Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 AM   #141
Rock Crawler

Crawler in a box?? WTF? You know the OG members from this site are gonna be pissed.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #142
RCC Addict

Hey, anybody going tonite got some extra foams, pro-line maybe?
Memory's would be better, but whatever.
Got some 1/4" delrin to trade. Maybe other chit?
muddauber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #143
Rock Crawler

I dont have any foams to trade but i might be down for some of the delrin action.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #144

THANKS FOR ALL THE POINTERS LAST NIGHT GUYS .I'M STILLA LONG WAY FROM WHERE I WANT TO BE BEFORE I START COMPETING. CAME HOME LAST NIGHT AND STARTED CUTTING UP THE REAR FOAMS. SEEMS TO HELP A LOT. ORDERING A NEW SERVO THIS WEEKEND AND OTHER STUFF,WITH ANY LUCK I MIGHT BE ABLE TO ACTUALY CLEAR THE COURSE SOMETIME WITHOUT HAVING TO FLIP & REPLACE ALL THE TIME. THANKS AGAIN
HIGHCENTERED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 PM   #145

Matt, remember you said that mamba's like to eat monkeys!
well i sat down to eat tonight and i here the monkey screaming in the
garage. right after that POP! POP! POP! of a 9mm.

Out to the garage i go. there in the corner is the monkey with blood all
over him and the 9mm still in his hand and he has a sh*t eating grin
i look around for the mamba and its under the dune buggy.
the mamba tried to eat the monkey and the monkey busted 3 caps
in the mambas heat sink.
monkey 1 mamba 0
BAD MONKEY NO BANANA

The real story.i was checking out the speedo tonight and its dead:-(
the last comp must of killed it. the case and speedo came a part
when it fell off the dog house.

I'll be there at noon. but the monkey is staying home.
rock monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #146
Rock Crawler

Hey Scott, Ill bring the Moped esc out of my drifter tomorrow so the monkey can run. Its not a high end unit but it works.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #147
RCC Addict

Bad Monkey, Bad monkey!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #148
Quarry Creeper

So where is the comp on the 12th going to be? Possible to make it a little later in the afternoon?
Flatcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #149
20K Club

What do you guys think about maybe starting to run two courses. I think we may need to go to this pretty soon, the comps are already taking 4+ hours and we are only running 15-16 people. I know judging is usually the issue but I think we may be getting to the point were more people are ready to judge or could at least start giving it a shot (maybe side by side with some of the regular judges).

This might give us a chance to start having a little time after to help people out with thier rigs and maybe even some scale or rock racing action....
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #150
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
What do you guys think about maybe starting to run two courses. I think we may need to go to this pretty soon, the comps are already taking 4+ hours and we are only running 15-16 people. I know judging is usually the issue but I think we may be getting to the point were more people are ready to judge or could at least start giving it a shot (maybe side by side with some of the regular judges).

This might give us a chance to start having a little time after to help people out with thier rigs and maybe even some scale or rock racing action....
Do you mean not everyone runs the same course? I think just running two at a time would be better . I am willing to judge or score keep to help out. and yes it would be fun to have more time to mess around or run scale stuff.
iconpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #151
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconpoker View Post
Do you mean not everyone runs the same course? I think just running two at a time would be better . I am willing to judge or score keep to help out. and yes it would be fun to have more time to mess around or run scale stuff.
I think he meant run both, but in order to do that, we need more scorekeepers/judges. I like your idea of 2 at a time too. I like you guys, but can't take half my Saturday's to play with yall
Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #152
RCC Addict

I think the best way to do this would be to split up the course into 6 gates per stage, 7 1/2 minutes per stage, 15 mins. total.
Start the first competitor on stage 1, then when they continue onto stage 2, start the 2nd competitor on stage one and so forth. We could basically do it in half the time. And yes, judging is normally the issue. But we're gettin' there.
I think for now, the assistant judges would be a good thing.
I know everyone would like to have more "tech" time, and get a chance to
have a little scale or rock race action after each comp. Instead of everyone having to jet right after their runs, like normal.

We've usually stuck to our noon time start, since we started the club. If you need to be late, just make sure to let someone know, and we'll plan for it.
No biggie. Personally, I like still having Saturday evening left open for whatever. But I know we've all got a life besides crawlin'.

Let's here some feedback!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #153
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddauber7 View Post
I think the best way to do this would be to split up the course into 6 gates per stage, 7 1/2 minutes per stage, 15 mins. total.
Start the first competitor on stage 1, then when they continue onto stage 2, start the 2nd competitor on stage one and so forth. We could basically do it in half the time. And yes, judging is normally the issue. But we're gettin' there.
I think for now, the assistant judges would be a good thing.
I know everyone would like to have more "tech" time, and get a chance to
have a little scale or rock race action after each comp. Instead of everyone having to jet right after their runs, like normal.

