Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: Las Vegas Scale Crawling Adventure Series #1, 12-10-11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

getting the vidz up now.. no editing though, just posting away...
sisterfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Link to photos http://photobucket.com/LVSC_adventure_series_1

Few highlight pics.

And check out the tire marks left n the rock fromthis one climb, mostly alex and his new Iroks.

Last edited by Rivas Concepts; 12-11-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Just a few of the pics coming from Al.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Those are some nice shots. can't wait to see the rest!
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Default water pic

those are awesome , i wonder if we got one of my truck in the water... hahahaha!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterfunk View Post
those are awesome , i wonder if we got one of my truck in the water... hahahaha!
I think he said its on video.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivas Concepts View Post
I think he said its on video.
SWEEEEEETTTTTT!!!! good to know i might be able to see my face in FULL panic mode!!!! hahahaha!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #68

Hey what's up LVSC! I would like to introduce myself Im Jared. Im new to Las Vegas as well as rc crawling. I bought my first rc crawler a few weeks ago, its a RS10 XT and been loving it ever since. Stumbled upon rc crawler forum when i encountered a problem with my servo. Googled servo problem and from then on I've been addicted and reading a lot in the past week or so.. Then found you guys and seen yesterdays event and wanted to come out but had other plans.. Hopefully you guys have another event soon I would like to come out and learn new things as well as meet new people with the same hobby and interests!! I hope to be a part of LVSC! Sorry i don't have a scaler tho..

thanks,
Jared
Jahred59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahred59 View Post
Hey what's up LVSC! I would like to introduce myself Im Jared. Im new to Las Vegas as well as rc crawling. I bought my first rc crawler a few weeks ago, its a RS10 XT and been loving it ever since. Stumbled upon rc crawler forum when i encountered a problem with my servo. Googled servo problem and from then on I've been addicted and reading a lot in the past week or so.. Then found you guys and seen yesterdays event and wanted to come out but had other plans.. Hopefully you guys have another event soon I would like to come out and learn new things as well as meet new people with the same hobby and interests!! I hope to be a part of LVSC! Sorry i don't have a scaler tho..

thanks,
Jared
Welcome to the forums Jared, Yesterday's meet was my first and it was alot of fun. Met some cool guy's and learned a few things. Looking forward to the next meet
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

dont worry Jared... we could do lines they might have no chance at.. stress the might part, The Ocho's scaler is pretty sweet. plus we could pull them out and flip them when needed... some parts this last time, had some frequent roll overs... =)
Old 12-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

thanks,
Jared
Hey Jared idk when well have another official event but we always have little outings. More than welcome to come out. I know I may not be out for a week or two with me building a new truck and trying to move at the same time but Anthony and Dom go out all the time. Welcome to Vegas!
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:

thanks,
Jared

Welcome Jared always glad to have new people come out and crawl with us. Pretty good group of guys here. Seems like a few of us are always going out to play on the rocks. Post up here or on Fb.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #73

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome!! Im eager to get out and crawl.. I'd like to go out on some outings so if you could inform me that'd be cool. Its always good to make new friends and just to learn a little more about the hobby.. Thanks again
Jahred59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Ok guys I posted score for the first series. We will have an event winner and overall points winner. Keep it simple it will just be a running talley for overall points winner. We have a lot of chit chat and thats good so lets just use this same thread and try and just do scores on the 2011/2012 Adventure Series thread. I put our regular guys on even if you didnt make the event just so everyone has chance at overall winner. Chris this doesnt take the fun out, its just makes drivers try a little harder. Like you and hitting 90 MPH with an R/C, not sure where u would need to do 90 but who cares its fun right. Everything we do is up for debate so always give your input.
Rules for comps so far are rough but work and its fun.
Scoring is like golf, lowest number wins. Hit gate +2 (this means take the gate out or knock it over) Hit it twice +2 and gate is dead move on. Skip a gate and its +4. Bonus gate completed -4 Bonus gate flags have same rules as regular flags. If you fail bonus line you must complete regular gate to move on. If you HAND OF GOD your vehicle (touch it) its +10. Vehicle tow strap roll over is 0. No timed runs. (Yet, this could change) You can drive through a gate forward or reverse. You CAN NOT back through a gate and drive forward through it, flags must be driven through in progressive order. We have No classes of vehicles yet. Only thing we encourage you to have is a tow strap. I miss anything..? Have lots of fun and get more people in vegas involved..!

Last edited by Rivas Concepts; 12-27-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivas Concepts View Post
Ok guys I posted score for the first series. We will have an event winner and overall points winner. Keep it simple it will just be a running talley for overall points winner. We have a lot of chit chat and thats good so lets just use this same thread and try and just do scores on the 2011/2012 Adventure Series thread. I put our regular guys on even if you didnt make the event just so everyone has chance at overall winner. Chris this doesnt take the fun out, its just makes drivers try a little harder. Like you and hitting 90 MPH with an R/C, not sure where u would need to do 90 but who cares its fun right. Everything we do is up for debate so always give your input.
Rules for comps so far are rough but work and its fun.
Scoring is like golf, lowest number wins. Hit gate +2 (this means take the gate out or knock it over) Hit it twice +2 and gate is dead move on. Skip a gate and its +4. Bonus gate completed -4 Bonus gate flags have same rules as regular flags. If you fail bonus line you must complete regular gate to move on. If you HAND OF GOD your vehicle (touch it) its +10. Vehicle tow strap roll over is 0. No timed runs. (Yet, this could change) You can drive through a gate forward or reverse. You CAN NOT back through a gate and drive forward through it, flags must be driven through in progressive order. We have No classes of vehicles yet. Only thing we encourage you to have is a tow strap. I miss anything..? Have lots of fun and get more people in vegas involved..!
................lollol............ well rivas if you must know... makin a rc do 90mph makes my "b" hole pukker ! and its a cool feeling to "try" to drive somethin like that.... but on the same topic "scalin" some mountain gives me the same jollys !......... what can i say im an addict !..... sorry rivas you didnt make it out on sunday the 11th, that sux u had tire problems, had a great time and got to meet earl and hot carl !.... great guys !...... again thanx for everyones help on here and on the trails !.......my nieghbor "auto bob" is an old cat so i tell him to get on it "postin the pics from sunday the 11th run"................RIVAS/OCHO 4 PREZ`S ! and no mo fo forget that !...lol
tattoo chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Las Vegas Scale Crawling Adventure Series #1, 12-10-11

Nice, what ever gets you out on the rocks chris.! So we need a schedule for the year. I am thinking 1 comp a month. GTG we can do whenever. Juanuary I am thinkin 3rd week, same for feb because you have Valentnes day the 14th, wives n gf's would kill if you spent flower or date night money on getting ready for a crawl comp.What about long weekends or holidays.? Any input guys.?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

hey anthony,,,im looking through posts and have yet to see the score system / results from the 10th.....i proly just browsed rite past em not even noticed.....let me know where they are posted at(link if poss). as ill be making num. 2 and the rest through 2012 for sure
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
hey anthony,,,im looking through posts and have yet to see the score system / results from the 10th.....i proly just browsed rite past em not even noticed.....let me know where they are posted at(link if poss). as ill be making num. 2 and the rest through 2012 for sure
Its 2011/2012 LVSC Scale Adventure Series in this section.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

So on feb 5th can anyone make an appearance at 702raceway to show off your scale truck n let these guys see a scaler crawl.? Maybe lure a few more r/c guys into the scale seen here in vegas...