Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: The MO Crawl-off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redracerd View Post
rules? why not follow ALL rules, every rule for every aspect of the crawling sport!

2x BRO
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
It's a mock comp.

I dont care who you are thats funny right there

Last edited by Nish; 05-15-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #43
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by redracerd View Post
rules? why not follow ALL rules, every rule for every aspect of the crawling sport!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF THE JET View Post
2x BRO
As said before, the 20pt carry IS a rule. It is in the 2009 USRCCA rules as an OPTION RULE. Still a rule.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I'm with you Harley...Let's go for the 20th,that way if something does happen with whatever..There can still be a back up date before the dealine..Also my vote goes for everyone being able to compete.With only the top 5 being eligible for the natioinal invites just like you said...But I still don't know about that 20pt carry rule..I think maybe we should use it if we get a big turn out from letting everyone compete.Because it's 40 to point out right..That might cause some frustrations,But like JRH said,it would be practice for nationals..Hell with it,do whatever I don't care..

Last edited by Jeepial; 05-15-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #45
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
I'm with you Harley...Let's go for the 20th,that way if something does happen with whatever..There can still be a back up date before the dealine..Also my vote goes for everyone being able to compete.With only the top 5 being eligible for the natioinal invites just like you said.
Get with whatever club you want to vote with. I think it would be best to just have 3 votes count in here: STL, CMRCRC, KCRC. I don't think we need to have 60 people putting there 2 cents in about what date in this thread.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Get with whatever club you want to vote with. I think it would be best to just have 3 votes count in here: STL, CMRCRC, KCRC. I don't think we need to have 60 people putting there 2 cents in about what date in this thread.
Are you taking votes from those who have a chance at running in it, or anyone?
ASRCRAWLERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

I say the top 5 from ea. club vote in their own group, then cast here as 1 vote
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #48
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrcrawlers View Post
Are you taking votes from those who have a chance at running in it, or anyone?
I guess that is up to the club, I don't care. I am not in charge of anything, just want to get the ball moving and try to keep things organized and on time.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #49
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishru View Post
That makes since to me. That is the most important part of the event is that each top 5 can make it.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishru View Post
Quote:
That makes since to me. That is the most important part of the event is that each top 5 can make it.
Sounds good.

anyone got panoramic or wide pics of this comp location? I havent been there yet.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #51
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post
Sounds good.

anyone got panoramic or wide pics of this comp location? I havent been there yet.
Looks like maps.live.com has some decent 3/4 aerials of the entire park. I don't know where the actual comp location is either though.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #52
RCC Addict

for me i say NO on the
20 point on carry thru.

this has got to be the stupidest rule i have ever herd of !!

its like saying to someone who is having trouble with a obstacle & can't make it,
YOU SUCK GO AWAY

what fun it that ??

sure this rule has it purpose , in big events 75 entry's or more , helps move everything along.

same for the low course point out total.
blow two gates & your done.

what fun is that ??

i got into crawling for the fun of crawling & not to be punished for not being good at it !!

these two rules take all the fun out of this hobby.

after all ,having fun is what this hobby all about , right ??

having to stop running because you cant make one or two obstacles , thats not fun , to me anyway.

this rules are the fastest way to kill this hobby !!

take away the FUN of it & people will stop doing it.

seen it happen over & over in R/C

KEEP the FUN in crawling !!!

pointing out is not fun.
:-(
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #53
20K Club

I agree Jerry that allowing a 20pt carry and a higher point out is fun and thats why I like that we run it for our local events.

But what it does is brings in another form of strategy that takes away from driving skill. With this event being to decide who is the best in MO it seems we should run it. It doesn't allow people to just skip past a gate that has been giving other people trouble just for strategy reasons. While that may not be the reason that all people do it, it will certainly be the reason that the people that are fighting for points will do it.

To see who is the best I think we have to run it, at the very least for the guys in the top 5 of each club. If we could keep it seperate enough (different color score sheets perhaps) then we could run an "exhibition" class maybe. Where possibly we run high point out values and allow a 20 pt carry. We just wouldn't be able to rank them with the rest.

Just some thoughts....
Old 05-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

How about this Harley...Since the 20 point rule is a problem with some and not with others..Why not hold a drivers meeting (like I am figuring will be done anyways) at the comp before we start running,and let everyone who came to run vote on that rule being applied or not.That to me,would be the fairest way I can think of to decide if the rule will be applied or not..I mean,it's just an idea...

Last edited by Jeepial; 05-15-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

ill probaly be there
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #56
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
How about this Harley...Since the 20 point rule is a problem with some and not with others..Why not hold a drivers meeting (like I am figuring will be done anyways) at the comp before we start running,and let everyone who came to run vote on that rule being applied or not.That to me,would be the fairest way I can think of to decide if the rule will be applied or not..
It is more about the top 5 from each club. Again the point would be to find who is the best drive in MO. That is the reason the rule is not used in the large comps.

I am by no means trying to decide this. I think each group should vote, probably those who will be in the top 5. I am guess those in the top 5 will be the ones that do not have a problem with it, thus the reason for suggesting two classes if people don't want to run it.

Rules should be decided on before hand so that any disagreements have plenty of time to be worked out rather than having this discussion for a half our at the comp site.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It is more about the top 5 from each club. Again the point would be to find who is the best drive in MO. That is the reason the rule is not used in the large comps.

I am by no means trying to decide this. I think each group should vote, probably those who will be in the top 5. I am guess those in the top 5 will be the ones that do not have a problem with it, thus the reason for suggesting two classes if people don't want to run it.

Rules should be decided on before hand so that any disagreements have plenty of time to be worked out rather than having this discussion for a half our at the comp site.
I understand what you mean....I am just gonna sit back and see what happens with this and just roll with whatever the decision is...But I do wanna be involved in setting up the courses,so pencil me on that one..
Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #58
Old guy

I know it's none of my biz, I just thought I'd throw it out.

Why don't you have the 15 top guys run 1st with the no carry rule. That way everyone else gets to watch them .Like it will be at the Nats.

Then the rest run with the carry rule.

It is about the 15 guys and the rest are there to have fun.

You can just tell me to shut up and go away to.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #59
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

That is what I was going to suggest. We can have the 15 nats qualifiers run first with the national style rules, 40pt max, 5min max, and no 20pt carries. Then the rest of the group can run with modified rules and scoring. Say 7 minutes max, 70pt max, 20pt carry on a gate with no progress point. The actual course time limit can be determined by how many people show up.

With three courses running the first group should take no longer than 1.75 hours. Give another 30 minutes if we run a 4th course for the top 5 shootout. This would get us done right around lunch and time for a break. Then the second half could run and we could give them 3 hours or so, depending on just how big the group is and how long everybody wants to hang. And if you want even more drive time just bring a rig to play with while other compete- there are PLENTY of rocks.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #60
20K Club

The only reason I don't like that is that you can't tell how the others stack up compared to you. I would like to see who really is the King of MO, a time when we really will have everyone there. If everyone else doesn't care thats cool, just would be cool to have everyone on a level field.

Just ideas, it's good to get everything out there now so we are organized on D-day. Don't want any excuses when I come to lay the smack down