We've usually stuck to our noon time start, since we started the club. If you need to be late, just make sure to let someone know, and we'll plan for it.
No biggie. Personally, I like still having Saturday evening left open for whatever. But I know we've all got a life besides crawlin'.

Let's here some feedback!
I like that idea. The time part is difficult, since everyone has different schedules. But, for instance, in August, it's going to be damn hot at noon where in the morning or later that evening might be more comfortable to crawl. I am flexable and will make effort to be there no matter what. Where are the "outside" crawling locations for the comps?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #154
RCC Addict

sounds to me like it still comes down to a judge/timer thing !!

thats really where the problem is , EVERYONE needs to judge & score at every event ,not just the same 5 or 6 people , but everyone !

i don't mater how many courses you run ,if you don't have the people to judge them.

everyone is going to have to start judging at every event sooner or later. new club members & old club members.

if everyone judges & scores at every event , then you would have to judge & score maybe only 2 or 3 people (per judge) for that event ,and then the next judge takes over and so on.
this way everyone at that days event judges & scores.

this will help out with keeping all the club members on track with the rules & how to judge and keep score ,
if everyone scores & judges at every event things will move along faster !!

we should split the courses up at a certain # of entry's per event.
no need to have two courses and 2 people judging & 2 scoring when we only have 8 people total.
we can split up the courses & double up running , say at 12 entry's or so.

we will be moveing thecomp crawl starting times ahead vary soon.

i will update the next club comp info soon !!

thanks ZORLAC
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #155
RCC Addict

As for the August weather consideration, we do run outdoor comps
earlier in the day to help with that. But now, with the advent of the indoor course, I thought we could/should patronize FLR and go back inside when it gets too damn hot outside.

Maybe we can have Josh put together a list of all the locations.With a
map location of each one. (hint hint)

Off the top of my head:
Hill Park @ 23rd & Maywood (Scale and comp)
Longview Spillway @ 470 & Raytown rd. (comp only)
Watts Mill Park @ 103rd & State Line rd. (Scale and comp)
Great Wall of Raytown @ 63rd & Blue Ridge (comp only)
I think there's one or two more...help me out guys.

And as always, keep hunting for more locations. I've searched eastern areas and haven't come up with much else. Except for the spillway at Blue Springs lake, which has No trespassing signs. People fish there all the time, but Jackson County is pretty strict on their "vehicles must stay on pavement" BS. I still go there from time to time, but just the family. Too many guys, and I bet "Sheriff John Brown" would give us the boot in a heartbeat. Like we're gonna tear up some rocks .

Keep scouting more spots guys.

Anybody up for a GTG at the next comp spot this weekend?
I think it's Hill Park. Maybe a little test and tune action?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #156
20K Club

I think you guys got my point. I think the amount of courses should be determined by the number of entries like Jerry said, but maybe 10 is a good number, we could make longer courses too if we like we all do it because we love driving and competition. I think the days of 8 and 9 guys are gone (which is awesome)!

I am scouting north KC like crazy, hope to find some comp spots soon, lots of sweet scale stuff. We need to hit west and north KC some this year to mix it up. I don't mind driving 45 to a hour to get to longview, raytown, watts mill, or flr, but I would like to see some variety.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #157
Rock Crawler

i ok with judging/ score keeping
i can't meet this weekend ive already commited to something ( unless i can fake sick ;) )
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #158
20K Club

My suggestion:

For example there are 10 competitors
  • 2 stages - everyone runs both stages
  • Drivers 1-5 run course one first, driver 6-10 run course 2 then they switch.
  • 6-10 gates per stage with 8-10 min time limits per course.
Even with more total gates and more total time driving the comps would still go quicker. I think that the 5 or so guys that are familiar with judging can still do most of the judging but what we can do it have the new guys "co-judge" until they are totally confident with it. By the time we get through a couple more comps we will be good to go with 6-10 judges then.

All just thoughts...........
Old 04-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #159
20K Club

ANYWAYS.......

The comp spots from last year:

Watts Mill - I-435 and Stateline Road

Longview Lake spillway - Off Raytown Road

Hill Park - 23rd Street in Independence

Blue Ridge Cutoff and 63rd Street

Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #160
Quarry Creeper

Nice Josh. Thanks for the locations with maps. I was thinking that there are a few spots out at Shawnee Mission Park (87th & 435).

I like the co-judge/score keep idea for some of the noobs(like myself) to kept consistant until ready to go solo. Don't think EVERYONE has to judge/keep score at one event, but I am sure the same guys get tired of doing it. That will change once people get more comfortable.

Tags
awesome