Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: NMRCC State Finals!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmmotorsports View Post
Unfortunatly everyone has to pay an entry fee,It's that way for everyone else who is involved with the ORG.
I know the first year we did it at Sandia, we actually set up the course outside of the main venue and didn 't have to pay to get in. We were also sponsored by Red Bull. I would have paid to get in anyway because it was a pretty fun day, but we drew a pretty good crowd so it would be nice if they could cut us a discount. Either way it will be fun. Still trying to figure out how I can make it. Little League carnival is that day. Let's see..... dunk tank or crawling....? Should be a no brainer, right?

I would love to come out on the 30th to help. We'll see if I can swing it..... It would be awesome to build a real man-made course for repeated use instead of a pallette and tire crawler breaker......
RAM2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM2500 View Post
I know the first year we did it at Sandia, we actually set up the course outside of the main venue and didn 't have to pay to get in. We were also sponsored by Red Bull. I would have paid to get in anyway because it was a pretty fun day, but we drew a pretty good crowd so it would be nice if they could cut us a discount. Either way it will be fun. Still trying to figure out how I can make it. Little League carnival is that day. Let's see..... dunk tank or crawling....? Should be a no brainer, right?

I would love to come out on the 30th to help. We'll see if I can swing it..... It would be awesome to build a real man-made course for repeated use instead of a pallette and tire crawler breaker......
Still going on about those pallets hu?? J/K I was wondering what happened to u. Little leauge consumes yet another victim.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
A couple of questions :
1 I didnt see any 1.9 scores posted , did you( Main Chapter ) have anybody that made 4 comps in 1.9 ?
2 : I'm pretty sure you didnt have any Super comps , do the bids go to the 2 guys that did compete all series in Super Class?

The 2.2 class looks like its going to be a great competition , alot of great compeditors, I cant wait to see you guys again
I was the only one competing 1.9,and gave up cause it's no fun playing by my self.

Supers died out years ago in Abq.

2.2 is going to be kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dwaneo in the pic which one are you the guy on the right or the one on the left?

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #24
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
I was the only one competing 1.9,and gave up cause it's no fun playing by my self.

Hey Dwaneo in the pic which one are you the guy on the right or the one on the left?

LMFAO, I thought I'd get a couple chuckles out a that.

So , its safe to say that those 2 super guys get the bids ?

If we have the only 1.9 compeditors , the do we need to have a state finals , we ran a 6 comp series here?
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
LMFAO, I thought I'd get a couple chuckles out a that.

So , its safe to say that those 2 super guys get the bids ?

If we have the only 1.9 compeditors , the do we need to have a state finals , we ran a 6 comp series here?
Well, since James has been able to run but no one to compete with I would say your guys and James should be ready to compete at State.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Default Super suprize

So james is in 1.9 comps .. Cool,

supers straight to nats... Cool,

here comes the woody......( MY super is made of wood)

entry fees to park.....damn....o well pay to play, cool.

Guess ill work on the super more, make it worthy.

Looking foward to kickin' some butt !!!!

AND DWAYNE IS THE ONE ON THE RIGHT

Last edited by MX70; 05-22-2009 at 07:33 AM.
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Well if state finals are available for anyone who is "able" to crawl then I should think that any of our top ten (all) 1.9 drivers can compete too. But then thats 11 competitors total. Anyone up for a game of rock-paper-scissors? Rules state 4 comps minimum, nothing kept James from traveling up to our comps. And I don't want to hear about high travel costs. Remember you got to "pay to play". I know your the club president and all James, but rule are rules. Right? Just remember these ramblings are coming from a guy that doesn't give a rats ass about 1.9's. Not trying to ruffle any feathers just felt the need to give my 2 cents.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #28

Quote:

it appears to me James has already disqualified himself from the state 1.9 comp since he had no one to compete against here. Cloak was the one who put James into the mix and I am sure he did not think about the lack of competition as a delimiting factor. its hard to have a class when no one enters it. i was gonna say more but i only have one cent to put in.
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I'm always up for a good game of paper rock scissors (scissors cut fingers off IIRC )

James posted that he has given up on 1.9. He was at the 5th Farmington comp, and IIRC he didn't compete in 1.9

If he doesn't want to compete in 1.9, and its all Farmington drivers at state, will we still compete, or will we use our point series standings.
fwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
Well if state finals are available for anyone who is "able" to crawl then I should think that any of our top ten (all) 1.9 drivers can compete too. But then thats 11 competitors total. Anyone up for a game of rock-paper-scissors? Rules state 4 comps minimum, nothing kept James from traveling up to our comps. And I don't want to hear about high travel costs. Remember you got to "pay to play". I know your the club president and all James, but rule are rules. Right? Just remember these ramblings are coming from a guy that doesn't give a rats ass about 1.9's. Not trying to ruffle any feathers just felt the need to give my 2 cents.
Ok look here Rob learn how to read ass hole!I did'nt say anything about me competing in 1.9.I know that I don't have enough comps to compete.I dropped out half way through the season cause there is no one in abq running them,but me.As far as me not giving a rats ass about 1.9's you are wrong.I give a rats ass about all aspects of this hobby.You have anything more to say my phone # is a few posts up.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Ok look here Rob learn how to read ass hole!I did'nt say anything about me competing in 1.9.I know that I don't have enough comps to compete.I dropped out half way through the season cause there is no one in abq running them,but me.As far as me not giving a rats ass about 1.9's you are wrong.I give a rats ass about all aspects of this hobby.You have anything more to say my phone # is a few posts up.

