Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #21

im laughing cuz you just said OMG
cody428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

4 escs and 5 batterys.. lol, buy a 65t motor, a novak rooster esc and a 5000mah lipo.. you can run for hours.. your tires will be bald before your done lol
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #23
www.team3sixrc.com

I was wondering if I can make my RC Run on bacon using the solar panels to cook them and then the car battery to run it, this way on my long runs with my RC that will last for at least a week, I can have a nice hot meal or get eaten by a bear.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Multiple ESC's on 1 car is possible, but I would strongly advise against hooking more than one ESC to 1 motor. You will most likely fry all the ESC's.

As far as multiple batteries goes, you can hook as many batteries to one ESC as you like as long as they are the same voltage and mah. Wire the batteries together in paralel (+ to +, - to -) to achieve the same voltage but double the Mah. Series wiring (+ to -) will double the voltage and keep the same Mah, which probably won't work with the ESC you're using.
If you run multiple batteries on a truck, buy 2 identical fresh batteries and always use them together and charge them together. If they have a different state of charge the strong one will try to charge the weak one, which will drain the batteries and possibly cause heat issues or fires. Using like batteries will limit the chances of problems.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
oh man, this is starting to sound like the infamous "Solar Panels" Thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/powe...ar-panels.html

I wonder if Ausi319 and chaseatthefield are the same person??
or related? or married? (or both, looking at the location...)

That thread is still, to date, my favorite thread ever.
that was good stuff didn't read it all but skipped threw enough to lol alot, when i thought it had to be dead he came back with the wooden go cart.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:

I was crying at work reading this. I love how the guys title is "Started best thread ever" lol. Had a few people here at work laughing. Thanks for that!!

As for the OP try it out and post your results...and video if there is cool fire and electrocution.
Superfubario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I read this thread a while ago when you linked it in another post. I laughed I cried and also lost about 10 IQ points.

Onto the OP. Um if you are interested I am currently in talks with Korea and Iran on producing a mini nuclear reactor. If you are interested PM me. Keep it on the down low though as I think the government may be onto. When Bush was searching for WMD and couldn't find any it was because they were looking for the wrong thing. Had they been looking for tiny nuclear reactors to power RC cars the war would be over. Its all my fault and I'm sorry to everyone in the US for putting you through it all because of my greed for longer run times. Good news is we are close . Whens its done my crawler should run for about 40 years non stop.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

What I love about the solar panels thread is he was given the right answer many many times, but then someone or a few people would post the crazy sarcastic responses, and he'd go with them. I started to play along a little bit, until I thought it might be possible that he would actually try to bake the solar paste onto a lexan body in his oven. Didn't want to have anything to do with that.

As far as this OP goes... He's obviously new, not just to this forum, but to forums in general. The search feature is great, and you're probably not the first one to think about what you're after (this thread, he wants longer run time.)

I'd say, on average, the people that get the most out of this forum read about 250-500 posts for every post they've made. They've also usually not posted a single thing unless they've searched for the answer first.

Multiple ESCs won't do anything for runtime, multiple batteries in parallel will. I use 3 receiver pack lipos in parallel on my scaler. They are all 15C 1500mah 2S lipos, put together it's the same as a 15C 4500mah 2s lipo, but 15C at 4500mah is a lot better current capability than 15C at 1500mah. They are small enough to fit in the chassis.

If you wanted to, and had the space, you could get 4x5000mah 2s Lipos and wire them in parallel to get 20000mah of runtime, which equates to like 10-20 hours of runtime (depending on current draw, etc.)

When you get what you want built, post up pics and videos!
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #29
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfab View Post
"looks at users location"

Ok--that explains everything
Hey, thats not cool!
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I wish he would come back and draw out his idea, so we can all look at what he wants to do and the theory on the multiple esc's...like how many channels would he need.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:20 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
I wish he would come back and draw out his idea, so we can all look at what he wants to do and the theory on the multiple esc's...like how many channels would he need.
Oh that is easy! Just get a Futaba 14MZ... 14 channels of fun and all at 2.4ghz! http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk9400.html

Once purchased, use @AlmstEvil665's nuclear reactors to grow the necessary appendages/digits to operate them all at once!
oSPANNERo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:35 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

He has two other threads started in here. I'd say he's young 14ish and wants to build a crawler. He said in another post he wants the best parts etc etc. He obviously has no clue where to even start. The sad part is he probably came straight on this forum clicked on the electronics and posted without ever reading anything. He has 4 threads one of which has been moved all in newbie general asking the same thing. The problem is he wants everything handed to him. With a little bit of research he could learn a lot in 2 hours. Bt I'm sure being young he has homework and Facebook and sports as well as taking 2 to 3 hour showers. I mean hey its his he clean clean it as long as he wants.

