Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: st. louis chit chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Picked up a new set of 3.2" maxx wheels, and some 3" pvc couples (3.5" i.d.) got stuff cut up and fitted, need to get some glue to hold everything together, then it will be drift maxx time :thumbsup:
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

lol, sweet. i have never seen anyone make a drifter out of a maxx. I like mine for something to beat the crap outta. Mine will be out there as always, this time just to drag my stuff out cause I dont wanna carry all of it that far.
Mav-1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #83
RCC Addict

I was scoping ebay out, looks like we could get 30 tennis balls for about $20. are we (as in GSRC) interested in getting some for trail markers?
if as many people show up on sunday as did for the march official, it would be in the neighborhood of $0.50 each to get 30 gates worth.
That would be enough for bonuses and a scale course or just a real long trail run.

of course there are 100 of them in another lot for about $50 guestimate we could make gates from the parking lot to the highway
Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

I wouldnt see a problem with getting the bigger lot of Tballs.That way there are xtra or if we need the gates closer together we have plenty to do that

that stil isnt that much per person.We could also split the balls up between 2 or 3 people just in case someone couldnt make it out
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Guess I get to start working on my tennis ball gun....

got the drift slicks glued up, I'll see how well they hold together, the wheel is wedged in using some fairly substantial friction and the pvc is glued on in two halves to itself sandwiching the wheel.

The emaxx is on the charger now, I'll pull it off before dark and try and get some video up.

WOW, that thing takes up a LOT of room while it's on the slide. my next trial may involve disconnecting the front end, and leaving rubber on it so I can actually steer. right now the damn thing wallows like my station wagon in snow.
Vid will be posting in this thread if youtube isn't a hoohah.

Last edited by hairba11; 04-02-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #86
RCC Addict

youtube is a hoohah.

also, I am the new owner of some fuzzy balls.

Lot of 100 Used Tenis Balls
Winning bid: US $20.50

Ended: Apr-02-08 19:36:03 PDT
Shipping costs:
US $15.07

at 35.57 cents per ball, it wasn't too bad a deal.

I wonder if I can fit these things in the band saw....
cutting them in half by hand is going to suck.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

You should have told me you were getting balls, I would have went in on them, hell I would have bought them too, wouldnt have mattered to me., granted for Jeffs thing we aint using gates, but gates are a great way to practice especially for those of us that are going to try out comps.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #88
RCC Addict

hey I'll let you buy some off of me. I figured split them up maybe 5 ways so there would most likely be a set at any gtg. I can't imagine needing more than 20 gates at an outing. maybe you, jeff, max p, chris, me. something like that might work.
it could be 15 gates 6 ways with 10 spares, whatever works.

I know jeff B-day bash isn't a traditional comp, but there could still be gates for the timed events. make it from there to there in as close to time x as possible, like the hill climb stuff. not nessesarily about power as much as control.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Thats fine for me, I can buy a set of them off you then. i will be at almost every GTG and about anything else I can find to go to,lol. I am addicted to this worse than cigarettes,lol. I am trying to figure out who all is going to the next Columbia comp cause tis out side in a creek bed so its worth my time to see how me and my compy hold up
Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #90
RCC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qBx1pKBmM

lame drifting from teh emaxx
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

what time is everyone showin up sunday?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #92
RCC Addict

I'm shooting for somewhere around noon or a little after. I haven't driven out to the lake yet, so I don't knwo how far of a drive it is, or really how to get there aside from get on 40 and follow the signs for busch wildlife. the GF will be in tow, but I should be able to get a couple of hours of play time in.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairba11 View Post
I'm shooting for somewhere around noon or a little after. I haven't driven out to the lake yet, so I don't knwo how far of a drive it is, or really how to get there aside from get on 40 and follow the signs for busch wildlife. the GF will be in tow, but I should be able to get a couple of hours of play time in.

It will take you about the same amount of time as it did for the spot up by me.You will run hwy 40 to hwy 94 go left.take that to hwy D go right..take it to Busch wildlife..once you enter busch ..right at the T..then left..then follow signs....you can google map "Busch wildlife lake 35" to see the lake it puts the arrow EXACTLY where we crawl..scroll south on the map and youll see hwy D
Old 04-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

One thing i like about that spot, it close at 10 pm so those of us with lights on our crawlers can do some night running. Heck one of these times we outta just find where we can grill close to the spot, bring some chairs and beer and have a blast till the park closes,lol.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav-1981 View Post
One thing i like about that spot, it close at 10 pm so those of us with lights on our crawlers can do some night running. Heck one of these times we outta just find where we can grill close to the spot, bring some chairs and beer and have a blast till the park closes,lol.
I actually called about that last week cause i wanted to grill up some lunch...most grills are near the entrance there are none by that lake at all
Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #96
Rock Stacker

Keep in mind that a section of 40 will be closed sometime this weekend for bridge repairs. Damage done by a crane truck, can't remember which bridge though

If you don't want to fawk with all that, Page Extension runs into 94, and you can take that down. Adds a bit to the trip.

Directly from MODot website:
Quote:
ST. LOUIS - Based on current weather predictions, the Missouri Department of Transportation bridge maintenance crews will close eastbound Interstate 64/Route 40 in Chesterfield from the Chesterfield Airport Road exit to Long Road from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, April 4 to prepare the Spirit of St. Louis Boulevard overpass for weekend repairs. Crews will close the interstate in the same location from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily on April 5 and April 6 to repair the overpass. If the weather changes significantly, and the work is canceled, MoDOT will release updated information as soon as it is available.MoDOT advises drivers to take Route 94 to Route 364 as a detour for the closure. Traffic will be able to access Chesterfield Airport Road and re-enter the interstate from Long Road or from Boone's Crossing. Drivers can expect extended delays to access the interstate from these routes.
Crews will also close up to two lanes at a time on westbound I-64/Route 40 from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. on April 5 and April 6 to complete repairs to the overpass over the westbound lanes.
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

yeah its the east bound side totally closed...have to get off at the chestefield exit and run it to long and to get back onto 40
Old 04-04-2008, 04:19 PM   #98
Rock Stacker

It won't interfere tell I have to go home, I'll just hang out tell after 8

Hell there's a few restaurants across the road ifin yall want to eat sumthing.
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

So the way I read it, the "GSRC" gtg is Sunday Apr. 6th, Busch Wildlife lake 35, start time around 12 noon.

See everyone at lake 35. If I have anything wrong let me know.

Later,
Hawk
Hawk Mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

that would all be correct

I would also recommend bringing a wagon or dolly if you have a few things to carry...the levee is a small walk...