dude, I think Rob was saying he didn't give a rats ass about 1.9.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:51 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Easy there James, I said that I don't care about 1.9's and the only reason I posted anything at all was because of Cloak saying you were going to run in state which by NMRCC rules you did not qualify for. If you never had any intention of running the 1.9 class then disregard my earlier post. And I prefer to be referred to as a dick not an ass hole.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Default James

HEY JAMES,

i miss understood cloak as well, and i was wanting you to make it for 1.9, sorry for the confusion. i thought that they said u ran by your self, my bad.

i am looking foward to this " road trip " and wish i could be there to help,
(my cousin "fwilly" says im a great rock stacker, because i suck.... lol)
what kind of stone is it going to be? sandstone, slick granite, rough granite,
etc etc? AAAHHH TIRE CHOICES, TIRE CHOICES????

Some of the best courses are man made, I AM looking foward to it!!
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Easy fellas... just remember.. this is still all in fun.. that is what this RC Club was set up for first and for most.

As for helping set up the at the ORG.. Any time frame yet?? I will be there as soon as I get done with Airsofting that morning.

P.S. anyone interested in a 2.2 Jeep JK scaler? Sill thinking of selling mine. But I dunno. No one here in ABQ is building or runnin' them.. so....
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
Easy there James, I said that I don't care about 1.9's and the only reason I posted anything at all was because of Cloak saying you were going to run in state which by NMRCC rules you did not qualify for. If you never had any intention of running the 1.9 class then disregard my earlier post. And I prefer to be referred to as a dick not an ass hole.
Ok Dick.I tell you what Dick if I didnt earn it I am not going to cheat to get it.I am a slickler for the rules Dick.Dick your earlier post will be disredarded.From now on I will refer to you as Dick actually Mr. Dick.
To you I say good day Mr. Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX70 View Post
HEY JAMES,

i miss understood cloak as well, and i was wanting you to make it for 1.9, sorry for the confusion. i thought that they said u ran by your self, my bad.

i am looking foward to this " road trip " and wish i could be there to help,
(my cousin "fwilly" says im a great rock stacker, because i suck.... lol)
what kind of stone is it going to be? sandstone, slick granite, rough granite,
etc etc? AAAHHH TIRE CHOICES, TIRE CHOICES????

Some of the best courses are man made, I AM looking foward to it!!
The coureses will be made out of formed concrete,granite,and we are trying to get a bunch of moss rock and sand stone.
I would say rovers,rockclaws,or chisels
Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #36
Oliver Custom Knives

Whooooah Fellas

James take it easy now. They're right this is all in fun.

So we are running a in order format. Lets see 20 guys @ 5 min each = a hundred min per course times 4 courses = 400 min Div by 60 = about 6 1/2 hrs. Thats if nobody takes a break to eat or piss.
Its gona be a looooong day. Thats ok it'll be a blast.

So , are we gona have a 1.9 finals or not.I think it sucks that we have to do a finals anyway. A guy works hard all season to do his best then it all comes down to one day. I dont see the need in it when we know who the top guys are anyway. 2.2 is a diffrent story , there are great drivers in bolth regions and we need to see who is the best.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

i think we should run the 1.9's lets see who can with stand one day of pressure. It doen't matter who we are we atleast have to beat mikey. JK Man i am tire of people getting hurt when someone voices there opinion. That is what being in a club is we have the right to say what we want. We have a voice that can be heard. We are here to have fun. If you don't get that then go home. We have been blessed with a sport that allows us to be kids again have fun and forget about the BS of being an adult atleast for a moment. So lets all play nice, have a blast and enjoy being in the state finals.
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #38
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post
i think we should run the 1.9's lets see who can with stand one day of pressure. It doen't matter who we are we atleast have to beat mikey. JK Man i am tire of people getting hurt when someone voices there opinion. That is what being in a club is we have the right to say what we want. We have a voice that can be heard. We are here to have fun. If you don't get that then go home. We have been blessed with a sport that allows us to be kids again have fun and forget about the BS of being an adult atleast for a moment. So lets all play nice, have a blast and enjoy being in the state finals.

OK, lets do it.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

What?? thats a horrible idea

J/K If I have to beat you guys one more time, then so be it
Old 05-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

How many of the four corners guy's will be running shafty's?Or is everyone berg now?