My advice do some reading on the topics you asked questions about. Most of the answers can be found in the first 3 pages of newbie general. After you do some research and put in some work if you still have questions ask. But don't start a new thread for every question. Find a thread thats active on the topic your researching and ask your question there first. Everyone here is willing to help these days but when you post 4 threads with titles saying Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your first question is...wut iz the bst crowler i need to bild custom crawler and need all the bst partz please help...no one is going to take you serious. Just read and search. Everyone else here has spent more time reading this forum than actually building their truck.

About the solar panel thread...I thought the kid was just yanking everyones chain. There is no way someone could be that stupid right? The more I read the more I realized he was dead on serious. Like you said all he had to do was take the advice he was given about a larger mah battery. He was so set on the idea of solar panels though that he didn't see that as an option. He was dedicated to the solar panel thing and he wanted to make it work and I can undertsand that. The kid had heart and he was going to make it work no matter what lol. When he would get bs answers about the solar panels though he would just ask again if someone would help lol. Very persistant I must say. Oh to be young. He wasn't going to learn until he tried and failed and sometimes thats what it takes.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:38 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
Once purchased, use @AlmstEvil665's nuclear reactors to grow the necessary appendages/digits to operate them all at once!
Seriously tears in my eyes right now you have no idea how hard I am laughing. I can't take all the credit for the reactors though I heard about it in the solar panel thread and the rest was history.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Old 10-31-2009, 09:12 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
Oh that is easy! Just get a Futaba 14MZ... 14 channels of fun and all at 2.4ghz! http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk9400.html

I'm serious...cause if he fronts a diagram...then we can laugh at him....keep posting stuff like that, he'll never come back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmstEvil665 View Post
He has two other threads started in here. I'd say he's young 14ish and wants to build a crawler. He said in another post he wants the best parts etc etc. He obviously has no clue where to even start. The sad part is he probably came straight on this forum clicked on the electronics and posted without ever reading anything. He has 4 threads one of which has been moved all in newbie general asking the same thing. The problem is he wants everything handed to him. With a little bit of research he could learn a lot in 2 hours. Bt I'm sure being young he has homework and Facebook and sports as well as taking 2 to 3 hour showers. I mean hey its his he clean clean it as long as he wants.

My advice do some reading on the topics you asked questions about. Most of the answers can be found in the first 3 pages of newbie general. After you do some research and put in some work if you still have questions ask. But don't start a new thread for every question. Find a thread thats active on the topic your researching and ask your question there first. Everyone here is willing to help these days but when you post 4 threads with titles saying Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your first question is...wut iz the bst crowler i need to bild custom crawler and need all the bst partz please help...no one is going to take you serious. Just read and search. Everyone else here has spent more time reading this forum than actually building their truck.
that was my thought, if he comes back with some tangible requests, then is ok...I just wanted to know how he proposed to do some of the crazy chit he was thinking.....

I remember the needing the best crawler thread...I was suprised not one of us posted our rig and said, you can't have the best crawler..I got it

I have always said...its yours, you can wash it as fast as you want....
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmstEvil665 View Post
Bt I'm sure being young he has homework and Facebook and sports as well as taking 2 to 3 hour showers. I mean hey its his he clean clean it as long as he wants.
LOL.

Superfubario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I disagree... I have been thinking for days on how to use Doc's Flux Capacitor to link up multiple ESC's and batteries so I can hit 88mph. The problem is the Libyans keep calling and distracting me! Perhaps I should just tell them to link up with @AlmstEvil665... hmmmmm...
oSPANNERo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #38

Lightbulb

I think that what is particularly funny is that this is the Newbie thread where you aren't supposed to be flamed for even the oddest of questions. Guess the guys with unlimited budgets and years of experience forgot what it was like finding out things the hard way. I love this site, but some of you seem to have forgotten that most of us are grown men playing with toy trucks and ourselves are lucky to not be made fun of!!!
rocktractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #39

I think I just pee'd, funny
BIKETROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktractor View Post
I think that what is particularly funny is that this is the Newbie thread where you aren't supposed to be flamed for even the oddest of questions. Guess the guys with unlimited budgets and years of experience forgot what it was like finding out things the hard way. I love this site, but some of you seem to have forgotten that most of us are grown men playing with toy trucks and ourselves are lucky to not be made fun of!!!
I am by no means one of the "unlimited budget" guys (see sig) and my years of experience are not numerous. I don't think I was flaming anything... If I did, whoops. I really want to help this guy out, but seeing as he hasn't logged in since he posted this thread, it's hard to have him provide some insight to his project for those of us with the answers to provide them to him.

Toy trucks is a vast understatement. These are pretty advanced technically, and calling them toys is a generality. I guess you could call 1:1's toy trucks too since you can go and play with them.

Before this forum, and when everyone was a newbie, we had to find out answers with trial and error, and innovation. Nowadays a newb can come in and be spoonfed some info to get them on their way. That's a good thing to an extent.