program as it was presented it made for a very exciting format.

I can of course only attend events that offer some sort of accessibility (you've all seen my "act") so events with difficult or no staging area's won't work for me.

The good news is Greg isn't working as many weekends due to a new role at work which puts us at more MNRCRC events in 2014. Also Greg's youngest son will is joining us this year so "Stormin2u Racing" will have three drivers on the rocks this season.

Looking forward to seeing you all. It's been a long winter and it will be good to get some competitions going again.

The Pulling Season was disappointing this year for many reasons. For me it was due to a location change from the comfort of the Mermaid to a nasty Dungeon. To say the new location was a wheelchair users nightmare would be a understatement and a real dump to boot. Then it just evaporated into thin air by suddenly just shutting down short of finishing it was a real WTF moment?

Needless to say our crawling trucks are more than ready for the 2014 MNRCRC season and we're more than ready get out.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Hey guys. I will try to make the meeting. It's a busy weekend for me so its going to be a game time decision.

As far as competition, I only made the scale events last year. I would love to see a 2.2 trail class but please don't get rid of the 1.9 class (I built a rig specifically for that).

As far as comp rigs I have a budget xr10 I could run but no shaft driven rigs so that's up to the rest of you guys.

Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I'll be able to make it.
fast5xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post

Also, Chuck has made a separate offer of a possible new location as well. I don’t want to speak on his behalf, but will say that with a little work (help needed), we could build a spot closer to the metro than anything else we currently have. Again, Chuck will need to chime in on what’s what here.

Kevin
Soooooo.... What's up Chuck?

Sent from my Moto X using tapatalk
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Sheesh... I stop looking at the forum for a week and look what happens.

Long story short, is my mom has been kind enough to offer up her farm parture to build a u4rc course at. Mike, Kevin and I looked at it last fall and it definitely has potential for a lot more if we get enough club interest(Think TTC). She lives in lake Elmo and is probably the most centralized location in the twin cities. I can talk more about it at the meeting. It's good to see some life on here.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I'm down if I can get another duluth guy to go.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote

MNRCRC (Winter?) Meeting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC Winter Meeting.... CmdrZod Minnesota 167 04-15-2013 12:49 PM
MNRCRC Winter Meeting for 2012 Season Nicklepimp Minnesota 100 02-10-2012 02:03 PM
2010/2011 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 177 02-10-2011 09:37 AM
2010 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 79 04-04-2010 12:40 PM
MNRCRC Winter Meeting #1 Nicklepimp Minnesota 55 12-10-2008 08:56 AM